About automated bans

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

About automated bans

Postby mrblake213 » 16 November 2019, 05:08

There currently is an automated system ban on where it bans a player when they say offensive words excessively.

The purpose is to deal less with ban evading players who come to matches just to flood curse words. Partially to decrease what some players would call "toxicity" but not extremely. As a result system would normally only react to excessive usage of offensive words. Variety of offensive words have different influence and it might be their combination what caused ban.

How it works: any general curse that player can type as a reaction game event and even be slightly over the top is fine and automatic ban wouldn't be triggered. If a user keeps asking somebody for intercourse in a rude form, that's what most probably will trigger the system quickly. But then again, not instantly. If a user talks about profits of slavery while it clearly does not look like a joke that can happen in roleplay games, that can also cause ban.

You can get banned if you say some phrases or words repeatedly, something like "wulf you are fat" is around 2 times. Something like "GET YO ASS BACK IN SLAVERY G A N**" is 1 time. Something like "f you" can be said around 20 times within time span of few minutes so this one will mostly just increase ban chances when used together with other words or phrases.

Any of the recent changes do not aim to ban existing players, but rather ones who manage to evade their bans just to break rules and offend players. Eric wouldn't implement a system just so he would ruin the experience of players.

If you have any support needed that is directed to the staff team, please use the support center.
plazmaburst2.com/support

I've opened this topic up to get the community's thoughts. Feel free to drop any comments if you agree or disagree with the current system and how could we improve it. Please be constructive when giving out criticism.

credits to eric for the information
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Re: About automated bans

Postby Flop » 16 November 2019, 05:16

can you get banned if you say nutbag or freaking or heck

Flop

Postby mrblake213 » 16 November 2019, 05:19

Flop wrote:can you get banned if you say nutbag or freaking or heck

I personally do not have the list of blacklisted words. Only Eric has them and is currently updating the list if he receives feedback about it.

So, I'm not really sure. I think all the general and common offensive words are listed but these won't trigger a ban immediately. You need to use them excessively to get a 2-5 day ban.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Kranos » 16 November 2019, 05:55

Swearing as a whole should be allowed, if you don't want someone to call you a bad word; there is literally a profanity filter in the settings. I know there are under-age and retarded people who cry when they get called "deliciously exquisite pizza sauce noob" If you don't like it then tough luck mate, there should be no bans or mutes for any bad words or anything like that, there should be an option for a strict profanity filter which would censor words like "slave" and things like that for absolute children. The Discord server allows swearing, children break Discord ToS and have accounts under 13 and see that shit anyway. If you want to ban people for it, just get rid of the filter option. People will call you crap and you end up getting banned for straight up deliciously exquisite pizza sauce roasting their ass. If you got rid of the auto-bans it might even make moderators / admins be more active, since they would have to come on PB2, see someone deliciously exquisite pizza sauce doing their gay ERP and ban them. (Pointed at some staff, Mr Blake, Darkstar and Doom are mostly active, so no problems with them.) The amount of deliciously exquisite pizza sauce cringe on this shitty flash game makes my ass cheeks clench. If you get called the n word, it's your fault for pissing someone off, don't spawn kill on paul308-base you pizza sauce. Also, long live our glorious leader Kranos.

The great land of Plazma Burst 2 shall be ruled by an iron fist!

No more ERPing with the shemale traps on Paul308 base!

No more toxicity, stupidity and overall retardation!

and most of all!

NO MORE CRINGE!

This will be achieved by voting Kranos for moderator!

#LongLiveKranos
Last edited by mrblake213 on 16 November 2019, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merge posts
The great land of Plazma Burst 2 shall be ruled by an iron fist!

No more ERPing with the shemale traps on Paul308 base!

No more toxicity, stupidity and overall retardation!

and most of all!

NO MORE CRINGE!

This will be achieved by voting Kranos for moderator!

#LongLiveKranos
Kranos
Recruit

Postby lemonade6 » 16 November 2019, 06:49

Is that joke? You do insult people in matches and always rate 1 star

I think there must be automute in game chat for hour or day instead of autoban for 3 days
lemonade6
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 16 November 2019, 10:13

Wow. I may need to suggest my idea again like I did to doomwrath. Banning will just make the game die faster. Do you NEED players?...

Anyway yeah instead of banning one way which is annoying, just REMOVE privileges depending on what the player did. A person talks shit 24/7? Sure, remove the ability to talk from the pb2 account but the person can still play. If another way, having to block a player on the PB2 site automatically mutes the account ingame too. cmon mane

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 17 November 2019, 10:57

I'm afraid this is not it chief
Spoiler: Show More
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to General Discussion