Why do you play video games? (be honest)

Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst!

Re: Why do you play video games? (be honest)

Postby ZapruderFilm » 29 December 2020, 18:21

The short answer is that I don't.
I recently played about 24 hours of runescape over 3 weeks of free time (yeah sorry I got distracted from bot sorry) and after that long I'm completely burned out.
Then I decided to play some Halo Master Chief Collection, which I decided to buy for myself as a christmas gift since I knew I wasn't getting much.
Anyways, ive played about 2 hours in the three weeks I've had it, because every match I play is absolutely crammed full of people who dedicate their lives to the game, and I just can't compete in that environment.
So I don't know. Sometimes I yearn for that easily derived pleasure video games once gave me, but at the same time I didn't gain anything from the 600 hours and hundred dollars I spent on CSGO, or from minecraft, or any of these games.

i've decided for now on games will only be played for some sort of utilitarian or social purpose. i'll play PB2 for my clan, and I'll test out new games just to see what they can offer, But for the most part I'm not playing anything right now.
Perhaps I'll play demon souls on PC tho..
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby prometheansoldier » 7 January 2021, 10:46

Video games are another set of entertainment, as viewed by certain people (especially my Dad). For me, I look at them as another game to spend some time on, or as something to escape from the actual reality due to the current events that is happening as of now, hence the COVID-19 outbreak.

There are also good and bad benefits from playing video games, but this has also caused stigma among others, like, video games will make you feel stupid, you will learn nothing from them, blah blah blah. Probably my chance to prove this, as video games actually do make you learn about certain things, like new words, i.e biological matter, or, historical fact about the things we use, and there’s some iconic games that do show that. Perfect example is Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

How? Here’s how. Pick up a certain object, be it a captured animal, a weapon, or any camouflage pattern.

Good example here is the Tiger Stripe (Woodland), this camouflage pattern was derived from the French lizard camouflage pattern, and the camouflage that was derived from it, as you may have guessed it, mimics the tiger’s coat, basically to blend in the shadows and green vegetation and foliage depths of the jungle. Another interesting thing here is the animals, such as Reticulated python, being it part of the pythonidae family, and it is a non-venomous python, instead, it uses its body to constrict your body, to restrain and possibly make you lose oxygen.

This is also another thing why I would also recommend playing video games too.
You know me. When I make a promise You keep it. I do know how to pick 'em.
prometheansoldier
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 10 January 2021, 11:07

so that i can be an asshole in plazma burst 2
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby daft punk 777 » 11 January 2021, 12:26

Cuz its fun! For example pb2 - i really love it and that was my first childhood game, that was interesting to see how it changed through years...
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby yi en » 16 January 2021, 12:59

By reading all comments, I had to agree with phsc, cuz, dopamine cause player become addicted on everything they like.

If there's a guy who doesn't interested on video games, well, dopamine won't emitted to make you keep playing.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Previous

Return to Around the Campfire