Stuck on Match browser

Stuck on Match browser

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 13 October 2019, 15:17

Spoiler: Show More
https://ibb.co/YT9D9D8

Well...i can't use my map maciekgmail2013-mw in mulitplayer...
Instead it stuck on Match lobby.
This haven't been hapening in old multiplayer lobby...
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Re: Stuck on Match browser

Postby Bio-1 » 13 October 2019, 17:45

Thats a known bug,it happen when your server name already exist in current match list,try to write any other server name,if dont work check your map,maybe there erros make map impossible to MP
ERROR!
File MeowVirus.exe is avaible only for CATS! :3
Bio-1
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby jeje52 » 13 October 2019, 18:17

This happens to me too, I finally finished the map that I've been making for a while, and I can't play it in multiplayer. I'm sure that the matches I made didn't have the same name as any other match. When I make the match it gets stuck in the lobby and when I leave it the whole multiplayer is broken until I refresh the page.
jeje52

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 13 October 2019, 18:45

Bio-1 wrote:Thats a known bug,it happen when your server name already exist in current match list,try to write any other server name,if dont work check your map,maybe there erros make map impossible to MP

Yes i tried using other names and even random numbers to test if it will work but no...
And No i don't think there are problems with the map if it can run is SP mode...And it's not the only map that doesn't work...my other maps that worked perfectly in old lobby stopped working now...
I already forgiven for breaking invisibility in old maps because i can see improvements in the Multiplayer but if that does mean my maps won't load them i don't need that change.

Sorry for the rudeness but nearly half of my good maps are broken because of this "new multiplayer"
and i'm soo angry that i just used this forum only to find answer to this goddamn problem.

in case you don't know what caliber is of these "good maps" i'm talking about check maciekgmail2013-mechv3
It's still work in progress but you won't regret it...

In any case thanks for support.
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 13 October 2019, 18:59

jeje52 wrote:This happens to me too, I finally finished the map that I've been making for a while, and I can't play it in multiplayer. I'm sure that the matches I made didn't have the same name as any other match. When I make the match it gets stuck in the lobby and when I leave it the whole multiplayer is broken until I refresh the page.

I know the feel bro...
Well them good luck with the map and let's just hope the problem will be solved quickly.
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby Bio-1 » 13 October 2019, 19:18

your mechv3 working now.

That was happen to me too by reasons i said to you.
I say another variants why it happen:
In multiplayer was exist server name or servers with this map so big count (3-4),that make database works harder
Author edits map,that make impossible to create server in editing time.
Check your internet signal.
If that not helped you,leave this map alone for some time then re-create server.
ERROR!
Bio-1

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 13 October 2019, 19:42

Bio-1 wrote:your mechv3 working now.

That was happen to me too by reasons i said to you.
I say another variants why it happen:
In multiplayer was exist server name or servers with this map so big count (3-4),that make database works harder
Author edits map,that make impossible to create server in editing time.
Check your internet signal.
If that not helped you,leave this map alone for some time then re-create server.

Checked but it didn't helped...
For now let's just hope everything is going to be fixed.
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 14 October 2019, 14:50

The problem still exist...
There was a vote pool about Plazma Burst 2 development with a question:
"Do you think we should bring back the old netcode for multiplayer"
My answer is YES obviously...Its sad i couldn't also write why.
And also really sad that after 7 years of great updates that brings great modding options one of them breaks it all at least for me...
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 15 October 2019, 12:49

So i tried an old multiplayer mode...but still didn't fixed the problem!
Eh...i would appreciate if some staff member replied here so at least i would know they are aware of this problem...
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby Darnit525 » 15 October 2019, 12:53

while i haven't been affected by the new netcode to the same extent as you, i still agree the original should go back, i see only negatives when comparing the new netcode to the original.
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Bio-1 » 15 October 2019, 15:31

Guys,sorry what i say but: i dont care if your new multiplayer dont work,79 online players what the f*** can play it!If you have problem contact eric.
ERROR!
Bio-1

Postby LCRS » 15 October 2019, 17:58

That issue can occur within either netcodes. Since Eric Gurt updated the dedicated server, maps which has a large amount of logical source will not get hosted in the server due to a network packet-loss. Nevertheless, the transition of the server has made the problem worse. Before, two of my maps were unaffected since I stopped updating it, but after that server change, those maps will not work in multiplayer mode. There is a limitation when it comes to creating a complex source for multiplayer. I regularly thought if a file size of a map is over 560 KB in XML format, the consequence follows.

Here is a quote from Eric Gurt responding to this issue a while ago.

"Map with more objects can take more time to load. Loading duration should depend on internet speed. In some cases, network packet loss on wi-fi connections can stop big maps from loading for specific users."

Even though, if a map source has zero graphical additions, triggers itself can cause that problem.
LCRS
Recruit

Re:

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 15 October 2019, 18:17

LCRS wrote:That issue can occur within either netcodes. Since Eric Gurt updated the dedicated server, maps which has a large amount of logical source will not get hosted in the server due to a network packet-loss. Nevertheless, the transition of the server has made the problem worse. Before, two of my maps were unaffected since I stopped updating it, but after that server change, those maps will not work in multiplayer mode. There is a limitation when it comes to creating a complex source for multiplayer. I regularly thought if a file size of a map is over 560 KB in XML format, the consequence follows.

Here is a quote from Eric Gurt responding to this issue a while ago.

"Map with more objects can take more time to load. Loading duration should depend on internet speed. In some cases, network packet loss on wi-fi connections can stop big maps from loading for specific users."

Even though, if a map source has zero graphical additions, triggers itself can cause that problem.

Finally a good answer!
however i'm not using wifi or have a slow internet connection
...as well as some of my old maps that haven't been changed after the update are broken as well
Now since we know what's exactly going on we just hope that they will fix that quickly...
Last edited by maciekgmail2013 on 15 October 2019, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 15 October 2019, 18:29

Bio-1 wrote:Guys,sorry what i say but: i dont care if your new multiplayer dont work,79 online players what the f*** can play it!If you have problem contact eric.

And?
I was playing this game since 2011 and in 2013 i have made this account.
I love this game as much as i'm disappointed with this new update and i didn't need anything new in the game.
And...i'm actually waiting for him here so he can respond to me and at least write that "he's working on that problem" or something...I don't need to spam my problem everywhere because that won't do anything

On the side note i don't think he will respond to me anyway on his twitter as he barely replies to anyone here unless he post something about PB2.5

Well...i don't really need this game to be fixed quickly i just want a verification that people are working on this problem.
For now i didn't get anything like that for 2 days.
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 15 October 2019, 18:44

Darnit525 wrote:while i haven't been affected by the new netcode to the same extent as you, i still agree the original should go back, i see only negatives when comparing the new netcode to the original.

Well the problem is with the server as old multiplayer doesn't load maps as well
about the changes in new netcode...I can see some improvments like smaller ping or that guns actually shoots bullets instead of them to wait 2 sec to shoot at anything...

however i could see player enemies get revived after killing shot or random disconnection from match...
so yeah...it's good and bad.
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby maciekgmail2013 » 14 December 2019, 23:43

Ok the problem has been solved for now!
This thread can be closed.
maciekgmail2013
Recruit

Postby ECC9 » 15 December 2019, 20:56

You can close the thread by yourself at Quick tools options which is located somewhere there: https://prnt.sc/qb7r4t
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive