Eric, Are You Being Serious About This?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Eric, Are You Being Serious About This?

Postby meeksource » 8 May 2021, 00:06

Let me start this off with the old statistic: Plazma Burst 2 is now over 10 years old. The game's got a small but dedicated fanbase, with people making fan-art, full-scale playable maps- hell, even directly supporting the game through donations. Take a minute to realize that some of its child-players that were playing during release are now of legal drinking age.
Why is it, then, that I find you, Eric Gurt, aren't reciprocating this support? The game is flat out clunky in regards to its accessibility to both players and creators. The Advanced-Level Editor still uses the trigger-based system rather than an actual coding language, the servers are still based in one spot with players unable to make their own, etc., etc.. Is it because you're working on PB3, as you would claim? Fine.
Plazma Burst 3 was announced- what, 7 years ago? And it's still in the works? Are you kidding me? I've brought this up many times before, and I never get a response from Eric as to why it has taken so long- only responses from his dedicated fans. It's always, "He just needs more time, the game will be finished soon."

No. That's stupid. You're stupid. The game has been in development for, I repeat, 7 years. There has been little to no activity (as usual) in your reporting of the actual progress of the game on your Twitter, Discord or Forums.
I've worked in game development amateurly, and I can tell you that a game- especially a sequel to a flash game should not even take half as long. I'm all for letting a game run its course through development so it comes out well, but 7 years is long enough for me to have released a game like PB2 five times over.
But no, instead you begin work on Star Defenders?. Don't get me wrong, It's fine if you want to take a break from working on your main game series, but it shows that you're treating your fanbase's favorite game as a passion project. It wouldn't be so egregious if PB3 hadn't taken +7 years- but it has, so it is. I am near convinced that the reason it's taken so long is because you work on it on-and-off, with much emphasis on the 'off.'

And the Patreon- oh the Patreon. You know I considered donating to your Patreon? I figured, "Maybe this will encourage him to work on the sequel", but then I realized I'm an idiot. You're asking for 1000/1000 patrons to work on PB3 full time. Your fanbase doesn't even have a percent of a percent of that, let alone the percent willing to donate.

And look, I get it alright? You're a single developer working on a game that runs on a dying engine with a dwindling fanbase and little support. But if you're going to commit to the game, then commit. If not, then don't. I genuinely do support you dude, but I must know; Are you actually making an effort to put out PB3, Why has it taken so long, And what's stopping you from releasing it now as-is?
meeksource
Recruit

Re: Eric, Are You Being Serious About This?

Postby Lpz » 8 May 2021, 01:10

We do a little trolling it's called we do a little trolling

Lpz

Postby lpzimm » 8 May 2021, 01:13

We perform a small amount of internet joking, when referring to it we say we do a small amount of internet joking.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Eric Gurt » 8 May 2021, 01:21

Don't support anything if you don't want and definitely don't if you can't. It does not look like you've read reason why subscription was added in first place though.

I do state that there is always a solution to most problems that do not involve money (though involve something else like time and quite possibly security in case if I'll have to rework PB2 to work on top of something like p2p while I could be doing something else instead).

Show your projects if you want to prove something that much.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Return to General Discussion