How pb2 avoid multiple activation of triggers

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

How pb2 avoid multiple activation of triggers

Postby alj99 » 26 December 2019, 11:00

The way the pb2 or level editor avoid triggers or its functionality avoid being activated at once is simple: the first one that came in.

1:Triggers: in the case of triggers specifically activating a trigger not the trigger actions inside it: if any form of trigger execution (regions or a trigger action) activates multiple trigger of the same name, trigger (1) and trigger (2). These triggers have the same name, (I tried using two triggers with the same name in hopes of executing 2 or more triggers at one command). The trigger that 'existed' first will be the only trigger that is executed, disregarding the other trigger, assuming trigger (1) came in before trigger (2), only trigger 1 is activated

2:Trigger actions: most of the community sorta knew it (without actually knowing it), trigger action 1 is first activated then 2 then so on.

If the trigger action has the trigger action "execute trigger 'A'" the rest of the trigger action will wait until the executed trigger is finished. This also apply to other trigger action, it just doesn't matter.
      For example: trigger 'example' has a trigger action 1 being 'execute trigger 'other'', the trigger action 2 of trigger 'example' will wait until the trigger action 1 is completely finished for the trigger action 2 to start and the same is true for the other trigger actions.

This rule or law makes the order of the triggers actions significant. If you are wondering why your variables came out wrong or something, try a different order of trigger actions.

3:characters that activate a trigger using a region: still following the which came first rule, players and actors that activated the region at the same time will first activate which came in 'existence' first.

Because players and actors are in the same set they also count despite being different.

Some Trivia
      character slots:

If you store and visualize a character slot the first one will always be 0 the next being 1,2 ect.
        You can actually compare these and treat is as a number
        Despite a character slot being visualize as a number you can still use #player*1 (or whatever you named it) to compare it, and it still works. I don't know why Max teabag didn't thought of this, i guess i made the first player filter that is still in sync and also a player specific button that works only on one player
      Teams:

the team alpha is coded as "0" and beta being "1" and so on, hence why i wanted to ask Eric to make a trigger action to set a character's team with a variable
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: How pb2 avoid multiple activation of triggers

Postby eru_ » 29 December 2019, 14:31

N o i c e.
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: How pb2 avoid multiple activation of triggers

Postby alj99 » 30 December 2019, 09:09

is this useful in anyway?
I mean the only use that i can think of is to fit in a trigger execution command right in the middle
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Return to Tutorials