decors on guns

decors on guns

Postby yizhe » 20 October 2019, 03:22

Hi guys, got a quick qn. how do i use the trigger 'move,rotate and flip decor A to position of Gun b' ? i have tried using it but it doesn't give me the result i want.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: decors on guns

Postby Incompetence » 20 October 2019, 03:36

using the trigger like it says will attach the decor to the gun as intended. if it looks off and weird, you likely have to offset the decor itself with x and y values

what happens when you use it?
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby yizhe » 20 October 2019, 09:19

the decor gun is below my character's hands. i wanted it to look like my character is holding the decor gun like a normal gun. i was wondering how it could be done...
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 20 October 2019, 09:20

yizhe wrote:the decor gun is below my character's hands. i wanted it to look like my character is holding the decor gun like a normal gun. i was wondering how it could be done...

Do the offset.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby yizhe » 20 October 2019, 09:52

Jason Eden wrote:
yizhe wrote:the decor gun is below my character's hands. i wanted it to look like my character is holding the decor gun like a normal gun. i was wondering how it could be done...

Do the offset.

hmmm...wdym...perhaps you can give a tutorial on that?
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 20 October 2019, 09:56

yizhe wrote:
Jason Eden wrote:

Do the offset.

hmmm...wdym...perhaps you can give a tutorial on that?

Okay, let me make a map real quick. GIve me 5 minutes.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Jason Eden » 20 October 2019, 10:12

Not exactly 5 minutes, but okay, it's done. You need map (jason eden-os2). Go to the very right end of it and there is a custom gun. The map is open sourced.

Pay special attention to what I did here. It's the "offset" (and also "draw in front" thing). The bigger decoration is the bigger offset you will have to do. Sometimes if the decoration is small you can make [+1/-1] or [+2/-2] offset, but when decoration is huge you may have to use such numbers:
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby yizhe » 20 October 2019, 11:09

WOW! That is superb! thanks for the coaching!
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 20 October 2019, 11:16

yizhe wrote:WOW! That is superb! thanks for the coaching!

You're welcome. Let me know if you need something else.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby yizhe » 20 October 2019, 11:56

i just found out that if my character, holding the gun, faces right, the gun looks just fine. problem occurs when my character faces to the left, thats when my gun appears upside down. i don't see any trigger function to rectify this issue tho... plus i have a problem with the trigger "power per projectile". Not sure how it works as i have been changing the power by changing my variable but in game, the power doesnt change or gets reduced somehow...
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 20 October 2019, 12:48

yizhe wrote:i just found out that if my character, holding the gun, faces right, the gun looks just fine. problem occurs when my character faces to the left, thats when my gun appears upside down. i don't see any trigger function to rectify this issue tho... plus i have a problem with the trigger "power per projectile". Not sure how it works as i have been changing the power by changing my variable but in game, the power doesnt change or gets reduced somehow...

The first issue was recently fixed by Eric. You need to make sure that you change the size of your decoration before you initiate a trigger action that makes the decoration follow the gun non-stop.

Second issue... I don't think I got what you mean. "Power per projectile" changes the power of single shot. Take a look at Sniper Rifle CS-YippeeKiYay for example. Its "power per projectile" equals "5". On this wiki page it says "5.0" though: https://plazmaburst.miraheze.org/wiki/S ... ippeeKiYay

So if you for example change its projectile power to "0.1" it will become super weak and if you change it to "20" it will become super OP.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby yizhe » 20 October 2019, 15:29

i have fixed both issues with your great help! perhaps u may find this slightly more challenging. a sword decor. any ideas how to make it swing on the character hands? i cant seem to attach the "push" with slicing damage to the sword decor too.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 20 October 2019, 16:46

yizhe wrote:i have fixed both issues with your great help! perhaps u may find this slightly more challenging. a sword decor. any ideas how to make it swing on the character hands? i cant seem to attach the "push" with slicing damage to the sword decor too.

Perhaps doing the "arm offset" thing on each shot may work. Check latest triggers actions that were added. There is a thing which allows you to change the position of your arms while holding a weapon. Maybe if you make it so on each invisible gun's shot the trigger which does the arm offset is getting activated moving arm back and forth, it would make something you want. I'm not sure if it will work. It requires testing and I did not test it out yet.

Second thing requires testing too. Perhaps changing gun projectile type to grenades, then replacing grenade projectile model with an "invisible bullet" model may do the thing.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Jason Eden » 21 October 2019, 19:06

No, I checked. I couldn't create a sword swing trigger system with arm offset. I also noticed that it is impossible to rotate a decoration to save its current degree before you initiate infinite decoration follow trigger action.

The only thing I was capable of creating is a really cheap and bad chainsaw gun. You might find it in the same place where custom rifle is in (jason eden-os2).

I actually asked if someone could create a good melee weapon in PB2, but nobody was interested in doing that. Perhaps if you ask someone who is more experienced than I am at triggers he may help you out with this. Because I can't help you. These people are good at triggers. They might help you: Ditzy, Darkstar 1, Mrnat444, Fan Fan1.

-EDIT- Also added a custom item to that map.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby yizhe » 22 October 2019, 02:00

Thank you for the references! Maybe in the future eric could make new trigger systems ;)
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 22 October 2019, 19:58

Oh, well. I was wrong. You can make a sword swing effect if you do an arm offset. Just need to use negative numbers.

I added a sword to (jason eden-os2), but just like the chainsaw gun it uses "melee explosion" trigger system to imitate melee attack, so it doesn't look very realistic. The swing effect doesn't look good either.

We need Eric to add an invisible melee weapon or something.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive