How many languages do you speak ?

Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst

Re: How many languages do you speak ?

Postby mrblake213 » 31 July 2020, 22:11

Anyone else get the situation on where you think of a sentence/word/phrase in your mother tongue when you need to say it in your second language but then you can't translate it, so now you don't know how to say it so that they'll understand what you want to say.

yeah, bilingual feels.
The staff job description:
mrblake213

Postby pinipigbomb » 1 August 2020, 02:21

eru_ wrote:
pinipigbomb wrote:English is my native tongue. I want to teach overseas across Asia so I've learned Japanese, starting Mandarin in fall term and then Korean at some point. I'd eventually like to learn Tagalog as half of my family is Filipino.

Japanese and Mandarin are one of the hardest languages ever, Japanese have Katakana which is not that hard, Hiragana is sort of hard, but Kanji is hella hard

Regarding Mandarin, I've heard that there are characters that ranges between approximately 3500 and 8500, it's extremely hard, even phonetics, but it's grammar is easy.

On the other hand, Korean have an easier writing system and it is influenced with Mandarin & Japanese, I've tried to learn it on entertainment purposes and I've learned the circle thingy means soundless, that's it :/

Filippino, It have the latin script, it kinda sound like Indonesian in term of sound, but I don't know how difficult it is, (I guess medium?)

Katakana is easier to write technically, but it trips me up due to how infrequently it's used. Kanji can be a pain to write (gonna be honest, my stroke order is still shotty) but the distinction between each character makes it easy to guess an unfamiliar word's meaning. I did start with Japanese first as it seemed like a good middle ground between Mandarin and Korean.

Mandarin's syntax seems similar to English but yeah, I feel like the phonetic aspect would make it difficult to learn, writing all those characters aside.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.
pinipigbomb
Recruit

Postby taktisch » 7 August 2020, 11:52

English as main language. I use them daily for the internet, although I'll use English more than other languages usually due to the Eternal Anglo requiring it.
Russian
Japanese is my native language, though I don't regularly use it.
Chinese I also know, although not as well. I use it casually. (For some reason I remember Chinese characters more than other scripts back in the day, huh.)
German (I barely use it lol. Not many German I can use since most German stuff uses English all the time. Only for research.)
Yo.
taktisch
Recruit

Postby eru_ » 17 August 2020, 11:05

taktisch wrote:English as main language. I use them daily for the internet, although I'll use English more than other languages usually due to the Eternal Anglo requiring it.
Russian
Japanese is my native language, though I don't regularly use it.
Chinese I also know, although not as well. I use it casually. (For some reason I remember Chinese characters more than other scripts back in the day, huh.)
German (I barely use it lol. Not many German I can use since most German stuff uses English all the time. Only for research.)

It's sort of hilarious to say "English" is your main language, but me as well for some extent, the other languages are limited to the worldwide, English works almost in every country, but learning an other language would be fun and creative
I'd rather be badly criticized by an experienced person rather than being complimented by a braindead...
Do never hesitate to feedback, but don't be sarcastic please !
eru_
Falkok [250]

Postby daft punk 777 » 14 September 2020, 12:09

Russian - main
English - started in school, and thanks pb2 for 8 years of additional learning)) (Still bad speaking, and grammar :P)
German - only started, cuz school wanted
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby mokaal » 27 September 2020, 10:06

Egyptian Arabic: First dialect to learn

Standard Arabic: Don't get confused with both arabics , words and way of talking is different

English: My second language, mainly learnt from games ( thanks PB2 ) then later school

French: I don't like that language, and I really want to learn german not french :/
Do you believe that corruption is permanent and everyone can have it without realization?

Mokaal, an average PB2 player since 2016
mokaal
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Gashadokuro » 28 October 2020, 11:32

Bad-ish German.
Fluent English.
Fluent French.
Fluent Spanish.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby verecund gazelle » 30 October 2020, 11:20

I main English. I know quite a bit of Spanish for reading and writing, but only enough to minimally function in conversations, as though I have paint-brain. I know a very tiny bit of Portuguese (seems like Spanish but with extra steps).

I wish I spent the brains I had when I was young, on learning Dutch or German for their ancestral significance to me, though.
This is what I get for rating all my maps 1 star

verecund gazelle
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Yex » 31 October 2020, 07:28

English only?

Maybe ukraine, russian.

I'm mostly an english, sorry.
I have offically retired and have gone. You know the reasons. Here.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby I once was a guest » 31 October 2020, 07:46

I speak English, C H I N E S E,Japanese
So I speak 3 languages

I once was a guest
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Nakimato » 5 November 2020, 21:52

I speak englands very good

Nakimato