for those who think pb2 has a bad netcode

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

for those who think pb2 has a bad netcode

Postby phsc » 16 April 2021, 11:35

its not a pb2 thing only, some games have it even worse sometimes!

escape from tarkov:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTark ... 4_seconds/ https://www.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTark ... afpsilzrd/
https://clips.twitch.tv/FlaccidSpookySk ... nhlGrLlqUP
tarkov is in beta tho

another example of a game that used to have this (many updates really made this less likely to happen but it happens from time to time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GexxPKwZS5Q

what i sent are actual netcode issues, the games have programming issues when it comes to dealing with lag, tarkov has trash servers and in the cs go case ping very often a very relevant factor but still that is kind of too absurd

another thing you guys need to consider when shitting on pb2s netcode is that ping really matters, 50 ping is considered good in PB2 and in other games that can even be considered bad, the server quality matters a lot and this is something pb2 lacks because of the games scale, its not practical to have everybody playing with 10 ping, any other game is a living hell with high ping, with the current netcode higher ping players do have a disavantage compared to the old netcode, but the new netcode actually makes sense, and it isnt actually bad, the servers are bad, in the old netcode youd literally just ignore bullets and a lot of the game was based on ones own syncing, it still is and that is a joke, but in the old netcode the desync was way, way bigger, i actually have a really good video showing how absurd it got
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuvv2lk66PM
and yeah, theres hacking going on in that video, that shouldnt really change a few things that seem a bit... strange at the very least

anyway, that isnt possible with the current netcode (at least in the same exact way/method with the same absurd results)

also idk if this fits here better since im talking about how other games have a bad netcode mostly or if general discussion is a better place
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: for those who think pb2 has a bad netcode

Postby nightmar » 16 April 2021, 14:50

The problem OGs have with the netcode is that it's worse than the previous one, not that it's bad in general. We had a better netcode that we gave up for this, hence why everyone is complaining about it.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby phsc » 16 April 2021, 15:27

nightmar wrote:The problem OGs have with the netcode is that it's worse than the previous one, not that it's bad in general. We had a better netcode that we gave up for this, hence why everyone is complaining about it.

its objectively not worse than the last one you really didnt understand what i said, in what deliciously exquisite pizza sauce game does a dude with a ping of 300 have an advantage over a dude with ap ing of 20, this was just swapped, the current netcode is better since it is less focused on individual player synced that actual OGs will know could be easily abused in many ways, stuff such as speedhacking was a common tactic by many players some would call legendary not to mention how PB2 is so deliciously exquisite pizza sauce weird that even slowhacking was a thing but mostly for 1v1s n such because it would create a projection of movement that is completely out of sync w reality making it hard to hit the target, this combined with general lag made it extremely unfair

most people that complain about the netcode had higher ping and now are deliciously exquisite pizza sauce, yeah, you are not supposed to play a game with high ping, i am affected by that and i do realize it was completely unfair for a dude with 50 ping to play agaisnt a dude with 300 ping where the one with 50 ping literally has less information in his own version of the game because of the way syncing was done, with the server as the intermediate actor this does not happen, causing the frustrating yet common in any other game i mentioned death by desync, but unlike the games i sent, the desync is right, the lagged player is desynced

you also didnt explain why its worse than the last one, you simply stated your opinion which i kind of already kinda refuted in my original post but i guess going specific now also works, the old netcode was just accepted because it gave people who had poorly syncing (lag by either ping, bad internet quality - nobody talks about stuff such as packet losses which actually are absurd and made some players with low ping eat way more bullets than players with high ping - ingame lag caused by low FPS - you also could hack your FPS limit to lower values causing even worse syncing, many players considered good had bad computers and this contributed to it - one example is xlr https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuwzyS ... f5w/videos if you watch his videos you can see he doesnt run the game well, this is a big tactical advantage - and a ton of other things)
the example i used isnt even that old, only 2015, back in 2012-2013 (before i didnt play) it was absurd, the old syncing wasnt better, imagine playing some game where a dude literally takes no damage and can still damage you because what you are doing in your syncing isnt the same hes doing in his because the server acts for basically nothing, is that good syncing? people are just used to what they are... used to, or were, because thanks to eric the game is better now
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Nehil » 16 April 2021, 15:53

nightmar wrote:The problem OGs have with the netcode is that it's worse than the previous one, not that it's bad in general. We had a better netcode that we gave up for this, hence why everyone is complaining about it.

Im gonna answer this on a short way
Myself, as an OLD player i think new netcode is way better, not for personal reasons, its for LOGICAL reasons, "OGs" players are butthurt because they couldnt addapt with +200 ping (WHICH IS BAD ON ANY MULTIPLAYER GAME) to the new netcode which FAVORS low ping
idk if you noticed but on any other game besides pb2, lag aint an adventage, thats why there are multiple servers on those games, an example, csgo, valorant, league of legends, dota, krunker, brain out, etc
Let me give you a random situation, if a 300 ping player on csgo starts arguing about the shitty system, how players eat and shit like that, would you tell him that hes right while u have a good connection?

The thing is, Pb2 has a decent netcode at this point, it just need some fixes (CONSIDER SYNC ISSUES CAUSE ITS A LIMITED FLASH GAME) and new netcode works better with less ping yno, its obviously not the best, but eric put all his effort on this
Also, there are multiple servers yno, if u want a good connection, then go to europe im p sure u live there and ask your friends to play on there

Its quite funny tho, some days ago i played with some "old legends" on the new netcode, they were arguing cause they couldnt eat bullets insanely like in the old version, they couldnt play tactical, basically they got benefit of old netcode cause of their lag and the fact that they cannot do that anymore is the main reason they dislike it, an unfair, cheap and stupid system that doesnt really work, i mean shoting ur bullets without being able to see where they go (predicting mostly) its stupid for any mp game xd

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Sgt Dwayne » 16 April 2021, 18:37

i dont really care about the details such as client sync or whatever, thats the job of the developers etc

what i care about is what i experience and based on that i can say the new one is bad and here are my reasons (phsc i dont care if this is fallacious ad hominem whatever the hell):

- old one was set which means even if it had flaws or even if it was stupid, you were used to it and you were encouraged to change ur playstyle accordingly, basically what many many ogs did - coming from this the fun aspect is ruined for those players like me because it was taken away from us, we liked it this way - the old way
- now that its changed and wont be changed back, to cry about it would be stupid so getting used to the new one was required, but then here comes the flaws of the new one that many people complain about: is it fair? maybe it is to some people but remember when we requested the ping limit in ranked to be increased before the new netcodes arrival? one of the main reasons was the leaderboard being filled with NA/SA and/or western european players mostly, not even a choice given for the remaining ones on whether they wanna be considered a top 100 player or not
similar to that, the fairness is gone for many high ping players, there are many examples such as: people coming back to life after literally getting shot (not tanking, tanking is different), players teleporting while they are mid air, spawnkills are more likely to happen due to ones ping (since they appear spawned on other peoples view in contrast to what the player actually sees), very very less likely to dodge bullets and more stuff to consider that many others surely experience badly
in addition to that, low ping players also dont like to play with high ping ones due to experiencing same/similar things as them
- maybe old one had many of its own cons but 8 years of having it was enough to master it for many players during the active days of the game, not my business that they have done bad shit or anything but it became one of the reasons as to why an og/old player should quit the game (competitive/ranked gameplay if not the game), causing the player count to drop, the activity to drop

if u wanna still have fun on this, go play custom maps ie saws base maps, ranked/unranked/dm is the last thing u should play

and again, phsc idc if this is ad fallacy hominem whatever
Sgt Dwayne
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby phsc » 17 April 2021, 00:35

Sgt Dwayne wrote:i dont really care about the details such as client sync or whatever, thats the job of the developers etc

thats literally what defines a good experience you moron

what i care about is what i experience and based on that i can say the new one is bad and here are my reasons (phsc i dont care if this is fallacious ad hominem whatever the hell):

"dont care if this is fallacious" = "dont care if this is wrong, my opinion is still right" nice view bro ur going far in your judgements

- old one was set which means even if it had flaws or even if it was stupid, you were used to it and you were encouraged to change ur playstyle accordingly, basically what many many ogs did - coming from this the fun aspect is ruined for those players like me because it was taken away from us, we liked it this way - the old way

change your playstyle????? as in????????????? like fr what is changing playstyle, go on, give me examples, what playing styles are not viable anymore, also the old system being set means nothing, its just that people dont really feel like changing how they interpret a game, this actually makes sense if you idk go and read thinking fast n slow by daniel kahneman youre going to realize that pb2 is a very system 1 kind of game you basically go automatic and this gives faster reaction times because that involves decisions (most games are like this), turns out that if you just masturbate your system 1 decision making system 2i snt going to be comfortable as it naturally isnt because it spends more resources and changes your view hwich is inefficient biologically but it literally makes you right!

- now that its changed and wont be changed back, to cry about it would be stupid so getting used to the new one was required, but then here comes the flaws of the new one that many people complain about: is it fair? maybe it is to some people but remember when we requested the ping limit in ranked to be increased before the new netcodes arrival? one of the main reasons was the leaderboard being filled with NA/SA and/or western european players mostly, not even a choice given for the remaining ones on whether they wanna be considered a top 100 player or not

deal with it, turns out that if youre playing a game that has servers set in NA and europe and you live in a place you get bad ping youre going to suck at that, the thing is, the old system was absurd for high ping players, theyd constantly eat bullets and ignore everything, see, it didnt make sense, it was counter-intuitive for a new player, it is the kind of thing someone who is slighty experienced with gaming looks like and laughs because of how it makes no sense, it got extremely ridiculous and the advatange a high ping player had back then still kinda translates to these days because of how the syncing is still trash, it is infinitely better tho, this new system is way more fair than the last one, also ping isnt everything as well, but this is too much for your brain

similar to that, the fairness is gone for many high ping players, there are many examples such as: people coming back to life after literally getting shot (not tanking, tanking is different), players teleporting while they are mid air, spawnkills are more likely to happen due to ones ping (since they appear spawned on other peoples view in contrast to what the player actually sees), very very less likely to dodge bullets and more stuff to consider that many others surely experience badly

they come back to life becuase in your screen they are in a different position because of how network systems kinda simulate movement with the lack of information, teleportation is jsut fixing this, this isnt that much about ping actually, it is much more about connection quality, you can have a ping of 200 ms but if it is constant and high quality you will simply be 200ms in the past which is playable (in old pb2 ud be 200ms in the future which is extremely unfair), it isnt only a change of pace because with the last system the difference was infinite, a player with 400 ping had basically half a second of an advatange, now half a second of a delay, this is how ping works and this is how it should work, there is a natural tendnecy for people in third world countries and such to have worse quality connections and computers which actually boosts these factors EXTREMELY, making it objectively easier for htem to play in the old system over a player with low ping playing vs a high ping one in the current one
dodging bullets was a joke in the old system, even with low ping soemtimes the game wouldnt display perfectly what is going on (a big aspect of this is how the game receives movement data and that data is displayed with the current game configurations, so if a dude is playing high 60 and youre playing low 15 the dude who is doing actions in high 60 which has different values will display as a low 15 dude for you which creates desync in your screen), etc

in addition to that, low ping players also dont like to play with high ping ones due to experiencing same/similar things as them

that is always going to happen, the difference is the advantage swapped with a system that makes more sense, scales better (again, the server being bad != the netcode being bad), naturally functions in a more fluid way (probably more server intensive but the general logic seems more consistent) and most importantly is much safer (hacking is way less of a deal now)

- maybe old one had many of its own cons but 8 years of having it was enough to master it for many players during the active days of the game, not my business that they have done bad shit or anything but it became one of the reasons as to why an og/old player should quit the game (competitive/ranked gameplay if not the game), causing the player count to drop, the activity to drop

this is a fallacy, basically what youre saying is "the old one is good because it was used for 8 years" its kinda like an appeal to consistency tradition ors mth, if we simply swapped them, it wouldnt matter, this isnt a discussion about netcode youre making, youre making ad iscussion about your experience which is extremely subjective + it shouldnt define what is better for the game, this is literally a cognitive bias based on your experience instead of viewing the issue objectively, which goes towards the new netcode

i guess some people magically believe their opinions are right instead of using methods to judge them, this is the recipe for success buddy, this is literally the same mentality a conspiracy theorist uses, but the result is just more socially acceptable, falling into cognitive biases and fallacies to defend a point that makes one comfortable instead of thinking in a logical way about it, its really funny tho, anyway if anyone has a brain and reads this reply to you they will understand that im right and that you are just stupid so it works in my favor
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 17 April 2021, 04:13

I find ridicolous that people rant about netcode in matches with people with ping over 200. I can't really expect reasonable perfomance in that environment no matter how good a game netcode is.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA

Postby yizhe » 17 April 2021, 05:11

For me, at least. New netcode worked out better.

My experience with the old netcode was very inconsistent. i.e. to say that my bullets spawn 1-2 seconds after i fire, and players can kill me from my last position 1 second ago, so it was really a drawback for me. However i enjoyed melee fights as all i needed to do was walk backwards and slice, and never die while getting kills :)

Although the new netcode isnt perfect, it still works better, for me at least despite the occassions of bullet eating (tanks) due to pings.

I'm not sure how pb3 would be, but hopefully there would be a drastic improvement to the netcode to cater to most players out there so that the ping factor wouldnt be of the game's top concern.

(i heard there would be an Asian server?)
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby phsc » 17 April 2021, 08:06

replying to a few ppl in #feeds from pbc

the old netcode didnt sync bullets because it is kind of impossible to execute in an effective way, it is extremely costly for the server to keep track of bullets and such, their exact positions and such, games that try this have a ton of server n mechanical issues, a good example is tarkov which i showed some clips, it does that and it very often causes lag when firing weapons n etc, not to mention how tracking weapons' bullets in the server is extremely slow and how some stuff will be very weird because of a ping of even 20 one or two bullets might not hit, and theres obviously the biggest issue, pb2 can barely run its own servers, with something like this, it gets extremely costly and heavy to run the servers which is completely not practical, THIS IS STILL NOT AN ISSUE OF THE CURRENT NETCODE THE OLD ONE SYNCED EVEN LESS STUFF

statistics videos dont really make a difference, if deliciously exquisite pizza sauce doors arent synced do you think bullets are? im pretty sure grenades also arent synced and this is an issue but the biggest issue w this is that grenades also are kinda hard to sync, this is one of the things that gets very affected by low or high physics n fps 15 30 60 or any value one might run the game at

also can you please stop making assumptions about what people know or dont you moron

i obviously know this stuff isnt synced why the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce do you go around acting like you know things when all you do is assume them, I LITERALLY COSNTANTLY TALK ABOUT SYNCING ISSUES, what do you think i am mostly refering to with syncing issues? THE FACT THAT GUNS ARE FIRED LOCALLY AND THEIR PRECISION AND ROUTE OF FIRE IS DEPENDENT ON THE PLAYER, SAME FOR NADES, jesus deliciously exquisite pizza sauce christ how does someone not get this

MAY I REPEAT MYSELF BECAUSE NOBODY SEEMS TO GET THIS
someone with a ping of 50 can lag more than someone with a ping of 500, ok lets talk about this
what is PING? ping is simply the time it takes to go from betwen you and the server, simple
what is PACKET LOSS? packet loss is... basically lost information, you send a lot of stuff and sometimes some stuff doesnt reach the destination, because of internet connection problems, some stuff being blocked, inconsistency in connection, etc, this is actually a big issue, when youre sending stuff from a very far place it is very likely things will go bad, this isnt always teh case of people eating, this is because of the syncing, but what causes most desync n the most absurd cases is packet loss, this also happens in otehr games, this is what causes people to disconnect, this is what causes movements in games like league of legends n dota 2 to like play like sprites even if the FPS is high, there is information being lost and the game doesnt know what to do

the current system treats the players based on their server position, 50 ping actually is quite high, 100 ping etc, a good value for other games is generally very low, for very specific games where ping matters a lot like cs go and dota a ping of like 40 can be considered bad for proplay, 300 ping people do die and respawn because your syncing differs from the servers, maybe because of packet loss, different display (can be out of different configurations like FPS and such), and it can be because of ping, even if it is a low value
here is a good example, credits to nehil for the footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-qtYKxcHss
this shows that perfectly, how the syncing is shit right there, because nehil has a decently high ping and when he jumps in the server his position isnt where he thinsk he is, this is how ping works in every game, even if it is 50 it is still enough to maybe ricochet instead of hitting the person
also what the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce reloading??????? its pb2???????? dude?????????????
the teleportation thing means they probably dodged the bullet in their screen or for some reason the bulet didnt go off in theirs which is probably packet loss
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby broforce1 » 17 April 2021, 09:11

Properly as u say the ping matters where this is the minor issue for why PB2 netcode is having problems and so there are side effects... the old netcode delaying bullets and now the new one is delaying grenades instead which is both problems for high and low ping guys, so the PB2 net code is by far isn't good but fine... as u can see Raze decides to make fake MP so it would not have to deal with these issues......

so at the end if not all players who play at the same match has at least 100 pings then it is over and so that's the only solution but it is not so possible, so far eric should fix multiplayer but it should be a good fix this time or else he would decide not to touch PB2 mp again cuz if he didn't fix the netcode properly this time then it would get fewer problems but much worse side effects...for sure there are worse games, but some people think pb2 netcode is bad because of all of these issues and especially the ping issue with them but u don't think it's bad as ur used to that netcode through all of these years, but I see the new one is at least not delaying with guns as the old one does... what did u expect from such feedbacks though?
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby nightmar » 17 April 2021, 10:47

The problems I have with this netcode are
1) People tank the crap out of me. You may want to argue that this was more common with the old netcode but keep in mind that if you understood the way it worked you could hit someone regardless of their ping. I would fight players with 100 and 900 alike because I understood the way it worked. But now I can not even tell if the person that I killed is actually dead or if he will pop up behind me and be like "omae wa mou shindeiru".

2) We can not dodge bullets anymore. You can legit be 20 meters away from where the enemy fires and still die. Despite there being ways to understand where the enemy will see you it's still annoying. What annoyes me more about it is that when someone tanks you and pops up in front of you with a loaded gun then there's nothing you can do about it to not die. You will die no matter what. In the old netcode you could always deal with someone since you had the ability to dodge their fire long enough to figure a way to fight them.

Personally the main difference I see as a player between the old netcode and the new netcode, is that we sacrificed our ability to dodge enemy fire for the sake of hitting them when we are supposed to. However I value staying alive more than killing the enemy plus because of the tanking there is no guarantee that they will indeed die.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby meliante » 17 April 2021, 14:14

Nehil wrote:

Myself, as an OLD player i think new netcode is way better, not for personal reasons, its for LOGICAL reasons, "OGs" players are butthurt because they couldnt addapt with +200 ping (WHICH IS BAD ON ANY MULTIPLAYER GAME) to the new netcode which FAVORS low ping
idk if you noticed but on any other game besides pb2, lag aint an adventage, thats why there are multiple servers on those games, an example, csgo, valorant, league of legends, dota, krunker, brain out, etc
Let me give you a random situation, if a 300 ping player on csgo starts arguing about the shitty system, how players eat and shit like that, would you tell him that hes right while u have a good connection?

The thing is, Pb2 has a decent netcode at this point, it just need some fixes (CONSIDER SYNC ISSUES CAUSE ITS A LIMITED FLASH GAME) and new netcode works better with less ping yno, its obviously not the best, but eric put all his effort on this
Also, there are multiple servers yno, if u want a good connection, then go to europe im p sure u live there and ask your friends to play on there

Its quite funny tho, some days ago i played with some "old legends" on the new netcode, they were arguing cause they couldnt eat bullets insanely like in the old version, they couldnt play tactical, basically they got benefit of old netcode cause of their lag and the fact that they cannot do that anymore is the main reason they dislike it, an unfair, cheap and stupid system that doesnt really work, i mean shoting ur bullets without being able to see where they go (predicting mostly) its stupid for any mp game xd

So you like hacking more with this new netcode instead of the old one? Noted.
https://prnt.sc/ox8tpk
F the game. F
meliante

Postby Sgt Dwayne » 17 April 2021, 15:47

phsc wrote:
Sgt Dwayne wrote:i dont really care about the details such as client sync or whatever, thats the job of the developers etc

thats literally what defines a good experience you moron

"dont care if this is fallacious" = "dont care if this is wrong, my opinion is still right" nice view bro ur going far in your judgements

change your playstyle????? as in????????????? like fr what is changing playstyle, go on, give me examples, what playing styles are not viable anymore, also the old system being set means nothing, its just that people dont really feel like changing how they interpret a game, this actually makes sense if you idk go and read thinking fast n slow by daniel kahneman youre going to realize that pb2 is a very system 1 kind of game you basically go automatic and this gives faster reaction times because that involves decisions (most games are like this), turns out that if you just masturbate your system 1 decision making system 2i snt going to be comfortable as it naturally isnt because it spends more resources and changes your view hwich is inefficient biologically but it literally makes you right!

deal with it, turns out that if youre playing a game that has servers set in NA and europe and you live in a place you get bad ping youre going to suck at that, the thing is, the old system was absurd for high ping players, theyd constantly eat bullets and ignore everything, see, it didnt make sense, it was counter-intuitive for a new player, it is the kind of thing someone who is slighty experienced with gaming looks like and laughs because of how it makes no sense, it got extremely ridiculous and the advatange a high ping player had back then still kinda translates to these days because of how the syncing is still trash, it is infinitely better tho, this new system is way more fair than the last one, also ping isnt everything as well, but this is too much for your brain

they come back to life becuase in your screen they are in a different position because of how network systems kinda simulate movement with the lack of information, teleportation is jsut fixing this, this isnt that much about ping actually, it is much more about connection quality, you can have a ping of 200 ms but if it is constant and high quality you will simply be 200ms in the past which is playable (in old pb2 ud be 200ms in the future which is extremely unfair), it isnt only a change of pace because with the last system the difference was infinite, a player with 400 ping had basically half a second of an advatange, now half a second of a delay, this is how ping works and this is how it should work, there is a natural tendnecy for people in third world countries and such to have worse quality connections and computers which actually boosts these factors EXTREMELY, making it objectively easier for htem to play in the old system over a player with low ping playing vs a high ping one in the current one
dodging bullets was a joke in the old system, even with low ping soemtimes the game wouldnt display perfectly what is going on (a big aspect of this is how the game receives movement data and that data is displayed with the current game configurations, so if a dude is playing high 60 and youre playing low 15 the dude who is doing actions in high 60 which has different values will display as a low 15 dude for you which creates desync in your screen), etc

that is always going to happen, the difference is the advantage swapped with a system that makes more sense, scales better (again, the server being bad != the netcode being bad), naturally functions in a more fluid way (probably more server intensive but the general logic seems more consistent) and most importantly is much safer (hacking is way less of a deal now)

this is a fallacy, basically what youre saying is "the old one is good because it was used for 8 years" its kinda like an appeal to consistency tradition ors mth, if we simply swapped them, it wouldnt matter, this isnt a discussion about netcode youre making, youre making ad iscussion about your experience which is extremely subjective + it shouldnt define what is better for the game, this is literally a cognitive bias based on your experience instead of viewing the issue objectively, which goes towards the new netcode

i guess some people magically believe their opinions are right instead of using methods to judge them, this is the recipe for success buddy, this is literally the same mentality a conspiracy theorist uses, but the result is just more socially acceptable, falling into cognitive biases and fallacies to defend a point that makes one comfortable instead of thinking in a logical way about it, its really funny tho, anyway if anyone has a brain and reads this reply to you they will understand that im right and that you are just stupid so it works in my favor

lmao all these were to avoid ur post because i dont care enough to go on and write essays back to back about this shit

and even if u bring up logical povs and reasons that would be agreed to, many people who quit ranked like me and many otheres who complain about the same stuff i mentioned wont give a damn cuz my reasons are there and if u can read well instead of filtering with ur pedro-knowledge u will see where me and many others come from with these points

pedroooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sgt Dwayne

Postby Nehil » 17 April 2021, 16:23

nightmar wrote:The problems I have with this netcode are
1) People tank the crap out of me. You may want to argue that this was more common with the old netcode but keep in mind that if you understood the way it worked you could hit someone regardless of their ping. I would fight players with 100 and 900 alike because I understood the way it worked. But now I can not even tell if the person that I killed is actually dead or if he will pop up behind me and be like "omae wa mou shindeiru".

2) We can not dodge bullets anymore. You can legit be 20 meters away from where the enemy fires and still die. Despite there being ways to understand where the enemy will see you it's still annoying. What annoyes me more about it is that when someone tanks you and pops up in front of you with a loaded gun then there's nothing you can do about it to not die. You will die no matter what. In the old netcode you could always deal with someone since you had the ability to dodge their fire long enough to figure a way to fight them.

Personally the main difference I see as a player between the old netcode and the new netcode, is that we sacrificed our ability to dodge enemy fire for the sake of hitting them when we are supposed to. However I value staying alive more than killing the enemy plus because of the tanking there is no guarantee that they will indeed die.

You guys legit dont get it xd, netcode AINT THE ISSUE, netcode is fine, theres more than just the "NETCODE" good lord..
theres something called packet loss, high ping values on a system made to favor low ping players, sync issues and more, not "Netcode" and we cant really blame eric for this what the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce its just a flash game
and also, i rather someone to eat 2/3 bullets and that he has more chances to hit me than someone that eats 50000 bullets shoting random shots, the fact that u cant dodge bullets its bullshit, as you predicted bullets to shot on old mp, now predict bullets of your enemy to take coverage in new mp, simple as that, stop crying and being butthurt cause u cant addapt to a new system that is x10000000000000000000 more fair than the old one

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Nehil » 17 April 2021, 16:26

meliante wrote:
Nehil wrote:

So you like hacking more with this new netcode instead of the old one? Noted.

Ur incappable of reading paragraphs and understanding what im trying to say, anyways, noted too!

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Nehil » 17 April 2021, 16:33

Also, im going to clear this point just one more time, NETCODE AINT THE ISSUE, IF YOU GUYS ARGUE ABOUT LAG THEN USE THE OTHER SERVERS WHAT THE deliciously exquisite pizza sauce, you all are the ONLY PEOPLE THAT KEEPS ARGUING ABOUT "LAG" "BS SYSTEM" "SHITTY NETCODE" when yall dont even understand it, if theres a real issue, theyre
Lack of servers
Sync issues
Packet loss
And tons of other factors!
If im wrong tell me, have u ever played with a 50 ping player? did he die instantly when u shot him? i know the answer already, i named the issues alrdy plus yall arguing over the netcode while yall have +200 ping, i cannot believe that u guys dont get the point, imagine playing csgo with 200 ping, would u tell the game developer "omg pls pls fix this so its fair for laggers too" he would literally think that you make no sense, thats the main reason that big games have a big amount of different servers on SA NA EU, etc.
the point is that you guys arent being objetive or logical, its pure subjetivity what i see here
Last edited by Nehil on 17 April 2021, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Gashadokuro » 17 April 2021, 16:36

Keep in mind user Nehil was banned for hacking.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby mrblake213 » 17 April 2021, 16:47

Wow, now this is a topic that has been in the community for years.
For this same reason, I actually compiled a link of topics and even Eric's messages over old vs new netcode.

Here are similar topics:
Spoiler: Show More
New System is Trashhhhh by BlvxkByrd
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=23976

APPEAL TO PB2 by king4k
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=23926

Netcode by shother23
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=23632

What ever this is, needs to be fixed. by Lance Ryder Wilson
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=23559

Opinion on the new hit-registration (big bad) by unknown 1
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=23443

My opinion on new update (Version 1.32) by Vicendo
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=23433

Netcode explained. by Nyove
viewtopic.php?f=126&t=25222

Here are Eric's responses:
Spoiler: Show More

And most importantly, I found this on the FAQ page.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Dwayne » 17 April 2021, 17:03

just please admit whether the netcode is bad or not, the games dying/dead and there are many things to consider as to why its dying/dead then move on because nothing remains the same

if u complain too much about certain things then either dont play the gamemodes u dislike or just completely quit the game

also wtf do u gain from arguing about a flash game, as well as the game which has no influence on u right now

if u rly care one bit, just hope the better for pb3/pb2.5

Dwayne
Head Moderator

Postby Gashadokuro » 17 April 2021, 17:20

>the game's dying
lol
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Next

Return to General Discussion