Activeness problem... (Read this!)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series.

Do we need to take action?

Yes we need to take action.
4
80%
No it isn't that serious.
1
20%
We just need PB2.5. (It will repopulate the game)
0
No votes
Your not sure.
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 5

Activeness problem... (Read this!)

Postby Ahrora » 8 September 2019, 20:27


Greetings Plazma Burst 2 Players,

March 10, 2011. The day Plazma Burst 2 was released by Eric Gurt. For years this game has been in the hearts of it's players. I can vividly remember countless days returning home from school to turn on my computer to play multiplayer matches. Messing around in the level editor and creating maps made me happy. I still enjoy that! I have no problem playing bosscat1-saw or Cahir-traps. That was fun to me! It was an adventure for all of us.

Plazma Burst 2's activeness problems have definetly been boiling on max for quite too long... years in fact and I feel not as many people are taking this problems as seriously as they should. I'm beyong fed up. Aren't you??

When the revivalist released their first video that I truly could never forget. This was genuinely one of the special moments for the game. Seeing so many players agreeing, understand that their game had issues amazed me. (It undoubtedly sent me shiver of happiness LMAO). And the creators made it easily too become a Revivalist, all that was requested of the player was to add (R) in their nicknames... Now I'm not saying we need another revival, but at least we need to find alternative methods to increasing player account in US and EU.

Now let's discuss about 2019,

Positives:
#1. We've gotten new updates for level editor! :)
#2. Map designing has never been more amazing! The map maker community seems thrilled! :D
#3. We have a healthy stable amount of map designers. :P

Negatives: Not finished
#1. Play count has steadily decreased.
#2. Activeness in severs has decreased. (Severs have hit an all time low.)
#3. Lag is still an issue.
#4. Not enough variety in custom maps.
Spoiler: Show More
Spoiler: Show More

You'd think the recent updates for the game would make others interested in playing again or even bring new players, but the activeness of the community and the attitudes of some of it's members has really drawed many toward pushing away. The updates I agree are a great addition to the game, but these additions won't matter if we can't solve these activeness issues. Have people stopped caring again about Our game?This is OUR GAME! If it wasn't for the players of Plazma Burst 2 none of what we have would nearly be where it is today.

I care about this game and for me to pour every ounce of writing I can into this post really shows this is a serious issue to me. I hate writing! I hate essay's, but this isn't an essay! This is a wake up call people! Now I've taken some small tiny steps that can help us toward the next couple of months. We have plenty of time for this to get into action. Here are the steps...

Step 1: Get this post on forums populated. Reward people for taking part somehow.

Step 2: Get the community active, maybe via Discord call address the issue to the people who care to join the call.

Step 3: Repopulate and regrowth. Establish methods to increase player count.

So on and so forth. Plazma Burst 2 has more than enough potential to captivate new comers right now! The evidence is all right here! I understand most have just Moved on, changed platforms. That sucks because for the common player, the newer player they can't enjoy the game as us Veterans onced have.



This was just my opinioin on this! Quite frankly this issue happened a while back. Voice your thoughts. I'm out...
Discord: Ahrora#2373
Discord Sever: GearHead Studios - https://discord.gg/RArcXzf
Add my PB2 account: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac ... id=1440271
- Ahrora [G.S™]®
Last edited by Ahrora on 11 September 2019, 07:30, edited 14 times in total.
Definitely not the real Ahrora, the real Ahrora was taken by Aliens.
User avatar
Ahrora
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 20 December 2015, 01:17

Re: I've lost regard for PB2. Lost interest for the communit

Postby Mike365 » 9 September 2019, 07:30


Mike365
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 3 July 2016, 03:25

Re: I've lost regard for PB2. Lost interest for the communit

Postby Oriental » 9 September 2019, 17:07

lmaooo good one mike
User avatar
Oriental
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 201
Joined: 7 September 2018, 19:18
Location: Somewhere in Nevada...

Re: I've lost regard for PB2. Lost interest for the communit

Postby Gazerbeam » 10 September 2019, 03:47

Mike365 wrote:https://youtu.be/ZazNbG_3m9A

Oriental wrote:lmaooo good one mike


I honestly agree with you @Ahrora. Tbh though above pretty much shows the lack of careness. Nice post man.

Gazerbeam
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 September 2019, 03:43

Re: Activeness problem...

Postby mrblake213 » 10 September 2019, 10:44

I've also have started playing since 2013 and I could say I was addicted to playing because of what the community can bring happiness to the sort of alone me in my life. I've met friends along the way and even met more people when started to join and participate in clans or groups. It's just sad to hear that clans aren't supported anymore because of what some members did in the past. I actually think that clans had a big contribution on the steady and increasing activity of PB2 back then.

I do agree that the game has been slowly decreasing since sometime around 2015 and yes, old players probably have 'moved on' but let's not forget about the new generation that can still see and play this old game. Attitudes and behavior of current players are one of the problems which is why the staff has thought of a way to somewhat avoid or decrease it by implementing a system to avoid toxicity in chat (system still beta phase, please report any problems to site staff).

I'm also glad that there has been recent updates on the Level Editor such as skins and a new image feature which would bring endless possibilities on the mapmaking side of PB2. It could somehow be a way to regain the playerbase back and reach once again the peak of PB2's activity.

I reckon that continuing updates and activity could lead the game back to its former glory.
User avatar
mrblake213
Noir Lime [600]
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 16 July 2013, 10:25
Location: Philippines

Re: I've lost regard for PB2. Lost interest for the communit

Postby Ahrora » 11 September 2019, 05:41

Gazerbeam wrote:
Mike365 wrote:https://youtu.be/ZazNbG_3m9A

Oriental wrote:lmaooo good one mike


I honestly agree with you @Ahrora. Tbh though above pretty much shows the lack of careness. Nice post man.


If your referring to the two post toward the YouTube video than I can agree. I'd just ignore it Gazerbeam.

mrblake213 wrote:I've also have started playing since 2013 and I could say I was addicted to playing because of what the community can bring happiness to the sort of alone me in my life. I've met friends along the way and even met more people when started to join and participate in clans or groups. It's just sad to hear that clans aren't supported anymore because of what some members did in the past. I actually think that clans had a big contribution on the steady and increasing activity of PB2 back then.

I do agree that the game has been slowly decreasing since sometime around 2015 and yes, old players probably have 'moved on' but let's not forget about the new generation that can still see and play this old game. Attitudes and behavior of current players are one of the problems which is why the staff has thought of a way to somewhat avoid or decrease it by implementing a system to avoid toxicity in chat (system still beta phase, please report any problems to site staff).

I'm also glad that there has been recent updates on the Level Editor such as skins and a new image feature which would bring endless possibilities on the mapmaking side of PB2. It could somehow be a way to regain the playerbase back and reach once again the peak of PB2's activity.

I reckon that continuing updates and activity could lead the game back to its former glory.


Anything is possible for this game, like others games new players join and Plazma Burst 2 get's players every minute. The problem is the activeness in those people. The community bashes and bashes until those certain people feel burned out by the game. Clans definetly created a large number of conflicts, but from those conflicts they kept people active like you've stated Blake. The game has been slowly decreasing to almost lower than I expected originally. The Revivalist choose to tackle this issue as best they could and got some success, but it is my belief that we should have another similar group try what the Revivalist acommplished.
Definitely not the real Ahrora, the real Ahrora was taken by Aliens.
User avatar
Ahrora
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 20 December 2015, 01:17

Re: Activeness problem...

Postby Mr jaks nes » 11 September 2019, 05:54

I Strongly agree.
Spoiler: Show More
User avatar
Mr jaks nes
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 39
Joined: 1 April 2017, 13:10
Location: Everywhere

Re: I've lost regard for PB2. Lost interest for the communit

Postby mrblake213 » 12 September 2019, 05:33

Ahrora wrote:The Revivalist choose to tackle this issue as best they could and got some success, but it is my belief that we should have another similar group try what the Revivalist acommplished.


Perhaps a group of motivated people dedicated in creating events that would inspire others to consistently play the game everyday.

+

A feature that could help in increasing activity
User avatar
mrblake213
Noir Lime [600]
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 16 July 2013, 10:25
Location: Philippines

Re: I've lost regard for PB2. Lost interest for the communit

Postby Ahrora » 14 September 2019, 06:37

mrblake213 wrote:
Ahrora wrote:The Revivalist choose to tackle this issue as best they could and got some success, but it is my belief that we should have another similar group try what the Revivalist acommplished.


Perhaps a group of motivated people dedicated in creating events that would inspire others to consistently play the game everyday.

+

A feature that could help in increasing activity


This hasn't been done I believe... This might be a nice way to keep activeness to a steadily rate if I'm sure.
Definitely not the real Ahrora, the real Ahrora was taken by Aliens.
User avatar
Ahrora
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 82
Joined: 20 December 2015, 01:17

Re: Activeness problem... (Read this!)

Postby mrblake213 » 14 September 2019, 10:57

Yup. It would be nice to have a group of people actually motivated enough to do this and to inspire others as well.
User avatar
mrblake213
Noir Lime [600]
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 16 July 2013, 10:25
Location: Philippines


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]