.:Question:. What Is Gun Power?

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

.:Question:. What Is Gun Power?

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 30 October 2020, 19:27

I notice that each gun has stat for power. What does this represent?
If you look at the stats for a gun on the wiki, you'll see that base damage and power are listed separately. Also, on the wiki page there is no statistic for a gun's target knockback. However, in the Level Editor, we have a trigger action for modifying a gun's target knockback, but no trigger action for modding a gun's damage.
So this has me confused on what a gun's power is supposed to affect. For now I am assuming that it influences the damage a gun deals, although I think it might be possible that power is a combination of the gun's base damage and target knockback.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: .:Question:. What Is Gun Power?

Postby Yex » 31 October 2020, 07:24

Gun power is pretty much damage on it's own just displayed differently. And yes more damage = more recoil which means we gotta have to use recoil multiplier to reduce it if it gets a little out of hand, similar can go for target knockback multiplier as the more firepower the weapon has the more damage it'll deal and the more it'll have recoil and target knockback hence we have those trigger actions that can be used against the gun power trigger action.

Example

If we used this trigger action, Set gun 'A' power to value 'B' if we set it to somewhere 10 or more it become quite unstable due to high power due to recoil and target knockback due to this we needed those multipliers to reduce the problem of the gun being unstable with this in mind we can have a high damaging weapon thanks to power and is not unstable as we used the multipliers to reduce recoil and target knockback

Maybe Eric will change this in PB2.5/3 engine since PB2 engine uses gun power as a form of damage and such, maybe Eric could add a damage multiplier trigger action to guns in PB2 but i don't know for now we only have gun firepower as a damage modifier just that it isn't a multiplier that's all
Now I really want to die. Just to get out of this embarrassment.
Don't talk to me.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Nyove » 31 October 2020, 08:30

Hey Phant0mB0nnie and Yex,

Good point made by Yex. The idea behind gun power is that it indicates the 'strength' of the projectiles.

Every gun has a default gun power value. An Assault Rifle C-01r has a gun power of about ~0.49 while a CS-BNG has a gun power of 2.8. (explains why a single bullet from CS-BNG hits harder than a single bullet from Assault Rifle C-01r)

You may refer to https://plazmabursttwo.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons for each weapon's default gun power value.

Alternatively, you may want to test the projectile power yourself by using trigger action:
Set variable 'A' value to of projectile power (this trigger should receive damage from Movable)

So, in a situation where you want to multiply the CS-BNG's damage dealt (excluding knockback damage) by 2, you should set CS-BNG's gun power to 5.6 (2.8 * 2).

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby Yex » 31 October 2020, 22:23

Oh and apparently you can also use math to lower down recoil and target knockback using multiplier.

Since CS-BNG is now 5.6 as explained by Nyove, this means that the weapon will have double recoil and double target knockback, so if you want to keep the recoil and target knockback to their previous values before they were overwritten by 5.6 power, then we may have to do this 1 divide 2 which would give us 0.5 which we can use to keep the recoil and target knockback to default as if the CS-BNG had 2.8 instead of 5.6 but would deal more damage because the gun's power is actually set to 5.6 which is 2.8 x 2 but with recoil and target knockback reduced to 2 as to keep the gun's original recoil and target knockback before it's damage was increased which would obviously make the recoil more stronger as well as target knockback if we didn't lower it, this is useful in case if you don't want to have the weapons become more recoil and give more knockback due to increased damage.
Now I really want to die. Just to get out of this embarrassment.
Don't talk to me.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support