Map Preview problem

Map Preview problem

Postby Thermidor » 16 June 2020, 21:20

i can't seem to be able to do Map Previews anymore, i'm pressing F1 to F4 and nothing is happening.
Thermidor

Re: Map Preview problem

Postby Girl_Power » 16 June 2020, 22:26

What type of computer do you have?
For me, I have to do a keyboard combination "fn + ESC" in order to enable the f-keys.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Civil-Lite » 17 June 2020, 07:57

Thermidor wrote:i can't seem to be able to do Map Previews anymore, i'm pressing F1 to F4 and nothing is happening.

As a matter of fact, many people have claimed to had this issue with previews before. This mainly occurs when there is an unapproved decoration image inside the map (decor image will show up as an error/red box for others) which therefore it prevents map owners from setting their map’s preview when pressing keys F1-4. To resolve this issue, the decoration needs to be approved first before it can be used inside any map just like the rest of them; you can even ask staff for its approval, in order for map previewing to enable itself again. Otherwise simply remove that decoration and use another instead.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby nightmar » 17 June 2020, 16:25

To make a preview I think you must press it while playing in the actual map and not the tester mode. I do not know what you did but I was wondering the same when trying to do it while in tester mode.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 17 June 2020, 18:03

Civil-Lite wrote:
Thermidor wrote:i can't seem to be able to do Map Previews anymore, i'm pressing F1 to F4 and nothing is happening.

As a matter of fact, many people have claimed to had this issue with previews before. This mainly occurs when there is an unapproved decoration image inside the map (decor image will show up as an error/red box for others) which therefore it prevents map owners from setting their map’s preview when pressing keys F1-4. To resolve this issue, the decoration needs to be approved first before it can be used inside any map just like the rest of them; you can even ask staff for its approval, in order for map previewing to enable itself again. Otherwise simply remove that decoration and use another instead.

I dunno. This might not be the reason for all the cases. Think it might occur also if the map gets too cluttered during gameplay. Because with some maps, I've been able to create a preview early in the level when I play it, but later in the same level I'm unable to do so... So if you're having this problem, try creating previews as early on as possible.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive