What a Good way to be a good staff ?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What a Good way to be a good staff ?

Postby broforce1 » 16 December 2020, 06:40

So, are we talking about having a better shit for staff interaction and whatever? no!
We are just talking discussing generally some things that would make the staff a good one, what are really the ways to be a good staff, what makes the staff a good one and a unique one, well before of that let's see the qualifications.

Those are just kind of not really public qualifications for staff but it's a good qualification for a suitable staff:

Spoiler: Show More
-contributive and friendly
-active and supportive
-being able to respond and focus on what he's doing
-confident and 16+ above

so basically I'm gonna take a bunch of moderators, not gonna take all of them cuz that would too much those are just examples, well those seem to be good in 2020, and some of them were good from before:

Spoiler: Show More
-Nyove = active in bug reporting helping players => supportive staff
-Wasted time = ideal with annoying discord members muting and punishing some of them =>ironic ban staff
-Kiriakos = active with maps approval => map approval staff
-Zerker = PB2 discord creator and admin => PB2 discord owner
-Zapruder = made feeds and starboard and other coded stuff for discord =>a nice good coder

So basically, in order to be a good staff is not try to look cool and a charmer for entertaining instead of focusing on blogs and stuff, basically you are not a clown as a staff, you are a worker as a staff, so that is why we didn't like the community to choose the staff one because if you liked that person personality doesn't mean that he could be responsible for staff, Tempus and Zerker know at least what to choose from staff because they know the staff shouldn't be funny guy, but he sould be at least contributive to something in that community, and I just noticed that most of the staff do maps for approval and their maps are good too because the admins wanted the staff to give a good suggestion for other map approving, in order to give good suggestions you need to be experienced too, and all of that means that the bad staff is the inexperienced person, so the staff must at least be good at 1 thing, like map approving or giving suggestions, being a supportive or good dealer with members and mute the annoying one.

So we better always to keep everything as it's and I don't think we can give any suggestions for admins or anything, so, in my opinion, admins know what are they doing, and I don't think we need to give any suggestion for staff approving, maybe remove inactive moderators cuz we had a lot of moderators though lol.

So what is your opinion about being a good staff, is it all that I said or something else that you have in your mind, let me know, feel free to participate, and thanks for reading.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Re: What a Good way to be a good staff ?

Postby Girl_Power » 16 December 2020, 22:36

FIrst rule to being a good staff: be like mrblake213
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 17 December 2020, 00:01

Hello. Interesting topic. I will write a nice reply for this one.

Also, before writing I would like to inform you I am NOT a PB2 staff member. I used to be a Head Moderator, however now I am unallowed to rejoin the team for obvious reasons to those who know the story. A member of Dark Clan is not a member of staff. It's also in my signature.

My 'Discord Staff' role is mostly honorary, because of my many years of work in the discord, ability to quickly react to catastrophes when I'm present, and (mostly) because the tools I make automate some staff work, allowing them to spend less time reacting to pointless polls.

'Good staff' Is a pretty subjective term. What a good staff is to one staff member may be completely different to another. For example, Tempus has always prided himself in his professional attitude, and positive attitude. Doomzerker has always been more community oriented, and less professional when talking with people who know him comfortably. Both Doomzerker and Tempus will both try to do their best for PB2, this is unquestioned. However, both may have different views of what is best for the game.

This applies to virtually every staff member. Many have their own ways of thinking and approaching things, and some can be very harsh with their staff tools, where others may rarely use them at all. Some staff pride themselves on being generous with giving second chances, such as me (when I was staff) and Tempus. Other staff simply believe the community is better off without certain members.

However, I didn't type all this up for nothing. I will explain my personal view of things.

Eric Gurt is the sole creator of PB2 and is quite possibly one of the most kind people I know, and I have never seen him angry over anything. Some of us have been in the presence of Eric for 8ish years. I remember when he could not speak English very well at all. Anyways, being that it is his game, website, and pretty much hobby, he pretty much has final say. Because of this when I was staff I approached him and asked how he wants staff to moderate the game, and their approach with using tools. 'I would like players to be able to have fun without being bothered. I mostyly want staff to step in when someone is trying to damage PB2 or is actually hurting/bullying someone.'
So for me, this would be what defines a good staff member. There are many good staff members, all for their own reasons. Their contributions to the community are sometimes revolutionary and other times unnoticed.

I would set that above requirement as the baseline for a good staff member. Any staff who does this and more would be an extraordinary staff member. Which would make the PB2 team as of RN possibly the most extraordinary team that has been seen. However, some of this enabled by Eric. Without their connection to him via the staff, it is more likely to never even be possible. (Of course don't let that fool you, the current staff is maybe the most talented and well equipped team of any age of PB2.)

Many years ago, I don't think staff had much communication with Eric at all. Very few people had a reliable stream of contact with him, that, or he wasn't well spoken enough in english to find the time to easily reply to players. This has largely changed. Eric can easily be contacted via twitter, and can be seen popping in the discord occasionally. I've even voice chatted (he was muted, but we played PB2).

Anyways, I think that PB2 may be nearing it's end. when flash dies in 2020, it will be nearly impossible to profit off of ad revenue. I don't know what will result of the situation. If the game is ready to die, it will likely be clear. Eric will probably want a peaceful and celebrated end to the game, which I think the community should do him good and provide should that happen.

However some staff may think that the game should continue, as will much of the community. In order for this to be these staff should probably rally and start pushing the PB2 launcher much more heavily, fully utilizing the widely available tools. This may be to you the right move of a good staff member. Many staff seem prepared to continue in the community for years waiting for PB3, when polled in the PB2 Discord.

It's a pretty nuanced subject. What do you think?
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby eru_ » 18 December 2020, 18:46

If I was a staff, I would protect abused/bullied members the most, and probably I would be as strict as Wasted time and as lenient as ditzy, I would not let a single member abused in my existence, I would roast/destroy the bad people, and if there is an argument, I would play the role of sociologist to fix the problem between them and not be reckless to instantly mute
I would not make fun of any member because I'm staff. Adding to that I would give the punished members several chances
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby mokaal » 18 December 2020, 21:59

It really depends on the staff team system, your rank limitations, what you can do and what you cannot do and etc,

If you wish to be an average staff without being in risk of being suspended then you have to be under the following:

Be mature
Be professional
Be honest, and don't lie to member or your superior.
Try your best to avoid things which shouldn't be posted in either Discord or PB2 matches ( this one is based on what rank you want to be PB2 or Discord staff inside PB2 )
Become friendly to everyone, regardless of their group origin and skin color ( Keep your negative opinion on specific group for yourself or share it with people who you trust )
And do not become corrupt.

Hope you understand!
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Ayano » 19 December 2020, 15:08

Be yourself.
Don't need to be super strict or super lenient.
Just know when and how to respond on certain situations.
The staff to me simply just users with a different color and their responsibility is the community itself.
I don't expect the best staff member to ever exist.
But it doesn't mean a great staff team won't exist, where one falls short the other members are there to help out.
From all the games I've played, PB 2 Staff team is pretty special to me ngl.

No community No responsibility am i rite
I am best staff
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby 271828182846 » 7 February 2021, 16:05

Ayano wrote:....

It seems that the premise of "being yourself" is not in line with what is described next. If "being yourself" is understood as an existential existence then all work ethics, work etiquette, and even common sense will not be stated as an existence of "being yourself". Therefore it is better to "being yourself" to be eliminated, because in fact being a staff cannot "be yourself", because you have to follow what are called "manners" to be a staff, therefore being a staff is just not "be yourself".

Postby Master Chief 0 » 9 February 2021, 16:36

271828182846 wrote:
Ayano wrote:....

It seems that the premise of "being yourself" is not in line with what is described next. If "being yourself" is understood as an existential existence then all work ethics, work etiquette, and even common sense will not be stated as an existence of "being yourself". Therefore it is better to "being yourself" to be eliminated, because in fact being a staff cannot "be yourself", because you have to follow what are called "manners" to be a staff, therefore being a staff is just not "be yourself".

You absolutely understood that very WRONG! You can properly be yourself and you can have a bit of control over your ethics in order to follow your manners, I've seen some staff that has extensional manner toward being in control of themselves, overall it's just an opinion, also asking of being a good staff by being yourself seems would be worse without controlling it and then you can tell me if that way was wrong.

ONTOPIC: I was a bad person so I can't give a piece of good advice on being a good staff.
so what then, i think I will quit and leave this community but before I will complete my objective for sure then I will announce my retirement.
Master Chief 0
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby 271828182846 » 10 February 2021, 08:18

Master Chief 0 wrote:....

I'm happy with your answer my friend, but the existence of "being yourself" is a cellular unification in the specialty of work. If something considers "being yourself" which is held in one act, there will be a real overlap, something should be able to carry out cellularity to separate it, even eliminate "being yourself" due to uncontrolled corruption that can destroy that existence. In conclusion, we have to do something co-existentially, thank you :D :D :D .

Postby YRN4LYFE » 23 February 2021, 16:23

The current staff team aside for a few issues is good, I usually have fast replies when i dm them. They usually solve my issues. But i don't think being 16+ is really a way to be a good staff member, Given that's the lowest age you can become a moderator. But yeah i can agree with you on the other ways. Wasted in general however just has a lower acceptance level when it comes to deliciously exquisite pizza sauce up in a discord server which isn't always a good thing but the dude is reasonable. Zapuder also doesn't own the pb2 discord doomzerker does.

YRN4LYFE
Recruit

Return to General Discussion