How do i Make an ally that wont get mad at being shot?

Ask any questions you may have here.

How do i Make an ally that wont get mad at being shot?

Postby bubblbutt » 5 March 2019, 23:11

I'm currently making a map, and i can't figure out how to get an "ally player" to do anything but stand still, and i can't Get an "actor" to remain passive when hit by friendly fire. This might just be me being stupid, but i just can't figure it out! If anyone knows how to fix this problem, any help is immensely appreciated!

bubblbutt

Re: How do i Make an ally that wont get mad at being shot?

Postby Protonoid » 6 March 2019, 04:46

Only characters in the Alpha team remain unaffected by friendly fire (except indirect damage).

Ally Players are meant for multiplayer mapping, they are non-AI characters.

Actor are AI characters, usually used in SP mode. Set the team of your player and actor model to alpha, and there will be no friendly fire damage.

Every other team except Alpha are subject to friendly fire.

YOUR ASS BELONGS TO ME. WELCOME TO SHAWSHANK.
Protonoid

Postby Hikarikaze » 6 March 2019, 07:23

Protonoid wrote:Set the team of your player and actor model to alpha, and there will be no friendly fire damage.

OP doesn't want to remove the friendly fire; he wants the AI to not react to friendly fire. Setting it to Alpha is nowhere near what the OP is trying to do.
Hikarikaze
Lite Marine [800]

Postby Fan Fan1 » 6 March 2019, 11:17

Your ally is not doing anything because you probably created it as a player. You want to create an ally as an actor. This actor has a parameter called "AI behaviour" which you can set to follow the player, look around, investigate, or do nothing.

Actor's only fight their team members during a friendly fire if the difficulty is set to easy or normal. They do not fight each other in hard difficulty. In MP, the difficulty of these actors are set to hard by default. In SP, the difficulty is set by the player, unless you override it with a trigger action that forces hard AI difficulty.
Fan Fan1
Recruit

Postby Civil-Lite » 11 March 2019, 14:13

Another thing you can do is set the enemy's / Ally's AIs behavior to at first "Do nothing", you can enable a Timer /enable player to walk through a specific Region which would set off a trigger action "Set AI Behavior parameter of computer-controlled Character 'A' value 'B'".
"Sup forever alone. Do you want to do something alive or are you just gonna sit down on your a** all day like a loser? It's simple, so just go on by and play Plazma Burst 2. Well easy!"

"Ah... Son of a..."
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Return to Questions