Banning players from a map?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Banning players from a map?

Postby mrblake213 » 7 April 2021, 13:01

Just an update about this,

Some of the staff have deemed it ILLEGAL or AGAINST THE CODE OF CONDUCT to ban the staff team in custom matches. There may not be a specific rule against the use of triggers to disallow players inside a match (especially since there's a trigger action to kick players), there is an out clause in the Code of Conduct.

The Plazma Burst Community Staff (Administration/Moderators/Support Members) reserve the right to ban, block, suspend, or otherwise prevent any player from using any service of or related to Plazma Burst for any reason at any time. This applies to the game, site, chat, forums, site messaging service, and forum messaging service.

Personally, I don't think enforcing a punishment based from an out clause and not based from a specific rule is fair for the community especially when the rules are laid out or made specific so that it may serve as a guide for the community to follow especially when kicking players out of a match is literally a game or a feature of the ALE.

There still needs to be a discussion about this with the staff especially from Eric who made the trigger function. However, I agree with Shroom that banning players or staff from a match shouldn't be considered against the CoC because there are still a lot of work-arounds for the staff to do. I would only agree for this to be against the rules if there's no way for the staff to moderate the game anymore. But, I wouldn't oppose if the staff decided to add it in the CoC.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Sgt Dwayne » 7 April 2021, 13:39

yeah no point in arguing about this anymore but im sure those people would at least have one reason to hide themselves from the staffs - like the person called DBRCM who was banned for cheating, who i banned for ban evasion, he could deny that this wasnt to freely evade but it is definitely one of the reasons if you go deep inside it (try to join dbrcm-right as yourself blake, you will see that it will bring you to another map)

not to mention that vars can allow you to see who the guests are (if they are logged into their account) - making it easier for the creator to figure out who you actually are

i mean, you can always use an alt to join but you are STAFF, why would you be forced to do this?

ye, shrooms right, staff has many capabilities but attempting to limit one of the staff members or all of the staff members to isolate urself is just bad with no other explanation - think about the cartel people who give the staff a hard time nowadays, creating their own map with no guests being able to join along with the whole staff team unable to join, would it not give you a hard time?

in the end surely this would vary from one another, not all the people would have something to hide
Sgt Dwayne
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Coolsugar » 22 April 2021, 08:44

This would be a great way to keep players that exploit certain maps. I see that people have already explained how you can do it.

Coolsugar
Cyber Grub [25]

Previous

Return to General Discussion