Do you think that pb3 can learn anything from Raze series?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Postby BLAST3R » 31 May 2020, 12:27

With pb2.5/3 being in development, do you think that Eric can add anything/or be inspired on the Raze series to the game?

Double jumping, jump pads and slopes are the first things that come to my mind when asked this question.
But I also think that equipment and abilities can be used for sp maps.

What are your thoughts about this?

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Do you think that pb3 can learn anything from Raze serie

Postby Girl_Power » 31 May 2020, 20:15

BLAST3R wrote:With pb2.5/3 being in development, do you think that Eric can add anything/or be inspired on the Raze series to the game?

Yes, I think Eric can take inspiration from the Raze series considering how well the Raze games were made.

BLAST3R wrote:Double jumping

Double jumping could be a neat feature added to PB2.5/PB3 although it could be used for cheating in approved/ranked matches.

BLAST3R wrote:jump pads

PB2 gravitators are kinda like the jump pads in the Raze series. So I don't see a point in adding jump pads from Raze. (People can also submit Raze jump pads in the custom decors)

BLAST3R wrote:slopes

Eric Gurt actually mentioned this on his Twitter page. This feature could potentially cause a lot of bugs and problems and also would be a huge update and a lot of work for Eric to do. Slopes are not easy to be implemented.

BLAST3R wrote:But I also think that equipment and abilities can be used for sp maps.

Great idea! I'm all in for this approach. Though Eric should credit the Raze creators if he decides to take inspiration from the Raze series.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 1 June 2020, 03:53

It's technically possible for Eric to add Raze 2 mechanics into PB3. What he cannot do is use specific content in the game like putting weapon models from raze into plazma burst due to copyright.

Of course, but I think Raze can learn more from Plazma burst rather than vice versa
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 2 June 2020, 13:47

IforgotmypasswordHaHAA wrote:It's technically possible for Eric to add Raze 2 mechanics into PB3. What he cannot do is use specific content in the game like putting weapon models from raze into plazma burst due to copyright.

Of course, but I think Raze can learn more from Plazma burst rather than vice versa

im pretty sure raze isn't even getting a new game
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby yizhe » 3 June 2020, 08:07

BLAST3R wrote:But I also think that equipment and abilities can be used for sp maps.

For abilities wise, i actually had a chat with eric in game few months ago about getting inspiration from sfh3 abilities. He did mention that he did not like the idea as there would be balancing issues. But hopefully he could find some way around it.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 3 June 2020, 08:13

yizhe wrote:there would be balancing issues.

I wonder what does he exactly mean by that, does he mean balance on multiplayer competitive matches or the overall game? there are many ways to workaround that and I don't see that as an excuse to limit yourself into not adding something new into the game.

*Update the approved map rules so the new mechanic is not allowed
*Make a trigger that disables/enables the mechanic
*Make the mechanic disabled by default so if you wish to implement it just update your map with a trigger that enables it, meaning that old maps that hypotecally wouldnt work as intended in a design standpoint because of the precense of this new mechanic wont be affected by the implementation of it.

Sounds like a lot of work for it, but certainly balance is not the problem here, unless I missed something here.

Edit: also lmao doublepost again because I wanted to edit it yikes.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to General Discussion