Help with a map

Help with a map

Postby landfall » 19 February 2020, 23:28

Map ID: landfall-prison

I am trying to make a prison map. I want to make some things that I do not understand:

1. I want to have a security panel. Only a CERTAIN player can access this panel, and it will use the lock camera trigger to lock a camera on a certain area. What I don't understand is how to use the lock camera trigger action to let only a certain player's camera lock on an area.

2. My map has a base room. The prisoners need to get to the base room to override the online security system (not accurate at all in real life). How do I make it so that only a certain player in the whole game can start spawning AI? For example, only a certain player can activate or deactivate the AI. The player can only activate the AI after the prisoners override the online system. The AI will automatically respawn until deactivated. On death, they will be revived and teleported into an area, along with their gun. In 10 seconds, they will be able to respawn back to where they started. How can I do this?

3. How do I make an automatic teleport? I know how to make teleports themselves, but how do I stop spamming?

4. How do I make it so that if there are players in a cell, say four red and three blue, I can press a button, and the red will all be teleported to chambers but not the blue? And how do I make it so that the teleported players will end up in different chambers, and will not be in the same ones?

landfall

Re: Help with a map

Postby darkstar 1 » 20 February 2020, 11:09

1:
Use the Var > Set value of variable 'A' to slot of current player and Var > Set value of variable 'A' to player-initiator slot trigger actions.
Use Var > continue trigger actions execution only if value of variable 'A' equals value 'B' and continue if the initiator slot equals the slot of the player you want to be able to use the button and use Var > continue trigger actions execution only if variable 'A' equals variable 'B' and then continue only if the player initiator's slot equals the current player's slot in order for the next trigger actions to be applied to that player only and then lock the camera.

2:
Use a timer with whatever spawn delay you want, have it disabled on start and let it activate the cloning trigger.
Then use Var > Set value of variable 'A' to player-initiator slot, Var > continue trigger actions execution only if value of variable 'A' equals value 'B', continue if the initiator slot equals the slot of the player you want to be able to use the button and then activate the timer of the cloning trigger.
Do the same with another button but then deactivate the cloning timer.
In your case you want the two triggers to be disabled at start as well and activate them when the prisoners override the system.

3:
Disable the trigger for a moment, let it activate a timer with some delay and then make that execute a trigger that activates the first one again and disables the timer that executed it.

4:
In the case of COOP gameplay you could just move each player of the red team to a different region with the Character > move character 'A' to the region 'B' (if character alive) trigger action

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Re: Help with a map

Postby landfall » 21 February 2020, 00:15

darkstar 1 wrote:1:
4:
In the case of COOP gameplay you could just move each player of the red team to a different region with the Character > move character 'A' to the region 'B' (if character alive) trigger action

Thanks, how do you make it so that only certain players, if in certain regions, can be teleported? Say you press two buttons to teleport two players, and player 1 is in a teleporting region but player 2 is outside the base. Player 1 will be teleported but player 2 will remain outside the base, and a private message will be sent to the player-initiator of teleportation that player 2 cannot be teleported. This is my final question, thanks.

landfall

Return to Bug Reporting Archive