Confusing

Confusing

Postby BlvxkByrd » 30 May 2020, 12:33

Yeah so I've set about reworking a very old map I've carried from account to account. Lately I've decided that I think after some improvements, it could become a really nice approved map. Talking to others I've come to find that alot has changed since whenever it was I was truly active in the community, maybe 2016 or so.

First thing that caught me off guard was that map approval requests will be denied if they have floating walls. What in the f~~~? Is this true and if so how so? There are a metric ton of approved maps out there with floating walls.

Second, I went to go see all of the officially listed qualifications for myself and it's unclear. One of the links you've posted isn't even useful anymore as the webpage either doesn't exist or you copied and pasted wrong somehow.

There's also other links that don't even make sense, like one of them was an article Max Teabag wrote on the BoZ website that Shroom blatantly ripped from that website. Please, further explanation will be appreciated. Thank you.
I have toppled clans. I have slain leaders. I have exiled legends.
BlvxkByrd
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Confusing

Postby the red death » 30 May 2020, 12:58

So first off,this is the link to the manual-listed approval requirements : https://www.plazmaburst2.com/level_editor_manual/requirements%20for%20map%20approval.html

Also don't worry, floating walls are actually allowed,but they must be connected with a background to the rest of the map,this is also listed in the requirement list.

From the requirement list : ,,-Walls should not float in mid-air (must be connected with rest of the world with help of background objects)."
the red death
Recruit

Postby mrblake213 » 30 May 2020, 14:07

The map approval requirements is more like a guide rather than an actual rule-book.
As long as it's unique and features a good gameplay, the map could be approved.

Another suggestion I could give you is by looking at recently approved maps, perhaps you can get an inspiration there.
Check the list of approved maps here: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac ... &id=663495
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby BlvxkByrd » 30 May 2020, 15:38

the red death wrote:So first off,this is the link to the manual-listed approval requirements : https://www.plazmaburst2.com/level_editor_manual/requirements%20for%20map%20approval.html

Also don't worry, floating walls are actually allowed,but they must be connected with a background to the rest of the map,this is also listed in the requirement list.

From the requirement list : ,,-Walls should not float in mid-air (must be connected with rest of the world with help of background objects)."

Alright, thank you and to Blake as well.
I have toppled clans. I have slain leaders. I have exiled legends.
BlvxkByrd
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive