Holdout: An SP Survival Mission

Singleplayer Maps here.

Holdout: An SP Survival Mission

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 28 July 2020, 22:06

Question: Should I make an MP version of this map?
In Addition To Leaving Feedback For This Map, Feel Free To Share Any Stories And Experiences While Playing This Map!

Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=990678
Map ID: phant0mb0nnie-fubar
Instant Demolishing And Destruction: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=p ... nnie-fubar

BETA is officially over, but map will still be updated. Thanks to everyone who rated during the BETA, which ended on August 15, 2020.
REPORT BUGS in a comment or PM me.
LEAVE FEEDBACK!!
If rating anything other than 5 stars, I would like some written feedback. This can help me improve the map.

Featuring:
Spoiler: Show More
Scorekeeping system.
Four CS soldiers. Three Lites and One Heavy.
Different roles for each soldier.
Unique SUPPORT OPTIONS for each soldier.
Enemies endlessly spawning in.
Supply drops that help you keep the battle going longer.

IMPORTANT!! MUST READ!!:
Support Options are placed in Slot 9. Select the slot and click to activate. They are as follows:
Rifleman: Can call in gunship support. A gunship will fly to your cursor and provide close air support with a cannon and AGMs. Guns can be controlled until the gunship leaves the area. AVOID CALLING GUNSHIP INTO TIGHT SPACES.

Marksman: Calls in sniper support. All enemies near the character will be killed instantly.

EOD Demolitions: Calls in artillery strike. Click once to request call for fire, and click again to verify the coordinates. The impact zone will be marked and the ordnance will arrive a few seconds later. Make sure your cursor is on the exact spot you want the artillery to be. Don't blow yourself up.

Automatic Rifleman Heavy: Calls in friendly reinforcements. When used, two Elites will arrive a couple seconds later. They will stay with you until killed. CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE!

NEW! Civil Security Medic: Uses a healing module that instantly heals all surviving allies to max health.

If a soldier is killed, then his support option will become unavailable until the level is restarted.

Supply Drops:
Supply drops are delivered by a transport ship to your team's insertion point. From there it will drop a crate full of additional weaponry and deploy a soldier. You will be notified when a supply drop is inbound and when it has arrived. It is recommended that you secure the LZ before the supply drop reaches it.

Supply Crate Alpha
Points required: 1500.
You will receive the following:
    Civil Security Medic. Equipped with an Assault Rifle CS-RC, Pistol CS-Pro, and a defibrillator that can be used to save dying allies (dead allies cannot be revived).
    One Lite Railgun.
    One Grenade Launcher STB.
    One LittleB SMG.
    One Combat Rifle CS-OICW.

Intel On Enemies:
Usurpation Minor:
HP: 150
Deployed upon insertion into the AO.
Description: Conscripts and recruits of the Usurpation Forces. They have a weak loadout which mostly consists of alien weapons. Although easily neutralized, a lucky shot with an alien sniper rifle can ruin your day, and large numbers of them can swarm you.

Advanced Usurpation Soldier:
HP: 360
Deployed when 75 confirmed kills have been achieved.
Description: Ranking much higher above Minor Usurps, Advanced Usurps are specialized troops employed by the alien military to supplement their forces in order to deal with more resilient threats (e.g. you and your fireteam). They use alien weapons as well as weapons captured from the human forces, giving them access to more powerful technology such as rocket launchers and railguns. Caution is advised when engaging.

Usurpation Soldier Major:
HP: 300
Deployed when 125 confirmed kills have been achieved.
Description: These are battle hardened soldiers and the backbone of the Usurpation Army. Usurpation Majors have access to standard alien weaponry as well as human weaponry, greatly bolstering their firepower. Although easier to take on than Advanced Usurps, they are much more numerous, as they begin replacing Usurpation Minors as they are killed. Eventually, all Minors on the battlefield will have been replaced by the Usurpation Major.

Usurpation Destroyer:
HP: 400
Deployed when 175 confirmed kills have been achieved.
Description: Veteran soldiers of the Usurpation military, Usurpation Destroyers are a force to be reckoned with. With advanced weaponry and training, Usurpation Destroyers are a dangerous threat to the CS forces. Although their numbers are much smaller than that of the other Usurpations, they more than make up for it with their combat skills and firepower. They have access to a broader category of weapons, including the infamous CS-BNG as well as biological weapons like the Acid GL and toxin-based weapons stolen from Crossfire and PHANX. Engagement is not to be taken lightly. It is recommended that you have the element of surprise as well as superior positioning on your side.

Usurpation Ranger:
HP: 500
Deployed when ███ confirmed kills have been achieved. Exact numbers are classified, but it is around 200-225.
The special operations forces of the Usurpation military, Usurpation Rangers are a tough threat to take on. They make use of special weaponry like the Ray Rifle and C01-r. They specialize in both overt and covert operations, such as recon and direct action missions. They have also been observed to support conventional forces in the battlefield, where their skills have been put to good use to achieve victory. Usurpation Rangers insert in groups of five at a random location in your AO. These groups will consistently spawn at set intervals, and there is no limit to how many Ranger teams that can be deployed at any given time. Therefore it is important to eliminate them quickly before their numbers can accumulate, although their training, equipment, and concentration can prove this to be difficult.

Briefing:
In the midst of the Usurpation war, a CS fireteam is deployed to retake and defend an overrun FOB.
Expect to be just a little brutalized here.

Deploy in the battlefield.
Come up with a plan of attack. You can either push west to the command center, push east into the hangar, or sweep the tunnels underground.
Call in support and commence the assault!
Retake vital positions and hold out as long as possible!
Interact with the environment by pressing [E] at certain places.
Last edited by Phant0mB0nnie on 30 October 2020, 23:16, edited 22 times in total.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Holdout: An SP Survival Mission

Postby nightmar » 31 July 2020, 23:02

Awesome map. I am amazed. The only change I would make is make the gunship always follow a specific route, because if it really does follow the cursor we will have problems controlling it while firing the rocket artillery (personally I got it stuck at a roof). Also if we control it it can just stay in the battlefield forever.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 1 August 2020, 00:36

The way the gunship is supposed to work is:

Switch to the soldier with the support option. In this case it's the starting character.
    Switch to slot 9.
    Click where you want the gunship to fly to.
    You have the option of controlling the gunship's weapons and weapons only (not the movement, though that would be dope).

Gunship arrives at where you clicked and hovers there. I think you got confused with the wording and thought the gunship will constantly fly to your cursor. It just flies to one predetermined spot and stays there until it's time to leave.
    According to what you said, I think the gunship already works the way you want it to. Just make sure you click carefully, because you can't adjust the gunship's position once it arrives.

Gunship will fly away after a couple seconds of blowing stuff up.
    Cooldown timer takes effect.
    Gunship becomes available for use again.
    Rinse and repeat.

If you want an analogy, then if you play Call of Duty or something similar, it's just like the chopper gunner or the
AC-130.
You control the weapons, the aircraft itself moves on its own.

Always call in the gunship in wide open spaces, preferably above ground, otherwise the guns may glitch inside the walls and act weird, becoming hard to control.
The characters controlling the guns may even get killed (though they're not supposed to).
Although the gunship tends to pass through walls and stuff on its way in and out, it's usually very quick. However, having the guns defy space and time can cause problems in the long term.

If there's anything else, then let me know.
Anyways, thanks for the feedback!
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby nightmar » 1 August 2020, 03:17

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:The way the gunship is supposed to work is:

Switch to the soldier with the support option. In this case it's the starting character.
    Switch to slot 9.
    Click where you want the gunship to fly to.
    You have the option of controlling the gunship's weapons and weapons only (not the movement, though that would be dope).

Gunship arrives at where you clicked and hovers there. I think you got confused with the wording and thought the gunship will constantly fly to your cursor. It just flies to one predetermined spot and stays there until it's time to leave.
    According to what you said, I think the gunship already works the way you want it to. Just make sure you click carefully, because you can't adjust the gunship's position once it arrives.

Gunship will fly away after a couple seconds of blowing stuff up.
    Cooldown timer takes effect.
    Gunship becomes available for use again.
    Rinse and repeat.

If you want an analogy, then if you play Call of Duty or something similar, it's just like the chopper gunner or the
AC-130.
You control the weapons, the aircraft itself moves on its own.

Always call in the gunship in wide open spaces, preferably above ground, otherwise the guns may glitch inside the walls and act weird, becoming hard to control.
The characters controlling the guns may even get killed (though they're not supposed to).
Although the gunship tends to pass through walls and stuff on its way in and out, it's usually very quick. However, having the guns defy space and time can cause problems in the long term.

If there's anything else, then let me know.
Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

Yes that clears things up. My only question is, how long is it suppsoed to stay and hover before leaving?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 1 August 2020, 14:56

I think I have the timer set somewhere between 900-1000. So a couple seconds. When it leaves, you'll see in the chat:

"Civil Security Pilot: Peeling off to refuel and rearm. Good luck down there."
Me in my imagination:

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Return to Singleplayer Maps