Custom models for guns?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Custom models for guns?

Postby MistySerendipity » 9 August 2020, 11:07

Hi! I was wondering how people added custom models to weapons as I have seen it on some maps and was wondering how it is done so i can do it for my maps. I haven't played in a while and I had to make a new account.

MistySerendipity

Re: Custom models for guns?

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 10 August 2020, 03:50

Do this in the ADVANCED LEVEL EDITOR.
You will need (in the editor, not in real life):

A decoration.
    A gun.
    One or more timers.
    One or more triggers.

Step 1: Create a decoration, scroll down, and use the search box find a gun model you like. Use trigger actions to scale the decoration as needed (read step 5 to create a timer+trigger). Sometimes scaling and/or offset (I'll get to that) parameters are listed in the title of the decor model, so you can just follow those. I recommend you have the decoration draw in front.

Step 2: Select the decoration. You should be able to see parameters labeled "x offset" and "y offset" in the information panel on the right. They are set to 0 by default. Adjust them to make the decoration model shift up, down, left, or right. This will allow you to achieve the perfect alignment so that your character is actually grabbing the right parts of the gun instead of just thin air. You can use decimal numbers if you are and OCD perfectionist kinda guy.

Step 3: Create a gun. Open up the list of models and scroll to the bottom, selecting the invisible gun option. That's that.

Step 4: Now to actually attach the decoration to the gun. This is where the timers and triggers come in.
    Create a timer. Set the delay to 0 and give it infinite calls.
    Create a trigger. Make sure the timer is connected to it, and give it infinite calls. Use the trigger action: "Move, rotate, and flip decor 'A' to gun 'B'." Make sure you have the decoration and gun created and connected to the trigger action.
    Put down a character, a platform, and run the level. Your character should be able to pick up the gun, and the decoration should be attached to it.

Step 5: Adjust the offset and scale as needed. Create another timer with a delay of 0, a trigger, and connect the two together (this is not required, but I recommend it to keep organized). Do NOT give them infinite calls. Use gun modification trigger actions to change things like the gun's speed (firing rate), damage (or power), firing sound, projectile type, and projectile model. I won't elaborate for now. If you can't grasp these concepts on your own, then I can show you in a map. You can include a trigger action here for changing the decoration's scale.

If you followed the directions, then it should work! If not, then report the problem(s) and I'll see what went wrong.
This link might be useful in step 5:
https://plazmaburst.miraheze.org/wiki/L ... ile_models

If all else fails, PM me and I'll give you an open sourced map. It's okay if you can't understand everything. That's what this forum and open sourced maps are for.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby nightmar » 10 August 2020, 13:20

https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=981899
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=990132

The above maps show how to create a custom gun. Adding a custom image to a gun is in the process of that. Hope I was helpful
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 10 August 2020, 14:39

Yeah, what he said.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie

Return to General Discussion