First image of a Black Hole

Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst

First image of a Black Hole

Postby Jason Eden » 10 April 2019, 20:07

"The first-ever image of a black hole was released Wednesday by a consortium of researchers, showing the "black hole at the center of galaxy M87, outlined by emission from hot gas swirling around it under the influence of strong gravity near its event horizon."

So they exist, with no doubt now. It scares the hell out of me because people have no protection against threats like this. What do you think? Maybe it's a sign that we all should stop wasting our lives on unimportant things and start dedicating them to the exploration of space?
Jason Eden
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: First image of a Black Hole

Postby phsc » 10 April 2019, 20:52

it was no doubt black holes existed

It scares the hell out of me because people have no protection against threats like this.

fun fact the universe can literally stop existing at any moment thats a valid theory, i mean there is so much that can go wrong and so much we dont know i mean every rule can just stop working a galaxy can hit another one anything at all n the size of a black hole is so big that if it appeared out of the solar system but close it could easily still deliciously exquisite pizza sauce us up
What do you think?

science is nice its pretty cool n shit
Maybe it's a sign that we all should stop wasting our lives on unimportant things and start dedicating them to the exploration of space?

non sequitur also suck my tu quoque youre making pb2 maps while ppl are going to space!
there is not much on space for us to do that is actually useful, earth has a ton of resources n it is expensive as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce deliciously exquisite pizza sauce to go to mars, new technologies developed here are more important than exploring space, even then it doesnt matter if we all die it has no meaning anyway, important is subjective, i think it is much more important for us to find out new methods for energy so we dont kill the planet we have even though we can like stop using uranium in nuclear reactors n use thorium but then uranium can generate nuclear weapons so thanks to the lovely state its not happening but anyway it means nothing as nothing means nothing nihilism deliciously exquisite pizza sauce space is cool though i prefer learning about machine learning so i can create some evil AI that will take over the world n i will be able to merge the zuckerbergian empire of data collection with evil google robots by force with my mcNukes™
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby 49er » 15 April 2019, 05:38

My guy, if we're just at the point where we can photograph a "black hole" for the first time what makes you think we can know that the universe can just stop existing at any time by some inexplicable transformation
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 15 April 2019, 19:50

While I respect your "space explorer civilization utopia" kinda viewpoint, I don't feel like we should strictly focus on everything that's considered "important" and not a "waste" of time. Then again our definition of life and fun are completely different I guess, you like "progress" (whatever makes you feel better I guess) and I just like living fast and possibly dying hard. As for black holes, they weren't a myth, we already knew they existed.
You cannot kill me
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Resi » 15 April 2019, 22:38

Jason Eden wrote:So they exist, with no doubt now.

You... thought black holes didn't exist???
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 17 April 2019, 23:04

Resi wrote:

Well i mean everything people have said in the past was a theory, and not all theories are fact, even if they have concrete evidence.
October 29th, 2016-August 04th, 2018
Kostadin 8
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Resi » 17 April 2019, 23:08

Kostadin 8 wrote:
Resi wrote:

Well i mean everything people have said in the past was a theory, and not all theories are fact, even if they have concrete evidence.

Oh god oh frick.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
Resi
Lite Marine [800]

Return to Around the Campfire