The Plazma Burst 2 Community Is So Great!

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

The Plazma Burst 2 Community Is So Great!

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 14:53

Man, I just absolutely love the Plazma Burst 2 Community! You guys are just so open to questions and criticisms, always listening to what people have to say rather than immediately shutting them down with no response allowed- man, you guys are just the best.
Like with most toxic communities, they'll just tell you to shut up, call you stupid or troll you until you leave rather than addressing your concerns. But here? You guys are just so understanding, so I just want to give an open 'thank you' to the moderators and players who diligently (and respectfully!) safeguard the forums.
meeksource
Recruit

Re: The Plazma Burst 2 Community Is So Great!

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 May 2021, 14:56

Staff have been getting worse, but do consider that I rarely see Eric censor anyone and he doesnt usually interfere with staff
Muted me for 5 days for being a 'transphobe' lol over a tf2 meme
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Gashadokuro » 8 May 2021, 14:57

Can we see what games you worked on MeekSource.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 15:01

Gashadokuro wrote:Can we see what games you worked on MeekSource.

I worked on a lot of amateur games, but the biggest is probably Space Station 13. I regularly contribute to the code on its Github, and am currently helping with bounties for Unitystation.
meeksource
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 May 2021, 15:20

meeksource wrote:

I worked on a lot of amateur games, but the biggest is probably Space Station 13. I regularly contribute to the code on its Github, and am currently helping with bounties for Unitystation.

Its funny then that the game you listed has been out for 18 years and the sequel hasnt been released either. Obviously theres more to story than just that, but I think that alone should tell you about the amount of time needed to create a game top to bottom. Also, eric is a one man show. No help.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 15:26

ZapruderFilm wrote:
meeksource wrote:

Its funny then that the game you listed has been out for 18 years and the sequel hasn't been released either. Obviously theres more to story than just that, but I think that alone should tell you about the amount of time needed to create a game top to bottom. Also, eric is a one man show. No help.

Okay, well firstly, that's not how the game is. We're not making a sequel we're making a remake- the game isn't necessarily built from 'top to bottom' like PB2 is but rather is a game that is in ever-development by people who continuously add to the experience. Secondly, even if that were the case, SS13 is a game that is ten times the scope of PB2. Yes, there is much much more to the story than found in a quick Google search.
meeksource
Recruit

Postby PeacyQuack » 8 May 2021, 15:34

I agree PB2 Community is so epic there are very intelligent people which you can ask stuff to and theres literally at least one person from every nationality and its very cool without Dark Clan!
We should stop sushex56 together

PeacyQuack
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrmcshroom » 8 May 2021, 15:37

meeksource wrote:
ZapruderFilm wrote:
meeksource wrote:

Its funny then that the game you listed has been out for 18 years and the sequel hasn't been released either. Obviously theres more to story than just that, but I think that alone should tell you about the amount of time needed to create a game top to bottom. Also, eric is a one man show. No help.

Okay, well firstly, that's not how the game is. We're not making a sequel we're making a remake- the game isn't necessarily built from 'top to bottom' like PB2 is but rather is a game that is in ever-development by people who continuously add to the experience. Secondly, even if that were the case, SS13 is a game that is ten times the scope of PB2. Yes, there is much much more to the story than found in a quick Google search.

Yeah, but you literally just proved how long a game can take, and at same time you attack a lone indie developer who has taken less time on his remake than your entire team has. Why you think you have position to judge? Eric has made no promises to community except that he will continue working on game. He never gave a release date, and people like you have been popping up for years.

mrmcshroom
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Gashadokuro » 8 May 2021, 15:41

SS13 is twice as old as PB2, has had many people work on it on top of its creator giving up after 3 years.

Logic would dictate that you make a team and remake PB2 or PB3 during the next 10 years. And probably fail.
Gashadokuro

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 15:46

Gashadokuro wrote:SS13 is twice as old as PB2, has had many people work on it on top of its creator giving up after 3 years.

Logic would dictate that you make a team and remake PB2 or PB3 during the next 10 years. And probably fail.

mrmcshroom wrote:Yeah, but you literally just proved how long a game can take, and at same time you attack a lone indie developer who has taken less time on his remake than your entire team has. Why you think you have position to judge? Eric has made no promises to community except that he will continue working on game. He never gave a release date, and people like you have been popping up for years.

This isn't a 1:1 transition between games like you're imagining. Eric had the largest and most significant hand in developing PB2, which was small enough to run as a flash game. SS13 is made by many people, with its source code being around 17 times as large as PB2.
I know how long a game should take to make not because I've seen the 'completion' of SS13, but because I understand the cycle of development that takes place in making games.
Last edited by meeksource on 8 May 2021, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
meeksource
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 May 2021, 15:50

meeksource wrote:
Gashadokuro wrote:SS13 is twice as old as PB2, has had many people work on it on top of its creator giving up after 3 years.

This isn't a 1:1 transition between games like you're imagining. Eric had the largest and most significant hand in developing PB2, which was small enough to run as a flash game. SS13 is made by many people, with its source code being around 17 times as large as PB2.
I know how long a game should take to make not because I've seen the 'completion' of SS13, but because I understand the cycle of development that takes place in making games.

Yeah, but you seem to fail the second you imagine eric as a hard worker bee working relentlessly on PB3 until finish. Since PB2 hes released other games, but his main and biggest project is PB3. He doesnt want to release it until it's perfect. People like you make him realize that anything less than perfect would not have been worth the wait by now.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Gashadokuro » 8 May 2021, 15:53

If you saw the cycle of development, you'd understand it's a hobby with its pauses and active periods, and even changing owners / contributors.

I have seen plenty of Indie games come and go myself, so if anything we should consider ourselves lucky Eric is still working on an iconic, albeit still 10yo flash game.
Gashadokuro

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 15:58

Gashadokuro wrote:If you saw the cycle of development, you'd understand it's a hobby with its pauses and active periods, and even changing owners / contributors.

I have seen plenty of Indie games come and go myself, so if anything we should consider ourselves lucky Eric is still working on an iconic, albeit still 10yo flash game.

I completely understand how game development can be on-and-off. My problem is with the fact that a game that is supposedly akin to PB3 has taken this long in development. I don't think I've ever seen an indie game of this scope take 7 years before.

Edit: *akin to PB2
meeksource
Recruit

Postby Nyove » 8 May 2021, 16:07

Hey meeksource,

It is understandable that you will get frustrated at the state of PB2 and PB3's development progress. Most of us share a similar passion with you and would undoubtedly be upset in waiting for PB3 for so long.

As pointed out by some of the community members here, I believe that the reason why it took so long is because ultimately, Eric Gurt treat developing PB3 as hobby.

In an ideal situation where Eric allocates time and develops PB3 in a systematic approach, I believe PB3 will be developed much more sooner. However, Eric does not see as an utmost importance to develop PB3 as soon as possible. He's gonna eventually take breaks, even sometimes deviating from his original plan.

For passionate members like you, this is undoubtedly frustrating as it takes much longer for PB3 to be released than expected. I appreciate your concern, but I wish that all of us can be more understanding in Eric's decision to not make the game his utmost priority. After all, there is no incentive for him to be putting in so much time and effort for us, just to release the game for free. (he treat it as a hobby)

I take the opportunity to be able to play PB2 for free and to interact with the community as a privilege, and I am immensely thankful for Eric, the staff team and everyone who has contributed in making PB2 a better place. The existence of PB2 is why we have passionate members debating and sharing their common frustrations.

Thank you for voicing out your concern, and I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 16:15

Nyove wrote:Hey meeksource,

It is understandable that you will get frustrated at the state of PB2 and PB3's development progress. Most of us share a similar passion with you and would undoubtedly be upset in waiting for PB3 for so long.

As pointed out by some of the community members here, I believe that the reason why it took so long is because ultimately, Eric Gurt treat developing PB3 as hobby.

In an ideal situation where Eric allocates time and develops PB3 in a systematic approach, I believe PB3 will be developed much more sooner. However, Eric does not see as an utmost importance to develop PB3 as soon as possible. He's gonna eventually take breaks, even sometimes deviating from his original plan.

For passionate members like you, this is undoubtedly frustrating as it takes much longer for PB3 to be released than expected. I appreciate your concern, but I wish that all of us can be more understanding in Eric's decision to not make the game his utmost priority. After all, there is no incentive for him to be putting in so much time and effort for us, just to release the game for free. (he treat it as a hobby)

I take the opportunity to be able to play PB2 for free and to interact with the community as a privilege, and I am immensely thankful for Eric, the staff team and everyone who has contributed in making PB2 a better place. The existence of PB2 is why we have passionate members debating and sharing their common frustrations.

Thank you for voicing out your concern, and I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,
Nyove

That does answer my question, actually. I'll let it go. It's Eric's game, he can do what he wants with it, I just wish the community had more insight to PB3's development process.
It's especially difficult when the entirety of the community only responds to my issue with insults, so thanks for at least giving a respectful response.

Edit: Correction- *Trolling and censorship, not insults.
Last edited by meeksource on 8 May 2021, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
meeksource
Recruit

Postby Gashadokuro » 8 May 2021, 16:19

You did ask to be insulted.
Gashadokuro

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 16:20

Gashadokuro wrote:You did ask to be insulted.

I don't remember asking.
meeksource
Recruit

Postby broforce1 » 8 May 2021, 19:34

meeksource wrote:
Gashadokuro wrote:You did ask to be insulted.

I don't remember asking.

i just learned

being patient is just the damn key, 5 years fly super-fast cuz of long patients, i understand how annoying is to wait for a game that being worked very slowly, but we don't have really to discuss this again and again cuz it's clear that there is no specific day of release and Eric is working on it for fun.

but i have a question from topics u have made, not meaning to be annoying:
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=25539

anyways u have made a negative topic previously that pissed the dev and now u made a positive topic. i just dont understand r u bored? or curious like hell i dunno, btw this really a cool community but not so great, a lot of issues there.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Eric Gurt » 8 May 2021, 22:00

meeksource wrote:I worked on a lot of amateur games, but the biggest is probably Space Station 13. I regularly contribute to the code on its Github, and am currently helping with bounties for Unitystation.

Looks like a cool game, though I'd personally change plenty of its' core elements from what I can see on let's play videos on this game. Like I personally would not be intrigued by such deterministic gameplay.

I'd not compare it to Plazma Burst 2 or Plazma Burst 3 though - too different ideas and approaches. Star Defenders 2D would be closer in my opinion, though still, even if I was slightly thinking about this genre of games when started Star Defenders' remake - I wanted experience to be less like a board game and more visual instead, even if adding high amount of content would mean more polishing including sfx, animations and servers capable of handling such complex calculations in the end.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby lpzimm » 9 May 2021, 03:28

meeksource wrote:

yoo you're doing space staion 13? have you seen anything by huda?
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Next

Return to General Discussion