Players killed by another Player gets Kicked (Eric?)

Players killed by another Player gets Kicked (Eric?)

Postby Fan Fan1 » 8 October 2019, 02:50

I'm tired. This map was made several years ago before synchronisation triggers were a thing, and I've slowly built it up to function perfectly (approximately) using synchronisation triggers. HOWEVER! There is a glitch that occurs with this map. If you die by another player, there is a chance you will be permanently kicked, similar to max teabag-mmo_arena. I am not sure what is going on, and I don't think even max teabag has found the solution to this. I've also checked to make sure that casual mode is set to off.

Here is the link to my map page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=804112

If anyone knows what is going on please tell me. Eric if you are reading this, do you happen to know why? Is there also any solution to fixing this problem?
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Players killed by another Player gets Kicked (Eric?)

Postby ditzy » 8 October 2019, 03:02

It seems that the player only gets kicked if the respawn system is enabled. Have you looked into the respawn system for anything that could cause this problem?

P.S I would really like to see this map finished. I may or may not have a thing for CTF maps haha. Would you like to talk about this over Discord? It's much easier to communicate there than here on the forums.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Eric Gurt » 8 October 2019, 19:11

Match bans like this can be a sign that at some period of time few players saw another one having more hitpoints than his maximum number of hitpoints. Can happen due to trigger actions that change current or max hitpoints for player, but for some reason aren't doing it on other players' screens (or do but with slight delay).
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Fan Fan1 » 9 October 2019, 04:09

Thank you Ditzy, for helping me pinpoint where the glitch was occuring and finding different solutions via Discord. Thank you Eric Gurt for explaining the cause of the glitch.

Everything now makes sense. The glitch first started when I gave respawning players extra temporary health (Current HP > Max HP). I've also noticed a trigger on death desync that occurs when you revive a player immediately after death, causing other clients to not execute this trigger on death because it wasn't able to read the death quick enough (You can read more about it here: viewtopic.php?f=182&t=23233). So it seems that due to this trigger on death desync, only the revived player's client will read extra temporary health, while the other client's only see the max health and no extra temporary health. This desync is what caused the kick glitch.

If I find anymore information regarding this kick glitch, I'll continue to post it in this thread.
Fan Fan1
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive