How much inconsiderate the moderators can be?

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

How much inconsiderate the moderators can be?

Postby maxim12 » 9 February 2021, 21:59

I was merely asking what is taking so long for moderators to approve certain decorations that has been lying in review mode for a month already (Which is bizarre considering it should take hours to only 2 days for review) as I was afraid that the reviev stretch would be the same with other of my decorations and images.

Right as I was asking that on discord, Kiriakos GR responded with "Soon", only for me to check back just to see that all of my decorations under the proccess of approval request being flat out rejected with no valid reason, there is this underlying feeling that it has been done completely out of spite, considering that they just flat out did not consider that I took 10 minutes or more to edit all those custom gun decorations to make them fit the Plazmaburst 2 art style.

I'm simply reporting this, because the actions done by Kiriakos was unjustified, let alone unfair because I spent considerable time on editing those custom decorations in photoshop and then fitting them in in my map via triggers.

https://i.imgur.com/4jVp9VI.png

Like BRUH, this must be some kind of prank or joke that I am not getting.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: How much of a scumbag the moderators can be?

Postby paulstin » 9 February 2021, 22:09

maxim12 wrote:I was merely asking what is taking so long for moderators to approve certain decorations that has been lying in review mode for a month already (Which is bizarre considering it should take hours to only 2 days for review)

Right as I was asking that on discord, Kiriakos GR responded with "Soon", only for me to check back just to see that all of my decorations under the proccess of approval request being flat out rejected with no valid reason, there is this underlying feeling that it has been done completely out of spite, considering that they just flat out did not consider that I took 10 minutes or more to edit all those custom gun decorations to make them fit the Plazmaburst 2 art style.

I'm simply reporting this, because the actions done by Kiriakos was unjustified, let alone unfair because I spent considerable time on editing those custom decorations in photoshop and then fitting them in in my map via triggers.

That shows you that most pb2 just are not interested, now flash has died, they are not exactly rushed off there feet are they, there is hardly any players online now to moderate, You would think they would try and help the very few players left and keep them playing, YES some do things out of spite, some try and ban anything about DARK CLAN, if they can. one of my post about how DARK CLAN survived and what we are doing about it , getting ready for pb2.5, was deleted by a mod, a post that could help other clans who could of copied me, and done what we did, and kept a presence of pb2, so they would of been ready to go onto pb2.5 and maybe to of helped keep pb2 ticking over. DARK CLAN, the clan they tried to BAN, and could not! the clan that survived!

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: How much inconsiderate the moderators can be?

Postby wolf653 » 9 February 2021, 22:14

map making is dead map making is no more
also show me the damn rejected decors
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mrblake213 » 10 February 2021, 02:04

Greetings,

I don't speak in behalf of Kiri or for the Map Approval team, this is just a personal opinion.

First of all, the only people who can approve map decorations are the Map Approval team, which currently consists of the Administrators, the Head Moderators, and some Moderators. Not every one in the staff has these permissions which is why the full potential of the staff can't be exercised.

Second of all, the said Map Approval team cannot put a reason on why your decoration has been rejected because there is simply no field or text box to put a reason to. This is up to Eric whether he decides to update it or not.

Third of all, kindly read the Custom Decorations Guidelines which can be found here (viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24537). If your image violates at least one, then it could be under rejection.

Personally speaking, I believe your images are not your own creation. They are at least derived from or copied from other games / the Internet which is why it could violate copyright policies. Hence, they have been rejected.

Thank you.

EDIT: Apparently your background images were rejected because they didn't fit the PB2 theme. Your gun decorations were rejected because you didn't provide the offset in the title and because they were also non-PB2 themed.

Stryde: he needs to shrink the size of the gun images and provide offsets in title, simple fix
the latter two (backgrounds) are not realistic to pb2.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby TelarmerGz » 10 February 2021, 05:24

Yeah why not just ask Eric to add more updates to this custom image upload thing?

Cause I remember seeing favorites as an option that wasn't available but was planned to be added in. Whenever you right click an image on the custom image library. But however that feature. I have no idea what happened to it. But I don't think it's there anymore. Probably it was planned to be added in but then probably Eric change his mind about it.

As for adding text field for why the image was rejected is a great idea. Cause most people are going to be pissed and mad for something they do not understand why.

Reminds me of those old times I heard when players tried to approve their maps. They only get rejected if they did not follow. Or simply did not provide good gameplay. But after some years. In my own experience they specify the reasons why your map isn't approved and give you like few tries to fix your map during those feedbacks and if you failed to have your map approved in those tries. It would get rejected with the reasons if provided. And you could easily check for them. It makes it way easier for people to understand what they have done wrong and could improve on it.

It's quite anonying and confusing for users when instead all they get is rejected without a seemingly proper reasons. Thus they cannot understand their problems and instead begin to accuse that the system is false and is not proper which could very well be. However there isn't much way to tell. In fact. I think it's better and easier if people would provide reasons as to why it was rejected. Cause it would allow for users to learn and understand what's the reasons based on those reasons.

But since there are no reasons to explain why it was rejected. Your only option is to just read the custom images and decorations approval in the topic that MrBlake213 has provided. And simply guess the reasons why your image was rejected and improve on that. I know it's stupidly annoying and frustrating.

Makes me wonder. If the problems that people deal with are connected to Eric. Do we seriously blame Eric for not adding those updates now? Oh come on. This is quite ridiculous.

But at least there got to be some feedbacks on how to improve things. It's just that. PB2 is dead. It doesn't seem that Eric would add these updates anyway even if feedbacks are given. Of course Eric could update the game. However Eric might not. Cause he probably knows that PB2 has very low activity and is mostly dead. Due to this he might rather focus more on PB2.5/3. Thus forgetting about this feedbacks. OR simply just add it in later in PB2.5/3.

In short. I have no idea where things are going to be at this point.

Cause now. Map approvals are literally closed down until PB2.5/3 is released. Simply because PB2 is essentially very very low in activity. Or if you want to say that the game is dead. Go ahead. I already said that. However the game isn't quite dead as we all first thought anyway. Just extreme low activity at some parts. Yes I was wrong about the game being deliciously exquisite pizza sauce dead when it was some what a lie at some way. Of course people can say it's dead anyway. So who cares. Just that map approvals are unfortunately closed and basically ruins map makers the chance to have some go for making new map for approved. Provided if we had a way to also set approved maps to be in custom mode too. Which does not affects SP, KDR. Yes the custom mode. Which is similar to ranked mode and unranked mode. But the key difference here is to have the map display in custom maps section of the PB2 multiplayer lobby where it does not AFFECT SP NOR KDR. Yes it's an idea feature which could possibly only be added in PB2.5/3. Probably impossible to have in PB2. In short. I have no idea where I am talking this into right now.

TelarmerGz
Recruit

Postby mokaal » 10 February 2021, 05:57

maxim12 wrote:I was merely asking what is taking so long for moderators to approve certain decorations that has been lying in review mode for a month already (Which is bizarre considering it should take hours to only 2 days for review) as I was afraid that the reviev stretch would be the same with other of my decorations and images.

https://i.imgur.com/4jVp9VI.png

Like BRUH, this must be some kind of prank or joke that I am not getting.

You need to know that all moderators, workers of the community and etc are humans dude, they need rest, they work in here and real life, you shouldn't be angry at an admin because he's taking so long to approve your custom decoration or whatever you want, you need to understand that they're humans, not robots who do everything in a second.
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby broforce1 » 10 February 2021, 06:35

ehm?

they may be fine to be approved but aren't that not of your creation and if it gets rejected then u can contact the administrator to re-approve it though cuz it's fine, some admins do mistakes though.

also, another thing that most of those things are casually similar and I dunno, maybe upload something that is fully your creation (we do have enough snipers with boring design and normal skies though loL), and wtf with the big amount of space between your snipers?
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby maxim12 » 10 February 2021, 09:14

mrblake213 wrote:Greetings,

I don't speak in behalf of Kiri or for the Map Approval team, this is just a personal opinion.

First of all, the only people who can approve map decorations are the Map Approval team, which currently consists of the Administrators, the Head Moderators, and some Moderators. Not every one in the staff has these permissions which is why the full potential of the staff can't be exercised.

Second of all, the said Map Approval team cannot put a reason on why your decoration has been rejected because there is simply no field or text box to put a reason to. This is up to Eric whether he decides to update it or not.

Third of all, kindly read the Custom Decorations Guidelines which can be found here (viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24537). If your image violates at least one, then it could be under rejection.

Personally speaking, I believe your images are not your own creation. They are at least derived from or copied from other games / the Internet which is why it could violate copyright policies. Hence, they have been rejected.

Thank you.

EDIT: Apparently your background images were rejected because they didn't fit the PB2 theme. Your gun decorations were rejected because you didn't provide the offset in the title and because they were also non-PB2 themed.

Stryde: he needs to shrink the size of the gun images and provide offsets in title, simple fix
the latter two (backgrounds) are not realistic to pb2.

Needs to fit the PB2 theme? First of all, the images of the guns arent mine, they we're taken from the internet, I already said that and that I edited them in photoshop to make them fit PB2 theme, eitherway I my photoshop skills arent great, as my art skills are very limited, you expect that everyone should be able to make their own entire creations that fit the PB2 theme 100%?

Also, there are like crapton of images, sky backingrounds and decorations objects that dont fit the PB2 theme at all and yet are approved and appear on the approved decorations searcher for others, dont you think that rejecting my decorations just because they dont fit the "PB2" theme is incosistent on your side?

Lastly, yeah, I'll find time to fix the image sizes of my guns and make sure to put some more work, but still, there needs to be some link that leads to the approval requirements thread, because I didnt even knew there are certain requirements for decoration approval, execluding the general rule that no innappropriate stuff allowed ofcourse.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby nightmar » 11 February 2021, 10:51

What special does a background image need to have to fit pb2 theme?
From what I have seen any kind of background can fit in pb2 under certain circumstances.
Last edited by nightmar on 14 February 2021, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Stryde » 11 February 2021, 14:16

A lot is wrong with this topic, so let me clarify all of the bullshit:

1) Moderators are not responsible for approving or rejecting decorations. This falls under the approval team.
2) Your decorations got rejected because you failed to include offsets in the title for other users to be able to use publically. This is honestly why most decorations get rejected nowadays.
3) If we could provide reasons for rejecting decorations, yes this would be ideal. Guess what? When the workshop was first introduced, many decorations were approved without any guidelines even setup. Stop comparing your decorations you submit now for the workshop to decorations that were approved without any guidelines when the workshop was first made. If I could go back and remove extremely poor decorations or decorations that clearly violate the workshop (ie decorations from other games like the Minecraft decorations), I would in a heartbeat. This is why I pushed for decoration logs so Kiri and I have some consistency as to what decorations are approved and rejected, and this has worked immensely since.
4) We provide reasons for when decorations are rejected to those who ask people who handle approval of decorations, which again, goes back to point #1, its the approval team, not moderators. You want to group all staff together who don't have the requisite tools to do something, by all means do it, but know it wont get you anywhere. This is why I told blake, and shared with him, why your decorations were rejected in the first place

Overall:
Kiri's actions are justified, especially against your decorations, read #2. Offsets need to be provided for all objects such as weapons/large vehicles/etc. You provided them for your weapons, but your weapon image size was gigantic and can be scaled down. You did not provide offsets for your background submissions If you do not want to include these changes and instead decide to take this out against one of the staff members who still actively cares about PB2, then you don't deserve to have any decorations approved.
Again, Kiri's actions are justified against some of your other decoration submissions, that are blatantly taken right off of google and not edited to fit PB2. Furthermore, they are taken straight from other games, as your SCP Clockwork Machine decor was taken straight from SCP and is literally the first image you see in google images.

Lastly, yeah, I'll find time to fix the image sizes of my guns and make sure to put some more work, but still, there needs to be some link that leads to the approval requirements thread, because I didnt even knew there are certain requirements for decoration approval, execluding the general rule that no innappropriate stuff allowed ofcourse.

There is... maybe try asking for them first before attacking the staff team with no justifiable reason, definitely when something like this isn't under the placement and duties of the staff team, but the approval team...
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24537

TelamerGz:
I know it's stupidly annoying and frustrating.

Yes, Yex, the community does feel this way about you and your antics as well

Cause now. Map approvals are literally closed down until PB2.5/3 is released. Simply because PB2 is essentially very very low in activity. Or if you want to say that the game is dead. Go ahead. I already said that. However the game isn't quite dead as we all first thought anyway. Just extreme low activity at some parts. Yes I was wrong about the game being deliciously exquisite pizza sauce dead when it was some what a lie at some way. Of course people can say it's dead anyway. So who cares. Just that map approvals are unfortunately closed and basically ruins map makers the chance to have some go for making new map for approved. Provided if we had a way to also set approved maps to be in custom mode too. Which does not affects SP, KDR. Yes the custom mode. Which is similar to ranked mode and unranked mode. But the key difference here is to have the map display in custom maps section of the PB2 multiplayer lobby where it does not AFFECT SP NOR KDR. Yes it's an idea feature which could possibly only be added in PB2.5/3. Probably impossible to have in PB2. In short. I have no idea where I am talking this into right now.

All of this is totally wrong, considering I'm the one who was working on a new approval system with Kiri, Krutz and Nyove, but have ended up being distracted by personal issues in real life. You are a total joke so stop spewing assumptions around here like you know what is actually going on.

Stryde

Postby Star Def » 11 February 2021, 15:40

Stryde wrote:A lot is wrong with this topic, so let me clarify all of the bullshit:

i wish to pin all of that as "well said"
by reading that now i knew i should use offsets and other edits for the decor lol...

oh yes on topic, l've just agreed with stryde with each word he wrote.
Flash games are cool no?
Star Def
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support