[HOW TO] Self Boost! (Tip)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

[HOW TO] Self Boost! (Tip)

Postby Eyer » 30 November 2020, 05:46

Alright.

I suggest you watch my vid: not here anymore (edited)
To understand more.

[Taken From Youtube]

STEP 1. ALWAYS HOLD "X" WHEN YOU ARE MOVING.

STEP 2. BLADE WITH YOUR SWORD BLADES WHILE SELF-BOOSTING.

STEP 3. PLEASE PUT YOUR FPS TO "60" (SUGGESTED) . BUT IT DEPENDS ON YOU AND BASED ON YOUR SKILLS.

STEP 4. HAVE FUN AND GET USED TO IT! ENJOY.

Also please let me know if what to suggest when self boosting. I know there's so many of these forums but overall I think this is the perfect Discussion for Self Boost. 8) :D
Last edited by Eyer on 24 March 2021, 06:15, edited 1 time in total.
" If you are gonna try, then try . "

" A gaming pc is a gaming pc and that matters to me . "

And yes

Eyer
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: [HOW TO] Self Boost! (Tip)

Postby Eyer » 30 November 2020, 05:48

Also let me know if I am wrong at Self Boosting!

And yes

Eyer
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Prox_y » 30 November 2020, 05:50

Nice tutorial...

I already know how to self boost...

It only in a way might be useful at times since you know? Self boosting is great and all but sometimes you might find players capable of sniping you in mid-air at times... So it's not always ideal to self boost all the time in terms of competitive side...

Also... Fall damage can be problematic at times when players don't quite know how to handle it too... But I guess it's part of the experience too... In terms of learning how to avoid fall damage...

Nice video tutorial too... Good for teaching new players too...

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Stryde » 30 November 2020, 05:58

I think most of this community understands how to selfboost by now

Also FYI, FPS60 selfboosting is not as good as FPS30 selfboost, FPS30 will always nearly send you higher into the air after selfboosting over FPS60

Stryde

Postby Prox_y » 30 November 2020, 06:06

I guess it would depend on performance too...

Different settings may differ for each player which also includes their self boosting capabilities too...

Also usually using low physics gives a better way of self boosting or at least a more better self boost then high physics but due to the updates in the past where self boost was changed... It is no longer quite tied to low physics anymore unless playing on custom maps where you would find that approved maps have a self boost increase for high physics unlike low physics... Though that alone may or may not make self boosting stronger for high physics... So there's a chance low physics may bear better then high physics... Obviously in custom maps you do have or may have to use low physics to self boost unlike high physics which only works in approved maps in terms of self boosting in high physics... Even then there would be a case where players could self boost in high physics... Perhaps even better then low physics? I don't know though... Could be low physics though...

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Eyer » 30 November 2020, 06:44

Prox_y wrote:Nice tutorial...

I already know how to self boost...

It only in a way might be useful at times since you know? Self boosting is great and all but sometimes you might find players capable of sniping you in mid-air at times... So it's not always ideal to self boost all the time in terms of competitive side...

Also... Fall damage can be problematic at times when players don't quite know how to handle it too... But I guess it's part of the experience too... In terms of learning how to avoid fall damage...

Nice video tutorial too... Good for teaching new players too...

Stryde wrote:I think most of this community understands how to selfboost by now

Also FYI, FPS60 selfboosting is not as good as FPS30 selfboost, FPS30 will always nearly send you higher into the air after selfboosting over FPS60

FPS 30 is alright overall 60 FPS to me is better.

Interesting..

And yes

Eyer
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby nightmar » 30 November 2020, 06:58

30 FPS might lead to some serious fps drop where the player will be unable to selfboost at all. In those cases 60 FPS is better.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Stryde » 30 November 2020, 07:14

nightmar wrote:

30 FPS might lead to some serious fps drop where the player will be unable to selfboost at all. In those cases 60 FPS is better.

I guess I should have spoken in terms of context: Yes, FPS30 will send you higher, it's good for selfboost-driven obstacle course maps, but in combat, I'd rather have FPS60, because I can sacrifice a tiny bit of selfboosting height in favor of smoother gameplay

Stryde

Postby Prox_y » 30 November 2020, 08:10

Stryde wrote:
nightmar wrote:

I guess I should have spoken in terms of context: Yes, FPS30 will send you higher, it's good for selfboost-driven obstacle course maps, but in combat, I'd rather have FPS60, because I can sacrifice a tiny bit of selfboosting height in favor of smoother gameplay

Yeah that is also true... I also find that at times using high physics is sometimes great for combat then low physics at times...

Prox_y
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Gashadokuro » 2 December 2020, 16:05

Nice thread, I never had a good grasp of it.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby strato026 » 3 December 2020, 09:43

I hope selfboost in PB 2.5 is equal to both FPS options. I guess Eric made this way because of compatible issues.
strato026
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: [HOW TO] Self Boost!

Postby mohamed2013 » 3 December 2020, 15:08

Selfboost fps depends , if u have good pc
Low graphics with 60 fps is enough
If you have old pc or bad quality, then fps 30 will help.
That's just an example.
Maybe fps 30 might work for new good pc
SIGNATURE test
mohamed2013
Recruit

Postby Nyove » 3 December 2020, 16:40

Hey everyone,

(Low physics always wins in non-approved maps in terms of selfboosting. Physics does not matter in approved / ranked, since every player's physics defaults to HIGH.)

If PB2 runs smoothly for you in 60 FPS, then 30 FPS is the FPS to achieve the highest possible height for selfboosting.

(May not have the best explanation or accuracy..)
The reason why different FPS settings have a different impact on your selfboosting experience is because of how the game works. The game runs on a infinite loop, constantly calculating the state of the game and player inputs. This is known as a game tick.

PB2's game tick is directly correlated to your FPS. This means, calculations that happens in-game depends on your FPS. The higher your FPS, the more frequent the game computes the next game state.

You can easily test this by standing in a damaging pusher. With 20 FPS you take lesser damage when compared to 60 FPS in the same amount of time (like in 2 seconds). This is because in 60 FPS, the game calculates more frequently, causing more deduction of your hitpoints when compared to 20 FPS.

With 30 FPS, the same reasoning can be apply to selfboost. Because of lower FPS, there are lesser game ticks / second, which means your character speed reduces slower when compared to a high FPS.

If you are interested in the inner workings of games you may wanna check out this cool reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comm ... _rate_lag/

Explains concepts like entity interpolation and extrapolation (smoothing character movement through prediction - which results in players teleporting and tricks ranked players used like shadow walking), lag compensation, and much more.

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby strato026 » 3 December 2020, 17:11

Oh so it doesn't change the game's main loop delay but the overall flash cycle? Interesting.
strato026
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Yex » 4 December 2020, 02:16

Nyove wrote:Hey everyone,

(Low physics always wins in non-approved maps in terms of selfboosting. Physics does not matter in approved / ranked, since every player's physics defaults to HIGH.)

If PB2 runs smoothly for you in 60 FPS, then 30 FPS is the FPS to achieve the highest possible height for selfboosting.

(May not have the best explanation or accuracy..)
The reason why different FPS settings have a different impact on your selfboosting experience is because of how the game works. The game runs on a infinite loop, constantly calculating the state of the game and player inputs. This is known as a game tick.

PB2's game tick is directly correlated to your FPS. This means, calculations that happens in-game depends on your FPS. The higher your FPS, the more frequent the game computes the next game state.

You can easily test this by standing in a damaging pusher. With 20 FPS you take lesser damage when compared to 60 FPS in the same amount of time (like in 2 seconds). This is because in 60 FPS, the game calculates more frequently, causing more deduction of your hitpoints when compared to 20 FPS.

With 30 FPS, the same reasoning can be apply to selfboost. Because of lower FPS, there are lesser game ticks / second, which means your character speed reduces slower when compared to a high FPS.

If you are interested in the inner workings of games you may wanna check out this cool reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comm ... _rate_lag/

Explains concepts like entity interpolation and extrapolation (smoothing character movement through prediction - which results in players teleporting and tricks ranked players used like shadow walking), lag compensation, and much more.

Best regards,
Nyove

Ok, I guess that's why when I use 30 or 20 fps I apparently able to tank shots at times thanks to it according to other players but the issue is that 30 or 20 fps is slower then 60 fps then again, due to 20 or 30 fps being smaller then 60 fps it also causes the screen of the gameplay to be quite laggy and not smooth compared to 60 fps which already shows that 60 fps is dominance here is because it allows smooth screen display then 20 or 30 which tends to have laggy screen of the gameplay even though 20 or 30 seems to give you a boost but it also makes the screen display quite laggy and choppy. Perhaps it is tied to what players may have since it depends on players and what is their dominance settings though... Who knows maybe 20 FPS is always OP cause I remember using it back in the old days of PB2 before uh updates that have completely changed it...
Now I really want to die. Just to get out of this embarrassment.
Don't talk to me.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby lptj1027 » 23 January 2021, 00:30

Self boosting has always been an important part in PB2, but yeah; its much easier in 30fps mode. 60fps makes you try harder and gives you a higher chance of taking fall damage due to you not being fully able to selfboost properly.
lptj1027
Recruit

Return to General Discussion