How to make it impossible for people to spectate your map

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

How to make it impossible for people to spectate your map

Postby phsc » 10 May 2020, 20:58

With that map, paul404-base having such feature, I decided I'd find out how he did it, pretty simple after all.

https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=949260

Call a trigger once the map starts, set value of variable X as 1 if there is a spectator 0 if else case, if X is 1 then lock camera on the region you want.

thanks to kostadin/reloadium for helping me test it out even tho i tested it a few more times
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: How to make it impossible for people to spectate your ma

Postby Girl_Power » 10 May 2020, 23:45

I don't understand why people don't want others to spectate a match. Why not just create a password for the people you want to join instead of getting into the hassle of creating a system to ban people from spectating?
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 11 May 2020, 06:14

i have no idea either im just telling how people can do it because i got curious about how paul404 did that in his base map, i dont even make maps anymore
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Girl_Power » 11 May 2020, 06:50

There is a new topic made whether this feature should be allowed or not. Not sure if you've seen it already but currently the majority of people say no.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wolf653 » 11 May 2020, 06:58

Girl_Power wrote:There is a new topic made whether this feature should be allowed or not. Not sure if you've seen it already but currently the majority of people say no.

and that topic used double negatives due to the person suffering from sleep deprivation and forgetting english at 5 am
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Incompetence » 12 May 2020, 19:52

Girl_Power wrote:I don't understand why people don't want others to spectate a match. Why not just create a password for the people you want to join instead of getting into the hassle of creating a system to ban people from spectating?

one instance i can think of is if you don't want players spectating and freely calling out player locations as an advantage. blocking spectating prevents getting that level of free game info and makes things more fair on a communication level
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Girl_Power » 13 May 2020, 01:40

Incompetence wrote:
Girl_Power wrote:I don't understand why people don't want others to spectate a match. Why not just create a password for the people you want to join instead of getting into the hassle of creating a system to ban people from spectating?

one instance i can think of is if you don't want players spectating and freely calling out player locations as an advantage. blocking spectating prevents getting that level of free game info and makes things more fair on a communication level

Oh I get it now. Thanks for clearing it up. :P
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wolf653 » 13 May 2020, 02:17

Incompetence wrote:

thats not really helpful here as remember it only detects when a spectator joins not spectate after dying
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Incompetence » 13 May 2020, 22:40

wolf653 wrote:
Incompetence wrote:

thats not really helpful here as remember it only detects when a spectator joins not spectate after dying

it still gives the same benefits to the spectator in question. nothing's stopping a third person from re-joining as a spectator or having someone spectate for you. it especially benefits players that are actually communicating with one another against those that don't. of course realistically, there's not many people that would engage in communication but the potential and option to abuse spectating is still there. it just doesn't happen because of the low player population and the even lower amount of players willing to use vc/chat comms

now if multiple people end up doing it for example, it slows the game to a crawl because people will end up constantly repositioning or avoid pushing opponents in favor of hanging back and playing passively in order to avoid being called out and to take advantage of location callouts being given to them. game becomes very passive and slow then. in a competitive setting especially, you don't want this happening at all and it's especially detrimental if the game is fast paced because it puts the entire gameplay pacing out of order
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Tutorials