Old PB2 Days (Site,Game,Etc...)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Old PB2 Days (Site,Game,Etc...)

Postby Build » 20 September 2020, 19:11

As you may know pb2 has changed a lot and many of you might've forgotten the old layout, etc...

Some people moved on, So much has changed.

Here i'm going to show you what it looked like before

In cali, It had 4k players playing this game.

( I'd appreciate if you comment on it since i tried my best to research all of this )

Old PB2 maps layout

What lamps looked like

Oldest multiplayer layout (9 years ago)

More old maps (Missed these maps... Recognize these maps?)

Old PB2 Profile layout (You can see enemies list existed back then)

707-school screenshot (Deleted map due to database crash)

Old days of bosscat1-mw3 (You can see the old design of the alien pistol at the right side)

The voting system that used to look like

Here is a old video:

That's all, There is probably more i haven't shown yet, Sorry. Don't have much time today.
Build
Falkok [250]

Re: Old PB2 Days (Site,Game,Etc...)

Postby Girl_Power » 20 September 2020, 19:48

I joined this game in 2015 (made this account in 2016). I miss the enemies list feature. I wish Eric will bring it back in PB2.5/PB3.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 21 September 2020, 01:16

i had a screenshot of 4000 players online at the same time, but cant find it, i did however find a 3.8k one
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 21 September 2020, 03:08

Enemies = -(Friends).

In a world without map previews...
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby yizhe » 21 September 2020, 07:10

omg memories...dont make me cry because of nostalgia.
I used to have an enemy, wondered what happened to him...
https://imgur.com/gallery/vMIyvX0
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Build » 21 September 2020, 11:02

yizhe wrote:omg memories...dont make me cry because of nostalgia.
I used to have an enemy, wondered what happened to him...
https://imgur.com/gallery/vMIyvX0

Guessing it's the database crash that literally snapped half of the players out in 2015
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby Girl_Power » 21 September 2020, 15:55

Thanos snapped half of the PB2 universe in 2015. I lost my first account due to the crash as well. Cheap Coolbuddy servers.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 21 September 2020, 19:41

Wow, a server crash? Shivers down my spine.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby verecund gazelle » 22 September 2020, 09:50

yizhe wrote:I used to have an enemy

Speaking of enemies...

This link used to be able to make anyone your enemy (shoutout to my homie puppywerewolf), the number was their account number, from the profile URL. I used to have the website profile and Eric and "maps" as my enemies. Sadly, this doesn't work anymore.
http://plazmaburst2.com/beenemies.php?enemy=1816458
^you know you wanna be my enemy.

And here's one to make anyone your friend, regardless if you sent them a request or if they accepted it.
https://plazmaburst2.com/befriends.php?friend=1736484
^a nonfunctioning link to instantly become friends with "map"
https://plazmaburst2.com/befriends.php?friend=663495
^a similar link to become best friends with the website profile itself

After the add enemies option and the public enemy list was removed, and before the link stopped working, this was the only way to have newly added enemies. I used it as a way to mark unique or funny profiles I came across. Now it is just a link that doesn't do anything.
This is what I get for rating all my maps 1 star

verecund gazelle
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Nyove » 22 September 2020, 16:15

My favourite part of the old PB2 days is the old netcode.

No, not the most recent old netcode before late 2019. The older netcode that supported glitching maps.

Back then, there were many kinds of glitches and techniques you can do, which makes beating a glitching map both require dexterity as well as knowledge. It was really fun and and it is my favourite part of the game. There are many glitch maps that I really enjoyed, most notably cahir-traps9.

Later in the years, glitching has been patched and there are far fewer techniques you can utilise for glitching. I hope Eric Gurt can bring back the netcode that supports glitching. Since selfboost is technically a bug turned into feature, I believe glitching should be too.
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby ECC9 » 22 September 2020, 18:46

old netcode was a piece of shit
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Tortoise » 22 September 2020, 19:36

Mostly I just miss being able to join a game and having less than 300 ping.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Tempus » 23 September 2020, 00:15

Heyo,

This is honestly crazy, it's been such an honor. Being here since 2011, those who remember 99chats where staffing first took place.

Going to be soon at the age that Eric was when I first met him....

I'm really happy to see everyone here still playing and talking about those old days :)

Hope to see you all for PB3 and other games ^_^
Tempus
Advisor

Postby nightmar » 28 September 2020, 10:26

Lost 4 acounts to the database crash. But I did not mind that much as long as the game was still alive. I still miss those 4000 players. In every match you would meet someone new. Seeing familiar faces was not that common, while now familiar faces is all I see.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby Rajhit » 28 September 2020, 14:16

I do not know what exactly happened at that time, everything seems to indicate that the game changed, I hope to know more about the subject to know the losses that the game had
RR was here
Rajhit
Recruit

Postby KARL SERG » 30 September 2020, 09:58

Good times. I've had this account since 2011 and I still remember how happy I was. It was and is such a great game. Things were simpler then but I believe people had more fun because of the novelty of the game and the general atmosphere.

Which is not entirely fair, as the current version of the game is superior, but has a smaller player base. I can still remember the Washington Server and the heated debates about CoolBuddy and the ads some considered inappropriate. Oh, the memories...
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby black onyx » 30 September 2020, 21:45

I am an old player as well and thank god now i have the confirmation i needed for the database crash, i never seen anybody mentioning it and i was already starting to think i was banned and my child memory confused me, but i was always telling to myself and others it was a "glitch" that happened at the time, sadly, i was one of the unlucky souls that lost their account.... my old IGN was piratax10, no one seems to remember me, maybe because my english skills weren't great (or even existing) at the time?

I also miss the enemies list, it was a funny feature...
The first and only.
black onyx
Recruit

Postby Mr jaks nes » 1 October 2020, 02:19

It's crazy how this game created this community, including all these map makers, clans, players.
Honestly it's an honor to be one of the earliest players in the game, although my profile was created in 2015, i used to join as a guest, i created my first profile in 2013 (i think)

I made a lot of memories and friends, the reason why i'm talking in English right now is probably because of this game.

I remember when i was just a normal kid playing this flash game until i accidentally clicked the "multiplayer" button that forced me to discover the multiplayer, although i was new to these stuff but i knew i wasn't playing alone or with AIs because the characters i met behaved like real humans, i was addicted to this game and i did my best to communicate with people that understood English because i didn't understand English back then, after some years of translating and trying to communicate with people i could finally understand them, it was a great feeling, until one day i noticed that i could write and talk in English without any troubles. After i could interact with the players, map making was my goal and i did my best to become a map maker, i didn't care about fame or LDR, all i cared about is to create more fun in this game, and thankfully i could, i was also watching Mingo1's videos that inspired me to make my own youtube channel and learn video editing and montages.

Who knows maybe i wouldn't be here writing this reply if i didn't accidentally clicked that "multiplayer" button, maybe i wouldn't be in this community.. maybe i wouldn't be talking in English, i would just get up and sleep then maybe interact with another community, but i'm glad this luck led me to this community.

And now i am a PB2 map maker, video editor (montage maker), and Site Moderator... something that i never believed in me.

I want to thank Eric Gurt so much for creating such an amazing game and to all the players i had fun with,who knows who would i be without you... this is honestly an unforgettable experience...

Anyways here's a video i made some time ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcbgPbOTNik&t
Mr jaks nes
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby yeetYeet342 » 1 October 2020, 07:04

I Miss the old times with Alien pistol i used to be an Guest,I've seen the old lamps i kept calling them Shiny star! as a kid lol,The maps did look really awesome i Played 707-school Once but it was kinda boring,Dude i miss these times so bad...I Wish they could come back i lost 3 accounts How sad.
yeetYeet342
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Sniper123123 » 1 October 2020, 11:57

This is honestly quite overwhelming to see even though I probably did not get to experience it as much as I just saw it being in it's state in 2011.

I found out about this game around 2012-13 and played it for sometime till I decided to create an account somewhere in 2015, probably February. I would say that not just 2011 but 2015 was still a good year for Plazma Burst 2 as I can remember myself playing the game all day, every day during that year before getting disinterested in it due to the database crash.

There would be still at least 1k players which would show up on USA, California with slight players being on the Europe's server as well. Now I wouldn't lie but I was fooled by finding out that my profile's statistics are reset and started feeling miserable at it quite badly.

https://i.imgur.com/FnLoQfY.png

Just like another person who had demonstrated as to how much friends/accounts they lost due to the database crash, I felt in the need to do so as well. However, after a few years I came back to this game and it felt good coming back and continuing to play this game whenever there's time to pass, or spend freely.

Although I don't play it as often I would, I still enjoy the heck out of it whenever I do.

And from the bottom of my heart, I'd like the thank the community for having an warm-welcoming personality and approach towards newcomers as well as the old (but gold) players to the game and I'd also like to thank the staff which was and is always determined towards this game after all these years especially when the game seems to be a bit inactive on it's end.

Thank you guys, and thank you Plazma Burst 2. :D
You may know me as Lusty Kush or Kush, but originally I started out as the "Sniper123123" in 2015. So, hi there! I hope you have a good day!
Sniper123123

Next

Return to General Discussion