What is PB2's skill gap?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What is PB2's skill gap?

Postby mingo1 » 28 April 2020, 02:12

What would you say is PB2's skill gap nowadays?

Also, how is the skill gap today different from previous years?

Let me know!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Re: What is PB2's skill gap?

Postby Sniper J » 28 April 2020, 05:36

Everyone is doodoo

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby mingo1 » 28 April 2020, 06:33

Sniper J wrote:Everyone is doodoo

Holy...

I know this isn't a serious reply, but I think though that today the competitiveness has lessened. If you spend a few days learning things like self-boosting and "flying" per say, you can immediately be pretty dominant in the game, or at least do well enough to not go negative in ranked/unranked matches

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Build » 28 April 2020, 07:30

mingo1 wrote:
Holy...

I know this isn't a serious reply, but I think though that today the competitiveness has lessened. If you spend a few days learning things like self-boosting and "flying" per say, you can immediately be pretty dominant in the game, or at least do well enough to not go negative in ranked/unranked matches

:)

self-boosting still doesn't make u dominant especially when its the new netcode
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby AnnieFushi » 28 April 2020, 16:12

really. ill be honest. and this is my opinion: F**K THE PLAYERS THAT SELFBOOST A LOT, THAT'S NOT FAIR YOU F***ING BIRD WANNABES AAAAAAAAA (not intended to offend anyone btw)

AnnieFushi
Recruit

Postby EOw » 29 April 2020, 18:30

mingo1 wrote:What would you say is PB2's skill gap nowadays?

Also, how is the skill gap today different from previous years?

Let me know!

:D

What do you mean by skill gap?

EOw
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mingo1 » 29 April 2020, 21:26

EOw wrote:What do you mean by skill gap?

You can think of it in different ways. Primarily, skill gap in games is the skill difference between a completely new player and the best players in the game. I'm basically asking how wide you guys think that difference is in PB2. In other words, do you think it's complicated to learn and get good at PB2? Do you think new players can quickly learn the mechanics that make the best players in PB2 as good as they are?
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Pixelbyte » 1 May 2020, 01:49

with the new mp the skill ceiling has been cut down a lot. if you have good aim and movement chances are you're pretty close to hitting the skill ceiling already

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mingo1 » 1 May 2020, 06:49

Pixelbyte wrote:with the new mp the skill ceiling has been cut down a lot. if you have good aim and movement chances are you're pretty close to hitting the skill ceiling already

I like this answer! I actually agree. Especially since PB2 is a 2D browser game, all you really need to do today in my opinion is click on your target and you're getting the kill!
mingo1
Administrator

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 1 May 2020, 07:52

I find it pretty hard to self boost and shoot, mainly because the so called ''map designers'' don't bother to make the weapon slots easy to use; press 4 to switch to sniper, 0 to switch to sword, and if you use a mousewheel you may have to roll twice since a defibrilator may be on the middle of the inventory) I find it pretty complicated to do this in a short window of time. In short, it takes time to get used to it, but it's more about overcoming the clunkyness of a mechanic than actually expressing your skill, something as vague as muscle memory required to do something that could be done without it if the map and game were designed properly.

Aiming on the other hand takes some skill as well although maybe some RGN comes at play since the bullet doesn't always land where you aim, but I may be wrong about that.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Girl_Power » 2 May 2020, 01:11

Well you basically have the legends of PB2, then you got the ones who are good, the ones who are okay, the ones who are bad, and the ones who are absolute doodoo at the game.

^Pretty much sums things up^
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby chaos dragon » 5 May 2020, 05:46

Girl_Power wrote:Well you basically have the legends of PB2, then you got the ones who are good, the ones who are okay, the ones who are bad, and the ones who are absolute doodoo at the game.

^Pretty much sums things up^

Well no shit.

Its oddly addicting to play a game where you just aim for your target then kill it then you're starting to improve, I was skilled at old multiplayer but it feels like not the same anymore, Since when self boost was hard?

AnnieFushi wrote:really. ill be honest. and this is my opinion: F**K THE PLAYERS THAT SELFBOOST A LOT, THAT'S NOT FAIR YOU F***ING BIRD WANNABES AAAAAAAAA (not intended to offend anyone btw)

"F**K THE PLAYERS THAT SELFBOOST A LOT, THAT'S NOT FAIR YOU F***ING BIRD WANNABES"

"not intended to offend anyone btw"

I love the irony.
See you in a decade.
chaos dragon
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby NeonCat-1 » 6 May 2020, 11:45

laggers is the kings of game,you shooting,they lag,they shooting and lag,bullet hitting you.

NeonCat-1
Recruit

Return to General Discussion