How many languages do you speak ?

Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst

How many languages do you speak ?

Postby eru_ » 16 June 2020, 09:52

Tunsi : It is my shitty native language that is harder than Arabic and have no single pro, tho I can understand it perfectly, but i suck at reading Latin-Tunsi (Tunsi is literally a descendant from Arabic so ignore that
Modern Standard Arabic/Standard Arabic : It is very similar to the Tunsi dialect, but at least this one is useful in the Arabian literature, tho this lang is kinda outdated in term of sciences, so i am able to understand 90% of the Arabian texts unless it is a poetry, regarding school i do suck
English : even though English Language is the 3th language in my country, i do speak it better than French, thanks to my addiction to Discord, it helped me improve my English, so i do perform much better than those nerds who pence their money on extra English lessons, although most of the Tunisian population suck at English
French : I started learning French in school since i am 7, and i performed really perfect into it, but since i am 13 i started using English more than French, tho I'm still not that bad at French
Spanish : Since French and Spanish are both Romance languages i can understand some Spanish without even learning it, so i started learning some Spanish using Duolingo and Google, And now I'd say that i am "Mediocre" in Spanish
Russian : i always had a huge interest in Russian culture, so i learned a few letters in Cyrillic script in 2017, then in 2018 I got a massive motivation to learn Russian and i kept learning for almost all the day for around 40 Days, tho reading/Typing Cyrillic script is kinda hard and slow, also i have a small Russian Vocabulary and i can barely understand
Turkish : Turkish have around 6000 Loanwords in Arabic origin, including that i memorized some Turkish words that stuck in my head for a long time
I guess those are the languages that i can speak a little/fluent/learning, anyways there are some languages that i can understand quite little like : Persian/Urdu/Ukrainian/Maltese/Italian/Portuguese

What about you ?
eru_
Falkok [250]

Re: How many languages do you speak ?

Postby ECC9 » 16 June 2020, 10:27

i cant even speak in my main language LOL
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 16 June 2020, 19:55

everything but functional programming languages
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Girl_Power » 16 June 2020, 22:46

My father is British and my mother is Portuguese while I'm born in Canada (what a combination).

Both my parents speak English so English is my main language. Since I live in Canada, we have to learn French as well, so I know how to communicate in English and French. A little known fact is that I know how to speak Cantonese (one of the main Chinese languages) as well. I learned it from online classes and after-school classes back in elementary grade. I could never memorize all the Chinese characters and I've soon forgotten how to write Traditional Chinese as I never have to write it ever. I can still speak Cantonese fluently as I have friends who are of Chinese descent.

So in conclusion, I can communicate in English and French but can only communicate Cantonese by speaking and not writing.
"Stay home. Stay tuned. Stay safe."
Girl_Power
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby eru_ » 17 June 2020, 06:59

Girl_Power wrote:My father is British and my mother is Portuguese while I'm born in Canada (what a combination).

Both my parents speak English so English is my main language. Since I live in Canada, we have to learn French as well, so I know how to communicate in English and French. A little known fact is that I know how to speak Cantonese (one of the main Chinese languages) as well. I learned it from online classes and after-school classes back in elementary grade. I could never memorize all the Chinese characters and I've soon forgotten how to write Traditional Chinese as I never have to write it ever. I can still speak Cantonese fluently as I have friends who are of Chinese descent.

So in conclusion, I can communicate in English and French but can only communicate Cantonese by speaking and not writing.

Uh Noice, there are fellow polyglots, I am not alone
eru_
Falkok [250]

Postby darkstar 1 » 18 June 2020, 09:29

Dutch as main
Learned english on school and mainly via games
Learned french on school but my grades were pretty bad, I understand it better than I can actually talk it

darkstar 1

Postby eru_ » 18 June 2020, 11:08

darkstar 1 wrote:Dutch as main
Learned english on school and mainly via games
Learned french on school but my grades were pretty bad, I understand it better than I can actually talk it

Not gonna lie but French in schools is kinda hard, including that I barely pay attention to our teacher, and since I have extreme Myopia, no matter if I stay in the first place or the last, seeing clearly is impossible, also my writing is slow and unintelligible,In my country, we do learn a harder French program than the native French people, we do learn Passé simple, (which is not available in France lul) and it is hard af that I forget the entire conjugation of it
eru_
Falkok [250]

Postby Tortoise » 18 June 2020, 21:14

I speak only English and most of you guys who speak it as a second language are way better at it than me. Y'all are like "yeah I learned English from playing CoD zombies" and it's honestly pretty impressive to someone like me who has no talent for languages. Trying to learn German via Dualingo because it's basically just English but in a really thick German accent.
I haven't changed my duvet in 15 months and wont until the government gets its shit together.
Tortoise
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby phsc » 18 June 2020, 21:23

may i actually mention what languages i actually speak:
portuguese, english, spanish, a very small amount of german and french
what i find very interesting is since i learned english and spanish both in a more formal way (school) and like, experience (games p much, very rarely some real life use), i actually understand like, slangs n how stuff is actually said by people, which i think makes me better at it?

also eru, small tip, instead of being the jack of all trades and master of none, get good at the one/ones you are currently learning before getting into more languages

but fr functional programming languages are from hell
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby STEFANO2008 » 20 June 2020, 04:06

two, english (dont rmember how i learned) i cant speak it very well, and spanish, my native language
idk what i can put here

STEFANO2008
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby alexwang32 » 23 June 2020, 19:44

English & Chinese

alexwang32

Postby Nyove » 25 June 2020, 18:37

English - Main (Fluent)
Chinese - Native (Relatively fluent)
--
Hakka - Native Dialect / Descent (Very bad at it, it's a language that no other schools teach (well you can't blame it it's dialect))
Cantonese - (I can only listen in Cantonese since my parents speak Cantonese even tho they are Hakkas (since in workplaces barely anyone speaks Hakka and Catonese is a dialect which is common AND sounds similar to it.))
Trying to improve on my Malay (My Hakka is probably better than my Malay).
Presenting Kiriakos Gr96 and (part of) his crew... :P

Borg aka kubakuba
CreeperHunter55
Not A R!OT Map Maker aka Nyove
Kiriakos Gr96
IceRG aka IceRGodZ

Nyove
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby yizhe » 27 June 2020, 02:38

i can speak english, chinese and bits of malay.

but after all these while, i still hope to understand the usurpations. maybe we just misunderstood them...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 400 character limit.

whose signature even exceeds 400 characters??
yizhe
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby TcBot » 28 June 2020, 16:22

Ukrainian,Russian and English.

TcBot
Recruit

Postby ECC9 » 28 June 2020, 17:57

my russian dictionary from csgo:

rusky est?
cyka blyat
idina hui
rush b cyka

xd
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Noir Lime [600]

Postby neptunepurpleheart » 4 July 2020, 06:35

I'll speak with a English language. somehow i was originally in Japaneses
neptunepurpleheart
Recruit

Postby yi en » 4 July 2020, 08:11

Chinese (Main
English (Secondary
Japanese (can read a bit can't talk
Malay (Tertiary, if I ever found a people who doesn't know chinese and english at all. Uh.
And... I guess that's all?
UnrealCrash wrote:Game has been updated (slight netcode update that includes some of desynchronization fixes as well as newer hit detection model where player limbs get circular hitbox instead of rectangular while in-between frame states are handled more accurately).

Best. Joke. Ever. 2020.
yi en
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Around the Campfire