[Approval Request] prothean-magma

Map Approval Requests

[Approval Request] prothean-magma

Postby Prothean » 22 May 2018, 19:34

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: Yes
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: Yes
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: Yes
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: Yes
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: Yes

[B]
- Map Name: Magma
- Map ID: prothean-magma
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=prothean-magma
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=prothean-magma

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: It's a pretty big arena map, symmetrical, and I'd say it looks pretty nice in my opinion.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: I believe the map is pretty well balanced, you can't really camp any spots and there's always another way to approach something. I'm pretty big on making my maps look cool, and this one's probably one of my best when it comes to that.
- Any other comments: I've posted this a while back in the Multiplayer Maps section, received a ton of feedback and edited the map to be more fair for the players and look better. The map was updated like a year ago so it doesn't have all the new fancy stuff that was added to the level editor.
Prothean
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: [Approval Request] prothean-magma

Postby iswift » 30 May 2018, 09:00

ayeee bruuu sick map mannn hope its gets approved homieeeee

iswift
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Prothean » 31 May 2018, 15:26

Haha thanks swift. Nice to see you're still making maps.
Prothean
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby iswift » 31 May 2018, 17:46

Prothean wrote:Haha thanks swift. Nice to see you're still making maps.

im actually not that maps like a year old lmao

iswift
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Prothean » 3 June 2018, 23:10

Oh I see, same here lmfao. Good luck on your maps bro, they're awesome.
Prothean
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 12 June 2018, 19:58

It's not a bad map by any means, but there are a few issues with it I've found.

- It's a really large map. It's easy to get lost, or cut off from teammates, and hard to find guns and enemies. It feels as if it's two maps stuck together, and could almost be its own map if cut in half.
- The layout isn't anything special. It doesn't feel particularly nice to run about it or travel in, the obstacles and platforms are easy to get hung up on.
- It's hard to get guns in DM/TDM. Add some more to the map. Maybe spread more of the normal guns around, or entirely new weapons? 4 lite railguns, 2 CS-RCs, and 6 Pistol-Pros around the map in places would not hurt. (This may be solved by having a smaller more succinct map)
- It looks pretty generic and plays that way too. It's themed on magma, so take advantage of that. More theming never hurts if it's done well.

Overall, I recommend taking the idea and using it on a better layout. The theming is unique and I like that, but the map is pretty standard. Hope this helps.
DoomWrath
Administrator

Postby Prothean » 13 June 2018, 00:12

DoomWrath wrote:It's not a bad map by any means, but there are a few issues with it I've found.

- It's a really large map. It's easy to get lost, or cut off from teammates, and hard to find guns and enemies. It feels as if it's two maps stuck together, and could almost be its own map if cut in half.
- The layout isn't anything special. It doesn't feel particularly nice to run about it or travel in, the obstacles and platforms are easy to get hung up on.
- It's hard to get guns in DM/TDM. Add some more to the map. Maybe spread more of the normal guns around, or entirely new weapons? 4 lite railguns, 2 CS-RCs, and 6 Pistol-Pros around the map in places would not hurt. (This may be solved by having a smaller more succinct map)
- It looks pretty generic and plays that way too. It's themed on magma, so take advantage of that. More theming never hurts if it's done well.

Overall, I recommend taking the idea and using it on a better layout. The theming is unique and I like that, but the map is pretty standard. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the feedback, I've just finished updating the map a bit, trying to fix up the flaws you mentioned. I've made the map smaller, added different guns in different places, and I've tried to make the map more unique following the magma theme.
Prothean
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 14 June 2018, 17:52

Looks and plays much better - but the top of the map is still where fighting happens since it's the easy route. Do you think it'd be possible to make it look as if the map was erupting, and through that create a hazard cutting the map roof in two? EG: http://prntscr.com/juzynd

If not, still a good map. I will have to test it more in MP soon.
DoomWrath
Administrator

Postby Prothean » 14 June 2018, 20:47

I didn't know how to make it look like it was erupting without it looking strange, so I just did my best to cut the top area in half. I made it so that if a player crosses the top center area, he'll receive damage, I guess you can say from the heat of the magma. I honestly don't know if this was a good idea or if I should just stick with how it was before.
Prothean
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby IcYeGodZ » 14 June 2018, 20:53

if you have discord, you can join my group of map makers and we can help collaborate and make the volcano more realistic looking >.>

IcYeGodZ
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Prothean » 15 June 2018, 05:02

I do have discord, Slayer#9483. I appreciate the help.
Prothean
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Map Approval Requests