Muted for saying that I am gani???

Muted for saying that I am gani???

Postby nightmar » 18 June 2020, 21:20

So I met that guy in a match and he told me that if I say the phrase "I'm gani" I will get muted. Of course I did not believe him because the name of a player can not be a curse or a bad word. Surprisingly I got a warning for saying it (which I found hilarious). Now I have never been muted before so idk that it would count even if I put it in a sentence (I thought it worked like the -kill command) so when I tried to warn others not to say it I got muted for 2 days for "use of excessive words" or something like that.

My question is: Why on earth is this a thing we get muted for saying?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Muted for saying that I am gani???

Postby darkstar 1 » 19 June 2020, 08:46

Gani told a lot of people to say that and made maps with features only avaible to people who said-or had "I'm gani" in their nickname, possibly to confuse us on who was actually gani's alt and who not

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby daft punk 777 » 22 June 2020, 08:43

only knowing the truth about gani's all story, you understand what this mute is really stupid...
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby Girl_Power » 24 June 2020, 10:03

I find it very unfair for people to get muted just for saying a name. The name is not offensive in any way and this feature limits us to free speech. It's sort of like saying "John Cena" on the site chat and then getting 4 karma points taken away from saying it (I'm not joking, the name "John Cena" is considered spam by the server). Also, if someone accidentally types a typo, they get muted for no reason. I really hope this feature will be removed.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mrblake213 » 24 June 2020, 18:34

Girl_Power wrote:I find it very unfair for people to get muted just for saying a name. The name is not offensive in any way and this feature limits us to free speech. It's sort of like saying "John Cena" on the site chat and then getting 4 karma points taken away from saying it (I'm not joking, the name "John Cena" is considered spam by the server). Also, if someone accidentally types a typo, they get muted for no reason. I really hope this feature will be removed.

welcome to site chat
that's why discord is 1000% better
join discord 2day
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby ECC9 » 24 June 2020, 19:11

dont join pb2 community discord it sucks like some people in there ; )))
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive