Holdout: An SP Survival Mission

Singleplayer Maps here.

Holdout: An SP Survival Mission

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 28 July 2020, 22:06

Question: Should I make an MP version of this map?

Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=990678
Map ID: phant0mb0nnie-fubar
Instant Demolishing And Destruction: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=p ... nnie-fubar

Map is still in BETA PHASE. There may be bugs. New features to be added in the future. Sorry about only one enemy type. There will be more down the line.
REPORT BUGS in a comment or PM me.
LEAVE FEEDBACK!!
If rating anything other than 5 stars, I would like some written feedback. This can help me improve the map.

Featuring:
Four CS soldiers. Three Lites and One Heavy.
Different roles for each soldier.
Unique SUPPORT OPTIONS for each soldier.
Enemies endlessly spawning in.

IMPORTANT!! MUST READ!!:
Support Options are placed in Slot 9. Select the slot and click to activate. They are as follows:

Rifleman: Can call in gunship support. A gunship will fly to your cursor and provide close air support with a cannon and AGMs. Guns can be controlled until the gunship leaves the area. AVOID CALLING GUNSHIP INTO TIGHT SPACES.

Marksman: Calls in sniper support. All enemies near the character will be killed instantly.

EOD Demolitions: Calls in artillery strike. Click once to request call for fire, and click again to verify the coordinates. The impact zone will be marked and the ordnance will arrive a few seconds later. Make sure your cursor is on the exact spot you want the artillery to be. Dont blow yourself up.

Automatic Rifleman Heavy: Calls in friendly reinforcements. When used, two Elites will arrive a couple seconds later. They will stay with you until killed. CAN ONLY BE USED ONCE!

If a soldier is killed, then his support option will become unavailable until the level is restarted.

Briefing:
In the midst of the Usurpation war, a CS fireteam is deployed to retake and defend an overrun FOB.
Expect to be just a little brutalized here.

Deploy in the battlefield.
Come up with a plan of attack. You can either push west to the command center, push east into the hangar, or sweep the tunnels underground.
Call in support and commence the assault!
Retake vital positions and hold out as long as possible!
Interact with the environment by pressing [E] at certain places.
Last edited by Phant0mB0nnie on 1 August 2020, 20:11, edited 2 times in total.
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.
Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Holdout: An SP Survival Mission

Postby nightmar » 31 July 2020, 23:02

Awesome map. I am amazed. The only change I would make is make the gunship always follow a specific route, because if it really does follow the cursor we will have problems controlling it while firing the rocket artillery (personally I got it stuck at a roof). Also if we control it it can just stay in the battlefield forever.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 1 August 2020, 00:36

The way the gunship is supposed to work is:

Switch to the soldier with the support option. In this case it's the starting character.
    Switch to slot 9.
    Click where you want the gunship to fly to.
    You have the option of controlling the gunship's weapons and weapons only (not the movement, though that would be dope).

Gunship arrives at where you clicked and hovers there. I think you got confused with the wording and thought the gunship will constantly fly to your cursor. It just flies to one predetermined spot and stays there until it's time to leave.
    According to what you said, I think the gunship already works the way you want it to. Just make sure you click carefully, because you can't adjust the gunship's position once it arrives.

Gunship will fly away after a couple seconds of blowing stuff up.
    Cooldown timer takes effect.
    Gunship becomes available for use again.
    Rinse and repeat.

If you want an analogy, then if you play Call of Duty or something similar, it's just like the chopper gunner or the
AC-130.
You control the weapons, the aircraft itself moves on its own.

Always call in the gunship in wide open spaces, preferably above ground, otherwise the guns may glitch inside the walls and act weird, becoming hard to control.
The characters controlling the guns may even get killed (though they're not supposed to).
Although the gunship tends to pass through walls and stuff on its way in and out, it's usually very quick. However, having the guns defy space and time can cause problems in the long term.

If there's anything else, then let me know.
Anyways, thanks for the feedback!
Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby nightmar » 1 August 2020, 03:17

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:The way the gunship is supposed to work is:

Switch to the soldier with the support option. In this case it's the starting character.
    Switch to slot 9.
    Click where you want the gunship to fly to.
    You have the option of controlling the gunship's weapons and weapons only (not the movement, though that would be dope).

Gunship arrives at where you clicked and hovers there. I think you got confused with the wording and thought the gunship will constantly fly to your cursor. It just flies to one predetermined spot and stays there until it's time to leave.
    According to what you said, I think the gunship already works the way you want it to. Just make sure you click carefully, because you can't adjust the gunship's position once it arrives.

Gunship will fly away after a couple seconds of blowing stuff up.
    Cooldown timer takes effect.
    Gunship becomes available for use again.
    Rinse and repeat.

If you want an analogy, then if you play Call of Duty or something similar, it's just like the chopper gunner or the
AC-130.
You control the weapons, the aircraft itself moves on its own.

Always call in the gunship in wide open spaces, preferably above ground, otherwise the guns may glitch inside the walls and act weird, becoming hard to control.
The characters controlling the guns may even get killed (though they're not supposed to).
Although the gunship tends to pass through walls and stuff on its way in and out, it's usually very quick. However, having the guns defy space and time can cause problems in the long term.

If there's anything else, then let me know.
Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

Yes that clears things up. My only question is, how long is it suppsoed to stay and hover before leaving?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 1 August 2020, 14:56

I think I have the timer set somewhere between 900-1000. So a couple seconds. When it leaves, you'll see in the chat:

"Civil Security Pilot: Peeling off to refuel and rearm. Good luck down there."
Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Return to Singleplayer Maps