The most issue that cause lag on PB2 MP?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

The most issue that cause lag on PB2 MP?

Postby broforce1 » 10 September 2020, 07:41

Hello!

Fact: As you might know, Minecraft can handle more than 200+ players, but when Minecraft got updates, it cant handle more players anymore, and that's a fact.

And the purpose on that topic is to discuss the game lag and whatever, the things that made the PB2 MP lags so much, well, I want to admit, PB2 didn't have that big amount of lag like before, however, the game always lag even before the game was evolved, and got more updates, and properly, there are a lot of problems and reasons why PB2 lag that much, it could be these problems below, as I know:

-bad connection
-high ping (or high latency)
-low settings, (low physics)
-your country is too way far from the server connection
-game updates
-the game didn't have a lot of work on the MP as much as the SP as well
-a lot of people uses the internet which is quite heavy for the internet to handle

but on that topic, we are talking generally, so, no matter what it makes pb2 lags, all of the problems are connected to each other, not just only one problem, there is more than one problem could cause, games had a lot of issues that made itself lags, most of the games that have the most complex issue, and it's just the bad connection as well, and all of these other problems just make it worse, so the bad connection is the main problem, some games would have problems with the updates or big amount of players, so take a look at Minecraft, the game is working fine, but what it makes it lags is just your bad connection, a lot of players joined the server, and also the game updates.

properly if you made a lot of players join a match, it will be laggy as well, sometimes if your ping is high you may have issues, game updates would make the game lag fixing and the bug fixing much harder because game updates may add more things and so the dev would need a lot of time to figure out what to do so, but I felt that PB2 is very unique and different than the other games we know, eric said on twitter PB2.5 won't have a lot of issues on MP and i hope so, and also I think that he said that you can join more closer servers I think, and I think the main problems that made PB2 laggy:

-high ping (could be caused by bad connection due to the server connection)
-game updates (makes the game much harder to define how to fix the bugs as well)
-a lot of players joined the same match, which it can cause more lag to the game match itself
- for maps, a lot of triggers and unnecessary chunks added, which it makes lags

other than that, the one 1 st problem is the bad connection.

other facts:
-ping or the latency above 300 or 400 cause lag
-fewer players avoid lags a little bit
-game updates may add more chunks and stuff to the game
-getting closer to your router is better
-internet speed could be the problems
-connecting the Ethernet Cables makes the internet responds faster and better as I think
-closing a lot of things on your computer will avoid lag on your PC, Browsers are the most thing that takes a big amount of place on your PC

-PB2 staff banned all people who use VPN, VPN could decrease your ping on MP, so it will be unfair to other players who don't use VPN at all, also this is another fact why PB2 staff will ban anybody who uses the VPN on the PB2 --official website too

so after all of that, what really makes PB2 lags that much, is it possible that it's coming out from the game updates, or the game didn't have a lot of work, or it's just your bad connection cause high ping, so in my opinion, the bad connection is the problem, and the other problems just make it worse, and so, what do you think?
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Re: The most issue that cause lag on PB2 MP?

Postby nightmar » 10 September 2020, 12:02

From what I noticed, a really big part of the current lag (probably most of it) comes from the game's updates. PB2 is a really heavy game when you take into consideration that it is a flash game. So the more stuff you put in it the laggier it becomes.
For example before the last major update I would walways play with 30 fps and I had almost no lag. The only time I would encounter lag was when I was playing at a full 16 player match while everyone was blasting at each other at the same time. Not even 20 fps lagged that much.
But now I always need to stay at 60 fps (ever since the update of course) otherwise I will fall victum of some really terrible lag. It is so bad that even though I use 60 fps some times I can not even selfboost from the amount of lag. And that's in normal maps with few people. I do not dare say how bad it becomes when there is a full server.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 10 September 2020, 12:30

It's everyone using the internet cos of Corona 19, the Covid Virus.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby broforce1 » 10 September 2020, 16:14

nightmar wrote:From what I noticed, a really big part of the current lag (probably most of it) comes from the game's updates. PB2 is a really heavy game when you take into consideration that it is a flash game. So the more stuff you put in it the laggier it becomes.
For example before the last major update I would walways play with 30 fps and I had almost no lag. The only time I would encounter lag was when I was playing at a full 16 player match while everyone was blasting at each other at the same time. Not even 20 fps lagged that much.
But now I always need to stay at 60 fps (ever since the update of course) otherwise I will fall victum of some really terrible lag. It is so bad that even though I use 60 fps some times I can not even selfboost from the amount of lag. And that's in normal maps with few people. I do not dare say how bad it becomes when there is a full server.

i also forgot, FPS won't work properly sometimes, because apparently i'm not sure if some old PCs dont know how to deal with the low or the high FPS as well, it could be pointless for old PCs tho.

also i still dont know why i encounter more lag on ranked matches and improved maps.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby ECC9 » 10 September 2020, 21:05

servers‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby mrblake213 » 11 September 2020, 03:15

The game's been running for at least 7 years now.
Coolbuddy is the one handling the servers.

I think it was said before that the Washington server was removed to save money.
From that sentence alone you can see the state on how Coolbuddy runs the servers.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Return to General Discussion