Is there a way to seperately customize guns?

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

Is there a way to seperately customize guns?

Postby muted » 20 August 2020, 21:30

For example I want to give a BFG the bullet lifetime of 150 and projectile speed of 0 but I want to make the plazmabloom have a normal lifetime and 20 speed.

I see the triggers for bullet lifetime and plasma speed but it would affect both the BFG and plasmabloom so I don't know how to customize guns seperately.

If there's a guide on this then I apologize.

muted
Recruit

Re: Is there a way to seperately customize guns?

Postby jeje52 » 21 August 2020, 13:56

Set a trigger to call every time the gun is fired. The trigger will change the bullet lifetime and speed and activate a timer, which is infinite and has 0 delay (activates next frame). The trigger called by the timer will disable the timer and set all bullet properties to normal.

This should work most of the time but in multiplayer it'll sometimes mess up when the guns are fired at the same time. As far as I know there's no way to get around it. Changing bullet speed doesn't seem to work for the guns you want to change, so you can use the the trigger action "Set plasma projetiles' speed multiplier to value 'A'"
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby nightmar » 21 August 2020, 16:56

jeje52 wrote:Set a trigger to call every time the gun is fired. The trigger will change the bullet lifetime and speed and activate a timer, which is infinite and has 0 delay (activates next frame). The trigger called by the timer will disable the timer and set all bullet properties to normal.

This should work most of the time but in multiplayer it'll sometimes mess up when the guns are fired at the same time. As far as I know there's no way to get around it. Changing bullet speed doesn't seem to work for the guns you want to change, so you can use the the trigger action "Set plasma projetiles' speed multiplier to value 'A'"

So far this is the best way to do whatt you want. However I would prefer if there were such trigger actions focusing on specific guns only. the current mechanisms can easily cause problems.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby muted » 23 August 2020, 21:40

Darn that sucks but thank you for the replies, eric will hopefully make such a trigger option soon.

muted
Recruit

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support