PB2's future?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

PB2's future?

Postby Charlie 5 Lives » 6 January 2020, 06:02

It has probably been 5 years since I (properly) played Plazma Burst 2. In that time that I did, I took the time to learn mapmaking for this game, which was my first mapmaking experience for any multiplayer game. Glad to say because of PB2 I've expanded onto mapmaking for other games such as TF2, CSGO, Heroes of Might and Magic, whatever has a mapmaker pretty much lol

Now from what I know Flash is said to be removed sometime this year and immediately I thought of PB2. Chances are this post has been made many times before but I'm curious what will happen for PB2.

Will it be "ported" to HTML5 or something else? Will it have its own application? What would that app run on? Will custom maps be affected by this if there's a port? I barely get to check in on this game and I'm curious to see how it will go.

Just curious to see what the future for this game is and if Eric has plans or made plans ahead of time.
Charlie 5 Lives
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: PB2's future?

Postby daft punk 777 » 6 January 2020, 06:51

man today is 6th january of 2020 . and nothing happend XD
i think we will just continue to play XD
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby ditzy » 6 January 2020, 07:57

You can download the standalone client for PB2! Most of PB2's functionality is there, so it's worth a try.

Flash seems to be scheduled to be removed by the end of 2020, so you still have some time.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Charlie 5 Lives » 7 January 2020, 06:36

ditzy wrote:You can download the standalone client for PB2! Most of PB2's functionality is there, so it's worth a try.

Flash seems to be scheduled to be removed by the end of 2020, so you still have some time.

Oh sweet! Didn't even know that was a thing. Must've been really blind. One whole year for it to work, so that's also good. But is there still plans for it to exist-- Or rather function-- even after Flash goes away?

Also genuinely curious if it gets updates do I need to reinstall it or if it updates itself
Charlie 5 Lives
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Eric Gurt » 7 January 2020, 11:47

There are some possible outcomes of Flash being removed from browsers. One of obvious ones is that game might just move to offline Flash projector, Adobe AIR, or even ported to HTML5 (last option could take much more time and I'm not sure if I'll be doing that at the same time as working on 2.5/3).

Current .exe version does not automatically update itself, Adobe AIR version could be doing that though.

Advanced Level Editor is done with HTML5 so it will continue to work in browser.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby astrodex pl » 27 November 2020, 09:24

there are 3 scenarios after release of pb2.5
1 death of pb2
2 more pb2 players cuz people have weak computer and they cant play pb2.5
3 pb series got popular so people going to play pb2

sry for eng
My purpose makes more sense when i look at insanity around that world
astrodex pl

Postby mokaal » 27 November 2020, 10:14

My predicted scenarios would be:

Both PB2 and PB2.5 would still be alive, but one main difference is that PB2.5 gets more updates than PB 2

Most of players with good PC would migrate to PB2.5 but still there will be some players staying at PB 2 thanks to the outdated PC system

Majority of clans would either focus in PB2.5 or stay inside PB 2 because they're used to the system and gameplay, despite Eric said that PB2.5 would have clans systems

Retired clans would either return again or won't do anything, mostly because they had enough of PB2 toxicity, new generation players ( 2018/2019-2020 )
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal

Postby ToxicGamePL » 27 November 2020, 12:39

Eric said PB2.5 runs really well even on a low-end pc, so unless your pc is a potato, FPS won't be much of a problem
Nope.
ToxicGamePL
Recruit

Postby Girl_Power » 27 November 2020, 23:53

Honestly, I'm not sure. PB2 won't be able to be played on browser because Flash is gone by the end of December so the only way to play PB2 would be downloading it onto your PC and playing it on the standalone version. I have a strong feeling that once Flash dies entirely by the end of December, PB2 will lose many players because younger players won't know how to install and open the PB2 standalone version. In other words, PB2 will lose many players by the end of 2020 before the next installment even comes out.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Return to General Discussion