Tweak to explosives.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Tweak to explosives.

Postby alj99 » 2 October 2022, 04:31

Explosives

Is it just me or are the rockets and explosives are relatively underwhelming?
Other than a direct hit with a rocket on the head, they don't 1 hit delete like the majority of Sniper Rifle counterparts. With the sole exception of RPG but it's inacurate as hell.

I feel like the aoe should be pretty damaging too. Explosives AOE in general seems pretty underwhelming with most of the damage are on direct hit only.

I guess just make explosives high dmg slow reload guns.

On the side note:
A nice suggestion for specifically grenade launchers is to give the nades more velocity.
And I bet Eric already did this but Rocket be given smoke trails.

Side note:
Gun idea: Rocket launcher which turns into cone-shaped cluster/airburst (not all around it) when in proximity of an enemy player.
Gun idea: Rocket launcher which is then guided by a non damaging laser. The rocket would be shot upwards then switches into a laser shooting gun where the rocket follows the end of the laser.

Energy based explosives

If the explosives mentioned beforehand do become a slow atk rate, high dmg then CS-BNG may become redundant.
It being a class of it's own is pretty redundant too, it could very well be put into slot 5 as well if you do plan to compress weapon slots of vanilla weapons. The harm may be minimal with the switching animation, making combo-shooting less practical.

Anyway, to make CS-BNG more unique, rather than simply exploding on hit, it could also deal knockback while at it.
The idea for CS-BNG is to turn it into a literal unstoppable force dealing constant AOE on the way, this is also means that the projectile won't explode immediately on hit against bodies or other ragdolls, unless of coure, it offered enough resistance.
You may have to nerf the dmg to prevent it from being op though. Might as well do poison dmg while at it.
The idea should also turn CS-BNG into a sweeper or heavy knockback weapon of sorts.

Side note:
Gun idea: Maybe something like the Ion cannon from raze 2 would be nice? Instant projectile with explosion.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Tweak to explosives.

Postby Girl_Power » 18 February 2023, 02:59

Explosives have always been underwhelming. The C-0 grenade is a joke.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby alj99 » 20 February 2023, 13:07

alj99 wrote:Energy based explosives

If the explosives mentioned beforehand do become a slow atk rate, high dmg then CS-BNG may become redundant.
It being a class of it's own is pretty redundant too, it could very well be put into slot 5 as well if you do plan to compress weapon slots of vanilla weapons. The harm may be minimal with the switching animation, making combo-shooting less practical.

Anyway, to make CS-BNG more unique, rather than simply exploding on hit, it could also deal knockback while at it.
The idea for CS-BNG is to turn it into a literal unstoppable force dealing constant AOE on the way, this is also means that the projectile won't explode immediately on hit against bodies or other ragdolls, unless of coure, it offered enough resistance.
You may have to nerf the dmg to prevent it from being op though. Might as well do poison dmg while at it.
The idea should also turn CS-BNG into a sweeper or heavy knockback weapon of sorts.

Side note:
Gun idea: Maybe something like the Ion cannon from raze 2 would be nice? Instant projectile with explosion.

Ignore this stuff, my brain went nuts.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 22 February 2023, 04:38

Explosives already do quite a bit of knockback damage. They’re good for damage but I believe they are meant for crowd control against multiple enemies, or used to stagger an enemy with the knockback so you have an opening to gun them down with other weapons.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to General Discussion