Help????

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

Help????

Postby map9 » 13 June 2020, 22:13

Is there a way to make weapons being cloned to a specific player whenever he presses E on the button?
Let's say player 1 pressed E on the button, he should get the gun.
If it's player 2 pressed E on the button, then he should get the gun instead of player 1.
But I can't seem to do this system and it's getting me frustrated a lot despite variables in multiplayer.
Also another thing I'm planing to make is a blue key-card that must be in your inventory in order to use key-card slot box that requires a key-card but having that system in multiplayer must likely going to be a pain in the ass.
Anyways I'm planing to make the greatest prison map ever by adding 16 amount of players and most of them are inmates/prisoners and the rest are security guards and security guards are going to have those blue key-cards which inmates can steal and use for their advantage to access personnel only areas and perhaps escape different ways in the prison.
Another thing I'm planing to make is a handcuff system where guards have those handcuff and they can use those to send inmates to the solitary confinement for trying to escape but to make this system you'll have to make it so that when a player 1 uses his handcuff on player 2 you'll need a system that detects which player it is and sent him to whatever it might be like if player 1 uses his handcuff on player 4 then player 4 should be sent and not player 2 for example depends on which player ? the player 1 uses his handcuffs on that player he will be sent to an area.
Also not only that but guards also have stun guns which is a gun that stuns fleeing inmates causing them to fall over and should get back up again after being stun for whatever delay it may be but instead of that the stun gun just causes dying state for the player which is not really something you want cause dying state causes permanent stunning until you defibrillator yourself which is not really stunning more like causing near kill states with the gun.
map id: map9-tests_0 and my other one called map9-tests those maps were made for the plans of my upcoming prison map which hasn't been made yet until I make the most painful systems that I have discussed here such as cloning guns system for multiplayer and items like blue key-card that should allow that player who has that key-card to use specific things in the prison such as prison cell door for example and the other item like handcuffs that should sent players which you use on to prison confinement solitary cell or whatever it might be and of course the stun gun that should stun players causing them to fall for a specific delay and then able to move again for example and then lastly is most likely screwdrivers which is an item that is stashed somewhere in prison and that inmate who finds it can use it to unlock vents for example which is a plan for my prison map that I plan to make most likely a pain in the ass to make just like the rest of them.
The only easy thing about my plans is making a map cause all you do is add walls decors and so on to make it like a map then you have to add logic which can variety on what you plan to do and in this case I feel like this is impossible to make but I still think it's possible in someways I just need serious help and then after that i think the map would be amazing and will be the closest realistic prison map ever if it's successful that is.
Thank you for reading and taking your time with me.

map9

Re: Help????

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 20 June 2020, 01:25

You can't clone guns. You can move guns to a region, and you can attach regions to characters. Also, if you clone a character with a gun, then that gun will automatically get duplicated with the character (so I guess there is a way). But cloned characters can carry only one gun at a time. So if you give a character a rifle and a rocket launcher and clone them, they will spawn with only the rifle or only the RL.
For keycards, you can make keycards "guns" and use the
"Call Trigger 'B' when Gun 'A' is fired." trigger. Make sure you use a gun mod trigger action to set the amount of projectiles fired to 0.
Now, to make the keycards into guns, you will have to find a keycard decor, use the texture offsets to align it properly, scale it accordingly, and repeatedly call a trigger with the action:
"Move, flip, and rotate decor 'A' to gun 'B'." (It's something like that, anyways. You'll find it.)
Now, with the use of additional triggers, you might be able to fulfill some of your dreams, but you may find that the level editor might not meet all your expectations and has some restrictions.

Hopefully I answered some of your questions. Anyways, have fun with the editor, and do what you can. Good job with the fight maps.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Help????

Postby jeje52 » 20 June 2020, 02:32

Gun cloning for the player that pressed button
1. Set a variable to the player initiator's slot
2. Move or clone guns to different players depending on the value of that variable, so it's just a long list of "skip if not" actions. Cloning guns is possible with this trigger action, though I'm not sure if it works in multiplayer.

Key cards
1. Every time a key card button is pressed, check if the player initiator's inventory contains the keycard gun
2. Have different actions depending on the result.
You can get the player initiator's inventory by taking the initiator slot and having a long list of "skip if not" actions that set a variable to different ppl's inventory. It should be possible to make the key card invisible when it's not held, but I won't explain that now unless you ask.

Handcuffs that send players to jail
There are multiple ways to do this. The easiest method that I think would work is to move a region in front of the gun shooter that teleports all players in it to jail. Have a timer with 0 delay (activates the very next frame) which removes the region. All players in it should activate the region that frame and get teleported. You have to make sure the cop itself doesn't get teleported, and if you want cops to be immune to it, you can check player initiator slot to make sure it isn't a cop.

Stun gun
This may be a bit more difficult and buggy, as there's no built-in way to know for sure a player has been hit by a specific gun. Though if the stun gun's damage is something like 12.125 and a player loses exactly that amount of hp, it's almost certain it was the stun gun. Different body parts take varying amounts of damage and I've heard whether or not you're holding a gun also affects it, so you have to take those into account. So
1. Get all the damage values that you need (should be 8 for each body part with and without holding a gun). If you want to be absolutely sure it always works, change the stun gun's power to change its damage.
2. Have an infinite timer that monitors every player's hp loss and stun them if they lose a specific amount of damage.
There is of course a possibility this won't always work, but it's the best solution we've got.

Screwdrivers
Same as the key card, but with different actions. Assuming you use the invisible gun for both the key cards and screwdriver, you can differentiate between them by changing the screwdriver's upgrade level. It will change a number in the "id" of the gun when it's in your inventory.

It sounds like a big project. I've thought of making a prison map like yours but I rarely do anything with my ideas. Hope my answers helped in some way.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Tutorials