When can I use botting in MP?

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

When can I use botting in MP?

Postby Gashadokuro » 15 November 2020, 20:25

Hello, I recently found out that the botting command worked in MP and was wondering in which situations is it permissible? For example I let it run for a few minutes (supervised) on Paul base matches today, to see how it'd react.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: When can I use botting in MP?

Postby Girl_Power » 15 November 2020, 20:42

There are no rules stated that you cannot use 'bot 1' in any situation. I see no problem using it on paul matches.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mrblake213 » 16 November 2020, 03:54

There are currently no rules against the use of -bot 1 in multiplayer.
However, take note of using it on approved/ranked matches, you cannot use it to farm SP or kills.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Prox_y » 16 November 2020, 05:35

I think bot 1/0 is used for trolling as well as guests use it to annoy other players since there were cases where players hate it and will vote kick them out perhaps even for AFK-type players as they worry that they will get kicked they could use it or not though, some will even use it to make themselves look like a hacker and even saying that out loud in which they weren't really hacking but trolling simply, seems like bot 1/0 was a command as a form of easter egg? That also would include debug 1/0 as well won't it? As usually debug 1/0 and bot 1/0 was used in multiplayer way back then and now they seemed to come out of the grave?

Tested other commands and so far only -red -blue -kill and bot 1/0 works in multiplayer this also includes custom maps in single player as well but in singleplayer it only has render 1/0 bot 1/0 and kill commands only.

And currently debug 1/0 doesn't seem to give much advantage just like bot 1/0 and the only advantage it truly gives away is invisible enemies including multiplayer but since there's no invisibility in approved/ranked matches it truly gives no purpose whatsoever unlike other commands that truly can ruin gameplay if used in multiplayer.

So even if debug 1/0 did worked it won't really pose much of a treat anyway as bot 1/0 as it only will annoy other players and simply make them call you a n00b or a botting or botter type player or so on however debug 1/0 is more of an ESP-type that is essentially invisible to other players unless invisible enemies then invisible players would know that someone is using a ESP-type to find them which they may report or simply say hacker etc unless they know it's debug 1/0 but the only bug that debug 1/0 has is that when camera zoom is different than 100% then the effect of ESP becomes wrong offsetted and will only distract the player that uses it when zoom is different then 100%.

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Gashadokuro » 16 November 2020, 16:25

I see, thanks!
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support