.:BUG REPORTING:. Immortality Bug

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

.:BUG REPORTING:. Immortality Bug

Postby nightmar » 15 November 2020, 15:26

I should have reported this one a long time ago but I just did not expect it to see it in the ranked matches.

Ok let me explain a bit. Those of you that lag a lot might have noticed how sometimes chat stops working and messages in game do not appear. Well guess what! Thanks to our new and definetly improved netcode, this bug now makes you immortal! Of course you can still die of heights and triggers do not work, but other players can not harm you. I have had that bug for about 5-6 times total so far and witnessed others having it 2-3 times. Today someone got it in ranked and we had to kick him out.

Generally I do not want to kick people because of the game's faults and I am sure that goes for everyone. That being said please FIX IT!
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: .:BUG REPORTING:. Immortality Bug

Postby Girl_Power » 15 November 2020, 20:47

The netcode has been the main problem PB2 is facing for a long time now. You can't blame the people who lag a lot because they live far away from the servers or if they just have bad internet. Imagine if you just try to play a simple game and people start kicking you for something you cannot control; this is the problem laggy players have to face.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Re: .:BUG REPORTING:. Immortality Bug

Postby nightmar » 15 November 2020, 22:47

Girl_Power wrote:The netcode has been the main problem PB2 is facing for a long time now. You can't blame the people who lag a lot because they live far away from the servers or if they just have bad internet. Imagine if you just try to play a simple game and people start kicking you for something you cannot control; this is the problem laggy players have to face.

The problems with it are:

1) we can't have immortal dudes playing ranked and approved for obvious reasons
2) this bug can be fixed if you rejoin the match, however we can not expect people to do that if they are not aware of what's going on

The 2 above combined leave no option for the victum of the bug other than be kicked. Even though I agree it is unfair, it is the only option we have so far.

And yes it's true that the netcode is pretty much responsible for all the new bugs we have encountered and before it we did not have such major problems with bugs (except for glitching and flying back in the old days).
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support