Does anyone feel the new physics pretty odd?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Does anyone feel the new physics pretty odd?

Postby lunaslasher » 26 September 2022, 10:05

Hey guys, Luna here. Knowing that I didn't post and hell, I only post the first time in decade. But lemme cut to the point.

Does anyone feel the physics right now in multiplayer is being extremely heavy, unstable and pretty impactful?
I swear, a month or two back when I am playing it was not that way, you can still menuver midair, have full control of speed and direction, but now every swing feels like an unnecessary boost and accelration that led to inevitable death to the wall, does anyone feel the same? :(

lunaslasher

Re: Does anyone feel the new physics pretty odd?

Postby Eric Gurt » 26 September 2022, 23:47

Physics were not changed, but overall game performance was always a factor of how physics behave in PB2.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby lunaslasher » 27 September 2022, 11:02

Oh! First of all, thank you for replying.

2nd, I just want to know, did among these 2 months the server undergo some sort of update that affected the game performance? I don't want to repeat myself but yeah, due to the issue I expressed on the top post I think it is making my experience unplayable, or in a sense basically made my playstyle over the decade wasted due to how the seemingly the responsiveness become so heavy and gravitational.
Sorry if this is just my own personal preference, by no mean of bothering you, Eric, keep up your work. Have a good one.

lunaslasher

Postby lunaslasher » 27 September 2022, 11:12

Hey, Eric, thanks for replying!

But well, may be I am not specific enough with the issue, I know the physics might not be at work here, but overall did these 2 month in any circumstance the server had any update that might affect the frame rate of the game?

Sorry if I sound a bit annoying, but I am just geniuely curious, being a long time player of the stryde sniper in the decade, I am used to a specific playstyle of walljump, ragdoll and selfboost, and that's how I realize the selfboost in someway has become somewhat one-directional, unresponsive after ragdolling and has some sort a....pusher like feeling? Where it literally launches your sprite forward in unreasonable speed, that's why I have some concerns, which it made my experience not just in stryde sniper, but any kind of fast pace DM/TDM become unplayable, is it ok if you could playtest a bit and check it out, thank you!

lunaslasher

Postby Eric Gurt » 8 November 2022, 18:11

To be honest game runs different for me now as well, though I really did nothing to PB2 servers or PB2 game itself.
It feels like operating system updates did cause that somehow (Windows 10 in my case).
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Eric Gurt » 8 November 2022, 18:24

You can try running PB2 launcher in compatibility mode with Windows XP (SP 2) and administrative privileges.
Additionally, maybe disabling gore in settings could help.

I personally don't notice physics change, just game runs laggier in fullscreen to me.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby pb dman » 18 January 2023, 00:03

Selfboosting has been very ''static'' for years. Eric Gurt made an update which caused low physics and high physics to be the same by adding intentional self boosting which has this ''pusher'' effect. This update happened 4 years ago if you look at mingo1's video on it about the selfboost rework video.
Playing PB2 since 2015!

pb dman
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby maxim12 » 25 January 2023, 16:04

Eric Gurt wrote:Physics were not changed, but overall game performance was always a factor of how physics behave in PB2.

Speaking of performance, I have a PC with 3070 RTX and i7-7700 proccessor, yet Plazma burst 2 still lags like hell sometimes, considering It's a pretty old Flash game, the game is poorly optimised.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby alj99 » 26 January 2023, 08:06

maxim12 wrote:
Eric Gurt wrote:Physics were not changed, but overall game performance was always a factor of how physics behave in PB2.

Speaking of performance, I have a PC with 3070 RTX and i7-7700 proccessor, yet Plazma burst 2 still lags like hell sometimes, considering It's a pretty old Flash game, the game is poorly optimised.

Pb2 lags pcs equally. It does not see high quality expensive sh1t.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby henryjacob143 » 26 January 2023, 08:22

Eric Gurt wrote:To be honest game runs different for me now as well, though I really did nothing to PB2 servers or PB2 game itself.
It feels like operating system updates did cause that somehow (Windows 10 in my case).

But i don't understand what is its relation with physics

henryjacob143

Postby Tasha04 » 2 February 2023, 23:33

maxim12 wrote:

The game isn't poorly optimised, it's a flash game. I could play many other flash games on a blazing-fast gaming PC and they would all be the same as it's not for high-quality expensive stuff :P

Tasha04
Recruit

Return to General Discussion