A Logical SP System

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

A Logical SP System

Postby BlvxkByrd » 9 November 2020, 01:22

We all know the SP system doesn't function properly. That's why it's been reworked several times. Well, I have an idea that might actual make it work.

Classing:

You know how wrestling and stuff has weight classes, right? How about that but for Plazma Burst 2. There is no reason why two people with 3.50+ SP need to be in a match full of people with 2.50 or less. They are distracting and can obviously and very easily affect the outcome of a person's match. For instance, imagine there's only one person you can influence the SP of in a match. You try to keep killing him but that's a bit difficult as you're currently being distracted by a hoard of "randoms" that keep charging you and next you thing you know, he kills you because you were busy dispatching players of a lesser status.

SP: 0.00 - 1.50 = Class 1
SP: 1.50 - 2.50 = Class 2
SP: 2.50 - 3.50 = Class 3
SP: 3.50 - 4.50+ = Class 4

Obviously getting higher will rank you up, this way players who aren't very good at the game but still want to compete aren't forced to compete with the likes of a someone with a 4.00 KD and has SP for years and those guys aren't forced to play in matches where it's them vs 7 other players and they can only take/give to 1 or 2 players in the match.

Lag Compensation: Lag is a serious problem that has plagued this game since day 1. A prime example is Pixelbyte, who is literally legendary and known for not really having all too much skill yet can amass 5.00 SP in a night because of his godly lag. I have found myself in countless situations where I've needed to shoot someone several times because every time I've shot them their lag has saved them. I literally even recorded a match where lag gave this guy full god mode for about 5 minutes, I handed it over to an administrator. You could not kill him because everytime you shot him, cut him, blew him up, etc. his lag would reverse it and he'd be just fine leaving you slaughtered.

One common response you'll get that I even got from Eric Gurt himself is "Just make a match with a set ping limit". You see, that doesn't work when there's only like 10-150 people on this game at any time and 85% of them have pings over 200. I have made games with set ping limits, they don't work because nobody can join them. How about you introduce some sort of system that, when player A kills player B, it checks to see if there was any lag interference (Like having to shoot someone 3-4 times) and if so it rewards the player that was not the cause. Just an idea.

Hopefully you at least take these ideas into consideration although I doubt you will, nobody really seems to care let alone do their jobs around here. #LordEnsydeouzBlvxkByrdTheEnfymouzForPB2Staff2020
I have toppled clans. I have slain leaders. I have exiled legends.
BlvxkByrd
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: A Logical SP System

Postby Girl_Power » 10 November 2020, 16:13

I find the SP system to be quite fair right now. What we NEED is a fix to the netcode and a solution for laggy players. I completely understand when you said no one will join if you make the match with low ping settings because the majority of PB2 players have a high ping, therefore the match automatically kicks them out. It's a mixed situation between gaining SP from laggy players and losing SP because they are laggy.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby DestroyerV2 » 11 November 2020, 06:29

i agree with the class system part but the lag compensation thing makes no sense because low ping american players with 30 fps tanks any form of damage you throw at them and not just those with 200 ping

DestroyerV2
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Pixelbyte » 11 November 2020, 06:46

BlvxkByrd wrote:Lag Compensation: Lag is a serious problem that has plagued this game since day 1. A prime example is Pixelbyte, who is literally legendary and known for not really having all too much skill yet can amass 5.00 SP in a night because of his godly lag. I have found myself in countless situations where I've needed to shoot someone several times because every time I've shot them their lag has saved them. I literally even recorded a match where lag gave this guy full god mode for about 5 minutes, I handed it over to an administrator. You could not kill him because everytime you shot him, cut him, blew him up, etc. his lag would reverse it and he'd be just fine leaving you slaughtered.

sorry i must've gotten to turn off my "hacks that only affect blackbird" btw i'm a girl :c

but can i see this video? i always wanted to see what fighting me was like to other players

as for the SP system; i dont know how to fix it. i dont think there is a system that works for everyone, and its more a game of patience and persistence.

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DestroyerV2 » 11 November 2020, 06:55

and addiction...... but i guess you cant do much about tanking since everyone does it, but i think pixelbyte isnt a good example and there are more people out there that are better examples

DestroyerV2
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby nightmar » 11 November 2020, 09:30

DestroyerV2 wrote:and addiction...... but i guess you cant do much about tanking since everyone does it, but i think pixelbyte isnt a good example and there are more people out there that are better examples

There are no specific people who tank everyone. In most cases some people will tank others and will be tanked by others. But everyone can be easily killed by someone alse (if you made sense from what I just said cograts).
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby DestroyerV2 » 11 November 2020, 10:52

No thats wrong nightmare, there is this guy i think he was called blackwolf227 that has high ping and tanks literally every single shot you throw at him and takes 50 shots before he dies

DestroyerV2
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Gashadokuro » 11 November 2020, 10:54

The SP system doesn't matter much currently, given the lack of activity.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby DestroyerV2 » 11 November 2020, 12:48

it does matter, and one more thing its not that there is a lack of activity, there are actually people, but its just that bad newgen new players cant kill anyone in the match

DestroyerV2
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby yizhe » 12 November 2020, 10:49

I do concur that sp does not really matter much, especially when this map has some MP flaws where some players teleport on screen, while others becomes tanks or having the power of resurrection that occur way too often.

Also, thats not to say there is no activity, but really there is a lack of activity in multiplayer, much less in rank. Looking at the top 100 players, thats like 50% of the current pb2 population. Im surprised a noob like me can even make it to ranked at 30+ without trying. It just shows the lack of activity in ranked matches.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby DestroyerV2 » 12 November 2020, 11:29

now if sp does not matter that much to some people.... you wouldnt just camp in ranked stryde sniper just to get sp. on the other hand ranked is all about tactics and if unskillful players decide to camp in stryde sniper i wouldnt be surprised if they could reach top 20

DestroyerV2
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby nightmar » 12 November 2020, 22:25

DestroyerV2 wrote:now if sp does not matter that much to some people.... you wouldnt just camp in ranked stryde sniper just to get sp. on the other hand ranked is all about tactics and if unskillful players decide to camp in stryde sniper i wouldnt be surprised if they could reach top 20

Oh please I doubt if there are even 100 people playing ranked at all. So, putting aside the fact that the multiplayer is as broken as it could ever be, with having less than 100 people overall in the ranked sp has no value. What's the point in being the best out of the 50- players that actually play ranked (especially with all the MP's flaws).
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby BlvxkByrd » 14 November 2020, 09:49

Pixelbyte wrote:
BlvxkByrd wrote:Lag Compensation: Lag is a serious problem that has plagued this game since day 1. A prime example is Pixelbyte, who is literally legendary and known for not really having all too much skill yet can amass 5.00 SP in a night because of his godly lag. I have found myself in countless situations where I've needed to shoot someone several times because every time I've shot them their lag has saved them. I literally even recorded a match where lag gave this guy full god mode for about 5 minutes, I handed it over to an administrator. You could not kill him because everytime you shot him, cut him, blew him up, etc. his lag would reverse it and he'd be just fine leaving you slaughtered.

sorry i must've gotten to turn off my "hacks that only affect blackbird" btw i'm a girl :c

but can i see this video? i always wanted to see what fighting me was like to other players

as for the SP system; i dont know how to fix it. i dont think there is a system that works for everyone, and its more a game of patience and persistence.

The video I was talking about isn't about you, it's someone else. But here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngaBcMJ95pk
BlvxkByrd
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby BlvxkByrd » 14 November 2020, 09:50

yizhe wrote:I do concur that sp does not really matter much, especially when this map has some MP flaws where some players teleport on screen, while others becomes tanks or having the power of resurrection that occur way too often.

Also, thats not to say there is no activity, but really there is a lack of activity in multiplayer, much less in rank. Looking at the top 100 players, thats like 50% of the current pb2 population. Im surprised a noob like me can even make it to ranked at 30+ without trying. It just shows the lack of activity in ranked matches.

All of you saying this doesn't matter because there is no activity is not seeing the bigger picture. This system can carry over to PB2.5/3. It does matter, more so now than ever actually. It's also better to implement it now so you're not just dropping a new function on a ton of players at once, it can be chaotic and confusing. If there were ever a time to do this, it would be now.
BlvxkByrd
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby yizhe » 14 November 2020, 11:21

BlvxkByrd wrote:
All of you saying this doesn't matter because there is no activity is not seeing the bigger picture.

You have misinterpreted my words.

It is a fact that theres lack of activity in ranked MP, however that is not the major factor as to why the SP is deemed worthless by me.

Yizhe wrote:I do concur that sp does not really matter much, especially when this map has some MP flaws where some players teleport on screen, while others becomes tanks or having the power of resurrection that occur way too often.

The main reason why SP is worthless is because of the major flaw in MP itself. When players are unable to secure kills in rank due to game faults, the credibility of SP is questioned.

Then we go about setting ping limits.

That does not solve anything. Like what destroyerV2 has mentioned, low ping players would also be able to "tank" damages. Does it seem balance for players to play in rank? Not to me that's for sure.

I concur that this SP can be brought forward to PB2.5/3, and yes, now it is a good time to start SP to evaluate the effectiveness of having SP in the game. No doubt about it. However, that lack of credibility to gauge a player's skills from SP itself makes SP a numeric display with poor indication.

Psst, eric, fix pb2 pls, or at least negate the above mention flaws in pb2.5? O.o
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Other Ideas