Annotations

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Annotations

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 5 June 2020, 21:02

Basically sticky notes that you can create while you have the level editor open. They won't show up during normal gameplay, only when viewing map sources. Useful for stuff like open source maps and tutorials and whatnot to better explain what everything does in the level, since stuff like triggers and regions are invisible during gameplay. Also useful for reminding yourself what this trigger is for and why that timer is over there and stuff like that when you are making your own maps, especially if you are like me who overall doesn't have a good sense of organization.
Last edited by Phant0mB0nnie on 5 June 2020, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Re: Annotations

Postby Girl_Power » 5 June 2020, 21:17

That is a great idea. That would help with so many problems and bugs in maps that are hard to find. Kinda like Google Slides where the bottom of the screen you have something called the "Speaker Notes" which are like sticky notes to remind you of stuff.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby nightmar » 6 June 2020, 00:49

Though it does seem like a good idea, I would not say we need it. You see some tutorial map makers use decorations with the model "nothing" and write what they want as the name.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 6 June 2020, 03:58

nightmar wrote:Though it does seem like a good idea, I would not say we need it. You see some tutorial map makers use decorations with the model "nothing" and write what they want as the name.

Yeah, but why bother with all that? I say it'd be better to have a dedicated note writing system. Much easier if you want to write a few sentences to explain something.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby yi en » 4 July 2020, 08:31

imo, model "nothing" with text are already useful for the "annotation" feature.
but somehow you're right: if we are going to make a list, we are being annoyed just to copy and paste a lot of "nothing" model and when the amount of model is coming a lot, the more laggier the map source would be.

So maybe it is needed, or maybe it's not —— but would be more welcomed if it exist, meanwhile I will stay ok with it if it does not.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Level Editor