how many pb2 players are there currently?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

how many pb2 players are there currently?

Postby Canada777 » 3 February 2021, 08:23

Plazma burst 2 has faced a serious decline in activity recently so i figured i'd do a headcount

Currently at night EST there are 19 players online in matches, all are in custom i am counting the matches in pb2 not the site's count now if we look by account activity we have:

16 which is a tad odd

during the day usually the site claims there are 40 ish players active

when morning comes i'll add to this post

Canada777
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: how many pb2 players are there currently?

Postby broforce1 » 3 February 2021, 08:59

I noticed players get more at night and sometimes in the morning, at noontime nobody seems to play and we have 18 players or less, so now are having 15 - 40 players, if I'm not wrong then we may have 18 - 25 players now and I guess we will reach into 40 later.

I'm a bit sad cuz nobody plays at EU server despite that most of the average players have lower ping there and I have like 80 ping limit there, sometimes the game doesn't count correctly how many players are playing heh.

when the number of players is displayed on the line plot graph would look wavy jk.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby paulstin » 4 February 2021, 21:06

I also do a head count, at 7.50pm GMT the time in england now, there are 20 players online, i have counted between 6 and 40 the max. i have seen maps with just 1 player in them, . i also see many players who have logged in, and logged out again as PB needs a download, and they never come back, I also see that PB2 has had over 50 new players a day making accounts, and then not playing, again this is because of the download, THE DOWNLOAD from the pb2 website is just to hard to understand for most players, so they do not bother, the netcode is hard to understand and download,

Nyove. guide to downloading has easier to understand step by step instructions on how to do this,

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=25098&p=215623#p215623

I know this has been posted in the forum, and on the news section on the pb2 website, but how many players knew about this? let alone read it? IT WAS NOT promoted enough, from november until early january this should of been widely shown on global announcements , in simple english, every 30 mins so players saw it, and knew about it, and if possible, a message sent to players inbox who had logged in since november., it just was not advertised enough, and now a dead game has proved my point, most players of pb2 have old slow computers, bad internet, and do not speak english so well, so everything has to be spelt out simply and easily.,

I have had many players, who are enemies or in another clan, asking me have i downloaded the launcher as they could not, and me helping them by giving them Nyoves guide,
NOW that does show hardly anyone knew about it, when players have to ask the most hated player on pb2 for help.

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Canada777 » 7 February 2021, 06:11

paulie u aint the most hated pb player, blake was posting the download for ages

Canada777
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Star Def » 8 February 2021, 06:15

paulstin wrote:I also do a head count, at 7.50pm GMT the time in england now, there are 20 players online, i have counted between 6 and 40 the max. i have seen maps with just 1 player in them.......

NOW that does show hardly anyone knew about it, when players have to ask the most hated player on pb2 for help.

It's not because of the launcher, it's because the game is dying and people were quitting PB2 before the flash discounting so they would not know about that chance to play and it's really easy to not use the launcher as long as you can download SWF file, the launcher should run PB2 10 times better than playing on browsers because browsers are heavy on some PCs, and now you just believed the game is dead? it was dead for ages and the launcher requires 2 iq to download it by following the steps but I wanna admit that PB2 average players have 0 iq, not in English, but 0 on how to think and guess mentally how things work just like when they don't understand whats in the maps.

Players who usually play 10 to 50 so players who know about using launcher are 80, some people are guests and some of them doesn't play (logged for another objective) and some of the new as well, also wanted to say that there won't be any point to know how many players do play cause it doesn't matter that much anymore.
Flash games are cool no?
Star Def
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby broforce1 » 21 February 2021, 07:43

if i brought Philipines and Spanish and Russians to make war maps and play ridiculously in the game then the game amount is saved :D
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 23 February 2021, 11:20

broforce1 wrote:if i brought Philipines and Spanish and Russians to make war maps and play ridiculously in the game then the game amount is saved :D

Not happening. They'd rather play non-game maps like Base maps, RP maps and then wonder why nobody plays at all.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mokaal » 23 February 2021, 13:32

If a 50+ million subscribers youtuber played PB2, the game will get hell amount of players and joiners
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby broforce1 » 23 February 2021, 15:12

IforgotmypasswordHaHAA wrote:
broforce1 wrote:if i brought Philipines and Spanish and Russians to make war maps and play ridiculously in the game then the game amount is saved :D

Not happening. They'd rather play non-game maps like Base maps, RP maps and then wonder why nobody plays at all.

i was kidding tho.
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby TheMeteor » 25 February 2021, 01:49

I'm wondering how many players will still play PB2 after PB2.5/3 release...

please play with me, my pc is shet and it will not handle PB3
TheMeteor
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby alj99 » 25 February 2021, 03:08

I started playing again sometimes, but i'm mostly focusing on map development particularly test maps or concept maps that i wanna finish to pb3.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 26 February 2021, 21:13

Its a good thing the game is dead,
less players = less problems

(note: people who play rp maps only dont count as players)
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby phsc » 27 February 2021, 17:07

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:Its a good thing the game is dead,
less players = less problems

there is a big fallacy here, which is that you are ignoring problem solving

see, problems arent an issue if they can be solved, they will always arise, what you said is not a rule, if there are 5 people playing the game, it is less likely one of them is going to be very cancerous than if 500 were playing, but if one of them is cancerous, their impact is much bigger, the thing is, you need to counter that with moderation and such, and this is the magic of it all, if 1 out of the 5 players is a moderator, moderation should be fairly easy (i mean ofc the dude wont be online moderating all the time n such), 10 out of 50 is pretty unrealistic tho, thing is, more people should mean more moderators, the scale goes up, is it harder to mantain? depends, one moderator can deal with a ton of people at the same time, and an important thing is time coverage, being sure some people are always online

but here is the bigger thing, a game needs a minimum amount of players to work and be viable, or to mantain developer interest, less people isnt always better, and of course, having more is generally better than having less, would you rather be fat or have nothing to eat? have more money or have too little? both can generate problems correlated to them, but they are better than the alternatives, same applies to pb2, you need a min amount of players, in this case a lot of the system taht runs the game are maps which require map makers which stay, which is how people can keep getting into the game (they play some random match and like it or not, the exploration aspect can keep a player in for longer), some maps require a min amount of players to work well, others dont, the big issue is that ranked and approved maps in general have a big lack of players these days for a true competitive scenario, is this good? this is literally a problem

but what did i expect from you anyway

(note: people who play rp maps only dont count as players)

they count as players, i mean they literally are players and to an extent were the biggest public for pb2 if you consider the average guest or like 10 year old who plays base or gunshop or school maps or whatever
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to General Discussion