What Was PB2 Like At Its Peak?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What Was PB2 Like At Its Peak?

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 31 July 2020, 19:57

Anyone still around to answer this?
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: What Was PB2 Like At Its Peak?

Postby phsc » 31 July 2020, 22:15

active
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 31 July 2020, 23:51

How many times more active compared to now?
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby phsc » 1 August 2020, 02:09

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:How many times more active compared to now?

2012:

2020:
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Girl_Power » 1 August 2020, 02:18

We should get mingo1 and Tempus to answer this since they joined in 2011.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby nightmar » 1 August 2020, 03:22

If I remember correctly (I have been here since 2011 so I might get the years wrong) the game's peak should be around 2014-2015. Around that time we had 4 servers, 3 of which belonged to the USA. In each of the servers ou'd find about 200 players, expcet the USA1 (the current USA server) where players usually were 4000+). There were all types of matches active. You could join whatever type of map you wanted at any time. Not to mention that toxicity was a lot less visible than today. The clans also were great back then. They actually taught people stuff in the game and it was funny to be caught up in some war they would make in a random map. Generally, pb2 was at it's greatest form, in every way (except if we count the afterwards updates in skins weapons etc).
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby phsc » 1 August 2020, 18:44

nightmar wrote:If I remember correctly (I have been here since 2011 so I might get the years wrong) the game's peak should be around 2014-2015. Around that time we had 4 servers, 3 of which belonged to the USA. In each of the servers ou'd find about 200 players, expcet the USA1 (the current USA server) where players usually were 4000+). There were all types of matches active. You could join whatever type of map you wanted at any time. Not to mention that toxicity was a lot less visible than today. The clans also were great back then. They actually taught people stuff in the game and it was funny to be caught up in some war they would make in a random map. Generally, pb2 was at it's greatest form, in every way (except if we count the afterwards updates in skins weapons etc).

2011-2013 were the peak years, number-wise, according to Eric Gurt, and that also goes with my experience, 2015 was already pretty dead no way it was one of the peak years, just because there were more servers it does not mean the game was more active or had more players, 2014-2015 was not the greatest year for clans as well, EKAT was barely a thing in 2015, it was when clans shifted from numbers to skill in general, which I do not think represents what is generally considered the peak of the game, the game did not average 4000+ players in 2014-2015 as well, that only could happen in 2011-2013, a good way to get confirmation of this is correlating account creation date (which is often wrong) with user ID and checking when most users joined, you can also correlate that with the amount of users that play, and you can also go by what Eric has said in the past, which agrees with what I said.
PB2 was not in it's greatest form, the level editor was very limited, mostly before 2013, 2014-2015 did not get many updates as well, barely any at all, mostly compared to more modern years, and that was a thing I believe was core to the decline of the game.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby xgek » 2 August 2020, 10:20

You basically met new people every match, it was hard to find the same people.
I even had trouble finding my friends in matches since there were so many
xgek
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mingo1 » 2 August 2020, 23:11

What was it like? It was a joy to explore the new and innovative maps of players... but it's always been like that. PB2 at its peak was, in essence, PB2 today but more active (like phsc said sort of jokingly w his one word response lol). Early on, all kinds of theme-based custom maps dominated the servers like ghost vs. civil, saw, race, base/school maps, parkour, zombies, etc. etc. It was just really, really fun to join a random game and play an interesting custom map, again, like today. For approved maps, a lot of Max Teabag/Eric Gurt maps, railwars maps, and sniper maps were played. PB2 also got a lot of traction on YouTube - theROMGamers were huge at the time w videos that got hundreds of thousands of views, bringing attention to PB2. "What was it like" is really general, so this is about the most I can offer you

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Return to General Discussion