Locking My Topic?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Locking My Topic?

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 02:25

https://imgur.com/cAtX2pf.png
4 sentences and that's it? You didn't respond to any questions and you completely cut me off, Eric. Also, are you using alt accounts to post trolling messages on my post? This account was able to comment even when you locked it and was literally created today.

https://imgur.com/OwieCsG.png
https://imgur.com/HbW71xM.png

Edit: Account might not be Eric's.
Still, locking my post after shutting me down doesn't solve anything, just silences opposing opinions. I just want answers.
Last edited by meeksource on 8 May 2021, 02:36, edited 3 times in total.
meeksource
Recruit

Re: Locking My Topic?

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 May 2021, 02:27

Not trying to speak for Eric, but Eric does this for fun on the side. He works at pace that works for him. He released several open source releases since the announcement of 2.5, along with some teaser videos and things.

Eric isn't going to just stop working on PB3, and even if he was, he wouldnt reveal the best troll of the decade to a dude on forum.
Edit: new accounts can post earlier, and their replies dont show until approved by a moderator. This is probably why you are confused.
Last edited by ZapruderFilm on 8 May 2021, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 02:30

ZapruderFilm wrote:Not trying to speak for Eric, but Eric does this for fun on the side. He works at pace that works for him. He released several open source releases since the announcement of 2.5, along with some teaser videos and things.

Eric isn't going to just stop working on PB3, and even if he was, he wouldnt reveal the best troll of the decade to a dude on forum.

I don't really even care about the trolling. I literally only wanted answers on PB3 and Eric's commitment to the series.
meeksource
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 May 2021, 02:31

meeksource wrote:
ZapruderFilm wrote:Not trying to speak for Eric, but Eric does this for fun on the side. He works at pace that works for him. He released several open source releases since the announcement of 2.5, along with some teaser videos and things.

I don't really even care about the trolling. I literally only wanted answers on PB3 and Eric's commitment to the series.

I meant, not working on PB3 and lieing to everyone would be the best troll of decade. Sorry, also, check my edit about new account postings.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 02:40

ZapruderFilm wrote:
meeksource wrote:

I meant, not working on PB3 and lieing to everyone would be the best troll of decade. Sorry, also, check my edit about new account postings.

It wouldn't make sense that someone who is completely new to the forums would make an account and only comment on my post for trolling. Also I severely doubt (or at least hope to god) that Eric hasn't been lying about PB3 considering he has gameplay up on his Twitter.

Edit: Spelling/grammar
meeksource
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 May 2021, 02:45

meeksource wrote:
ZapruderFilm wrote:
meeksource wrote:

It wouldn't make sense that someone who is completely new to the forums would make an account and only comment on my post for trolling. Also I severely doubt (or at least hope to god) that Eric hasn't been lying about PB3 considering he has gameplay up on his Twitter.

Edit: Spelling/grammar

Well, looks like lpzimm is alt of lpz, you dont have to believe it. Anyways, if you can clearly see eric is making progress on game and putting in effort, what is your question?
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 02:55

Well, looks like lpzimm is alt of lpz, you dont have to believe it. Anyways, if you can clearly see eric is making progress on game and putting in effort, what is your question?

Same question I've had in the post:
And look, I get it alright? You're a single developer working on a game that runs on a dying engine with a dwindling fanbase and little support. But if you're going to commit to the game, then commit. If not, then don't. I genuinely do support you dude, but I must know; Are you actually making an effort to put out PB3, Why has it taken so long, And what's stopping you from releasing it now as-is?
meeksource
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 8 May 2021, 03:10

meeksource wrote:

Same question I've had in the post:
And look, I get it alright? You're a single developer working on a game that runs on a dying engine with a dwindling fanbase and little support. But if you're going to commit to the game, then commit. If not, then don't. I genuinely do support you dude, but I must know; Are you actually making an effort to put out PB3, Why has it taken so long, And what's stopping you from releasing it now as-is?

Its clear some sort of effort is there. You admitted that yourself.
He had to recode game from scratch after flash was cancelled.
It isn't ready, and he lacks critical infrastructure for launch.
ZapruderFilm

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby mrblake213 » 8 May 2021, 04:27

meeksource wrote:but it shows that you're treating your fanbase's favorite game as a passion project

Because, it is.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 04:41

mrblake213 wrote:
meeksource wrote:but it shows that you're treating your fanbase's favorite game as a passion project

Because, it is.

Again, its fine if it is. That wasn't the point of the post.
meeksource
Recruit

Postby lpzimm » 8 May 2021, 07:12

we do a little trolling it's called we do a little trolling
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Eric Gurt » 8 May 2021, 10:16

meeksource wrote:https://imgur.com/cAtX2pf.png
4 sentences and that's it? You didn't respond to any questions and you completely cut me off, Eric. Also, are you using alt accounts to post trolling messages on my post? This account was able to comment even when you locked it and was literally created today.

https://imgur.com/OwieCsG.png
https://imgur.com/HbW71xM.png

Edit: Account might not be Eric's.
Still, locking my post after shutting me down doesn't solve anything, just silences opposing opinions. I just want answers.

It looks like topic was locked by moderator, seems like he assumed it requires no reply from you, though, to be fair, this isn't first and not the last topic like this.

Generally similar topics come from people who are not aware of publicly available information about what they wonder about and blame me for (information from me on twitter, Discord server, this forum).

Still, feel free to show what you are comparing my project to. It seemed like you participated in something similar yourself. Though "just a flash game" is an interesting argument.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Gashadokuro » 8 May 2021, 10:46

Eric has never accepted money until now due to server costs and the Patreon tip jar, but even then he has always stated how there was no need since it wouldn't influence PB3's release nor give you much in return.

The game is a side hobby since he has a job and probably a family, thus other responsabilities. So this is more about your personal perspective, are games & their communities more important than the developers themselves? Notice how despite flash & the servers changing he didn't give up too.

Considering it's been 5-7 years and you're not the first to ask, move on. Do your own thing, for example your own game projects instead of waiting for what is essentially a 10yo flash game.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby LoneWolf56 » 8 May 2021, 13:13

I have locked your previous topic and will lock this one as well. There is no fruitful discussion coming out of these threads.

Please do not make a thread with a similar topic.

Thanks,
LoneWolf56
LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to General Discussion