[APPROVAL REQUEST] wreak-war

Map Approval Requests

[APPROVAL REQUEST] wreak-war

Postby wreak » 17 June 2018, 21:11

I still wish to have this map approved at this time, and I believe it is appropriate for approval.

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: War [Distant]
- Map ID: wreak-war
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=wreak-war
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=wreak-war

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: Simple open spaced war map with covers to avoid dying by spraying
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: Even though there really isn't a big secondary route and its open spaced, it's still a large map with covers to protect people from unfair deaths. The teleports and huge number of guns make it possible to arm a user in a short amount of time, lastly the grenades and grenade launchers avoid camping for long periods of time.
- Any other comments: Any criticism is fine, please don't crucify me though.

Last edited by wreak on 10 July 2018, 18:39, edited 2 times in total.
wreak
wreak
Noir Lime [600]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] wreak-war

Postby Krutz » 18 June 2018, 08:08

you not only give the civil security access to heights, but also a free ray gun?

also, dont use alpha team
Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby wreak » 23 June 2018, 21:13

Krutz wrote:you not only give the civil security access to heights, but also a free ray gun?

also, dont use alpha team

I used noir lime instead of civil security. Nor did I use alpha team. Are you talking about a different map?
wreak
wreak
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Krutz » 24 June 2018, 21:19

oh sorry youre right i meant to post this in idomino's thread
Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] wreak-war

Postby wreak » 5 July 2018, 05:17

Krutz wrote:oh sorry youre right i meant to post this in idomino's thread

: (

Did you atleast try the map out?
wreak
wreak
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] wreak-war

Postby phsc » 5 July 2018, 12:49

i felt sad for u then i decided im doing a review of it
https://prnt.sc/k2u7d3
this might be a problem in coop, i mean lets say its a 3v3, one camps acid one camps the other side and one camps tp, not rly cool, id make the walls thicker
https://gyazo.com/87631dbfff230ffa364578e0954f893d
mostly considering the other team has to consider an attack from two points
http://prntscr.com/k2uajv http://prntscr.com/k2uax1 see, once team has an advantage
id make this cover like this, as of rn it doesnt really protect much, and it doesnt slow down, so as this in theory it shouldnt slow down that much but give actual protection
http://prntscr.com/k2ubsu
http://prntscr.com/k2ucza this place is useless remove the lasers and make it a camping spot id also do a few tweaks to make it more of a balanced one http://prntscr.com/k2udxj
and then the maps biggest problem, gun choice
so, the ghost is a terrible weapon, and the way it plays out here isnt great, its just a low dmg spam that only kills when realy near the enemy, its uses are mostly for knockback, which is used greatly in maps like ditzy-uprise, but here, just add the PHANX as standard weapon pls, would make the base camping less of a thing and is also a general way better
the crossfire cr is a great gun indeed, would be a little better than the PHANX, and as the map is rn, 2 out of 4 people having a decent gun isnt that great, id add one near the acid pit of each team other than the heater which sucks and nobody uses because its the worst weapon of pb2 and one into the disabled tp in the opposite side of the acid pit, this would also be way greater in DM
then theres a PHANX and a needle, no need for that PHANX tho, needle alone is great enought
id remove the falkok grenade launcher and add some kind of shotgun, its too spammy, doesnt play well, the map has open spaces but its kinda small, explosive weapons r good in big open areas, but bigger than this
the energy rifle is kinda great as it pierces trough the walls even tho idk if it still oneshots, if it does great choice
https://gyazo.com/5447760cddd58d851494a24421bf8f3a
as the rpg is less spammy than the grenade launcher it kinda plays great here, even tho its not as open, not rly a prob
the sniper rifle isnt really a prob other than the fact its near another slot 4, but id remove it and add an cs sniper cuz then in COOP someone might camp at the middle thing with it and actually be able to pierce the enemys base walls, but id swap its position with the rpgs so its something not that common
the little bastard is useless and nobody is going to even bother picking it up, change it to a c01 cuz its capable of a good piercing, unlike the smgs which have 0
the other needle is fine, remove the PHANX etc
the gauss rifle is pretty weak for its position tho, id put a ray gun there, as youre going in a really bad position, which u need a better weapon than the enemy, and the raygun has higher dmg i think, but might not be a prob if the gauss rifle can one shot more than 1 person at the same time, but its cd is pretty higher and its piercing is lower than the rayguns
so this map as an arena has a few problems, but it could be approved, id say the biggest is guns, id say not approvable rn but maybe later if u fix a few things
If I decide to be an idiot, then Ill be an idiot on my own accord - Johann Sebastian Bach
phsc
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby wreak » 10 July 2018, 21:33

I made most of the changes like you said, I do have a tendency of using terrible gun choices especially on my old alt accounts.

I honestly think this map might be approved. Thanks for advice phsc.

EDIT: I added some pictures of the map itself.
wreak
wreak
Noir Lime [600]

Postby lostmydollar » 11 July 2018, 19:46

Sprayable one-lane map with separated fancy backgrounds put here and there. I wouldnt approve this. Its like a mix of Xdeath's realwar of Mrnat's coi. Both of those maps arent good and mix of those isnt good either.

Its 2k18 come on people. Come up with something new and innovative. We have enough maps of this kind already
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby DoomWrath » 12 July 2018, 20:17

I must agree with Lostmydollar, it's a flat map with dotted random elements. We already have a few maps with the same type of gameplay approved so it's not something I'm willing to approve at this time.
DoomWrath
Administrator

Postby Hikarikaze » 13 July 2018, 04:06

An additional lane might be helpful for the map. Maybe have some structures above the ones on the ground to use as an extra route/lane so everything isn't so linear and constrained to the ground. It'll also be slightly different than the other "war" styled maps. An underground tunnel will have the same effect as well and it's a simpler alternative

If you do go for this idea for aerial structures, don't make the extra lane level/the same height. Make each structure at a different height if possible, like this: http://prntscr.com/k5vhlv

You could even do both, honestly. Either way, the map is fine in size horizontally but it'd be better with vertical expansion

Causal oversimplification and ergo decedo: read about it, staff. No need to keep pretending to be virtuous.
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]

Postby wreak » 13 July 2018, 19:07

Just got back from a small break, can't believe the only good criticism I got was from hik and phsc.

lostmydollar wrote:Sprayable one-lane map with separated fancy backgrounds put here and there. I wouldnt approve this. Its like a mix of Xdeath's realwar of Mrnat's coi. Both of those maps arent good and mix of those isnt good either.

This map format is similar to xdeath real war. But the playstyle is nothing like xdeath realwar. If you spray, someone can easily self boost above you and kill using gauss or ray gun. There is a plethora of covers to avoid the spraying issue. In fact, spraying would probably be the worst tactic to use in this map, using covers and rushing your enemy with a one shot gun is the best tactic in this map, this is coming from someone who actually played this map.

But why did I waste my time on you. You obviously troll on most other topics which is why I shouldn't take you seriously at all. Its what doom said which made me reply to both of you.

DoomWrath wrote:I must agree with Lostmydollar, it's a flat map with dotted random elements. We already have a few maps with the same type of gameplay approved so it's not something I'm willing to approve at this time.

Similar to what lost said, unlike the old xdeath realwar which you tried to keep approved 6 months after jonb7 tried to get it unapproved, this map has multiple cover throughout the entire map including the middle. There is 7 one shot kill weapons in this map while the old xdeath realwar only had 2 one shot kill weapons, this prevents spraying since there is no point in getting open long periods of time when someone can one shot you from offscreen.

Camping for long periods of time also isn't a good idea, the player is armed with 3 grenades not to mention the grenade launchers players might spawn with. Most of the time, you only stay in a cover for no longer than 30 seconds or else someone could self boost and one shot you or someone will use grenades on you.

Hikarikaze wrote:An additional lane might be helpful for the map

Honestly if Hikarikaze only said this sentence, its still extremely helpful since the spraying issue was not a problem when playing. It was the fact that fighting was so constrained to the ground which made it a deadly kill fest when you got 8 people on death match. I'll add one with small covers and keep the platforms with different elevations to avoid any problems with fighting from above.

That may come off as if I was angry, but it was more of the fact that few maps don't have to follow barely any rules to keep it approved. However in others, you could not have a map approved because of some issue that never was in a map in the first place. But the fact an admin probably didn't play the map already made an assumption based off of looks and what lost said. I am definitely adding what hik said, but at this point I don't mind if this map never gets approved. But I will keep focusing on improving the map so it can be the best version of itself.

EDIT: The one I put up is extremely temporarily, I will make it look better and not make it take too long for the map to load.
wreak
wreak
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ditzy » 13 July 2018, 20:52

wreak wrote:This map format is similar to xdeath real war. But the playstyle is nothing like xdeath realwar. If you spray, someone can easily self boost above you and kill using gauss or ray gun. There is a plethora of covers to avoid the spraying issue. In fact, spraying would probably be the worst tactic to use in this map, using covers and rushing your enemy with a one shot gun is the best tactic in this map, this is coming from someone who actually played this map.

I was playing with Doomwrath the other day and I was actually able to rack up a K/Dr of 2-3 just by spamming the Falkonian Grenade Launcher. Personally, I don't think the map is too bad in terms of spam, but it's definitely there. Grenade launchers should probably be removed.

I still think the cave needs a rework, perhaps more depth variance. It's really easy to camp inside the cave and can lead to stalemates during combat as both combatants have nowhere to go.

It's still a fun map, but it may just be my K/Dr speaking. It's still nice to have a map that isn't a sniper/rails map though.

---- Edit:

Hikarikaze wrote:An additional lane might be helpful for the map. Maybe have some structures above the ones on the ground to use as an extra route/lane so everything isn't so linear and constrained to the ground.

The map definitely should get a second lane. However, I think it should be closer to the ground so it's less of a lane and more so a bunch of platforms players can access from the ground. Having large, structure-like platforms would be cool.
ditzy
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wreak » 13 July 2018, 22:58

I did a little rework with the cave. It has another vertical entrance to avoid issues with camping. I also made the left entrance bigger so it's easier for people to shoot through.

But the last time I saw you in my map, you were not grenade spamming, I remember you self boosted a lot and tried to kill me with a one shot weapon.

I will decrease the number of platforms from above, and make the remaining bigger. This will decrease lag and prevent people from falling down as much. Making it to where players can go from bottom to top shouldn't be that difficult either. However it will only use 3 gravitators to get from lower to higher elevation and vise versa.
wreak
wreak
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Map Approval Requests