How to create "mis grid" objects

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

How to create "mis grid" objects

Postby Jason Eden » 6 April 2019, 15:23

Sorry, I don't know how to name it properly, but those "mis grid objects" are wall, door, region and background objects that have height and width less than 10.

Here is a good example of a map using these objects (zzninjazz-christmas):

To create them all you have to do is to download the xml file of your map, edit object's dimension using notepad, and then upload it back to Plazma Burst 2.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now step by step, let's make this wall smaller than 10 pixels height.

1. First we add this wall in level editor and save the map.

2. Now we download and open the map xml file in notepad. Let's find the wall we are editing through it's coordinates (X=-300; Y=-710). Here it is:

3. Let's change the height of the wall to 5, press "save", and upload the edited xml file back to Plazma Burst 2.

4. Now let's check if it worked by opening the map in level editor. Yep, it works.

Note 1: You cannot copy-paste these objects in level editor.
Note 2: You cannot move these objects in level editor.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Re: How to create "mis grid" objects

Postby ZZNinjaZZ » 18 April 2019, 04:58

I'm actually impressed on how you've found a way to create one. Subpixels are objects snapped from the grid while as Microds are objects both snapped from the grid and ignores the height and weight cap. Microds can be created using snippet codes. In short, you're actually modifying the editor itself. Chx discovered and invented it so I asked him to name it and we came up with the word, "Microds" (Micro-Quadrillaterals)
I used to be a map maker like you, then I took an arrow> to the knee.
Spoiler: Show More
Eric Gurt wrote: Well, I had to say. zZNinjaZz made the best aesthetic designs I have never seen before. Ninja is lovely. 'Might marry him someday.
ZZNinjaZZ
Recruit

Postby wreak » 18 April 2019, 05:40

Its becoming clear that just about anything real life can be recreated in pb2. You can make almost photographic art if what you said is true. I don't think I will use this much considering how tedious the process is and how you can't move the mis grid objects.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 18 April 2019, 13:13

wreak wrote:Its becoming clear that just about anything real life can be recreated in pb2. You can make almost photographic art if what you said is true. I don't think I will use this much considering how tedious the process is and how you can't move the mis grid objects.

Now we just need custom jetpacks that aren't guns or custom swords (custom damage, looks)
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby ZZNinjaZZ » 19 April 2019, 18:17

https://gyazo.com/b2d853239dca7f98e62c4ee72ce90b0g

Here's a gif of me creating it.

(yes, I know, it looks like witchcraft.)

I'm planning to make a discussion of this as my own topic since it feels weird to be on someones.
I used to be a map maker like you, then I took an arrow> to the knee.
Spoiler: Show More
Eric Gurt wrote: Well, I had to say. zZNinjaZz made the best aesthetic designs I have never seen before. Ninja is lovely. 'Might marry him someday.
ZZNinjaZZ
Recruit

Postby Tempus » 21 April 2019, 13:10

Ninja your link doesn’t work.

I’ll pass this on to Eric. Maybe he can do something? Worth a shot.
Tempus
Advisor

Postby phsc » 21 April 2019, 15:20

So let me just update the history of objects that are smaller than a level editor pixel and can be placed in other places.

First of all, either Mrnat or Pixelbyte found out how to do it first, but the methods were vastly different, Mrnat's method consists of putting a object somewhere on the level editor, and then he realized that if you control Z, the object will have the proportions of 0 and 0 for X and Y size and it will be exactly where you clicked, not following the grid, that is nice but it does not allow for objects smaller than 10 aka 1 pixel.
Pixelbyte found out that you can remove the rouding from the PB2 level editor by editing the HTML, that is extremely annoying and takes a lot of time to do, but it works, he made a slope with it.
Then after seeing that I and Chx decided to get into finding out about the level editor, I have that forum post on how change HTML, CSS and the most important, JavaScript, and I always had contact with Chx, after that I mentioned Snippets to him so we could edit PB2s code.
I found out that you could get a map from the latest saved maps by taking the XML directly from it, not as in a .pb2map, at the time you could not download XML files directly from maps, that method was harder than Pixelbytes but it was faster if you were good at it.
Then Chx went in and made that piece of code that you just run, which is a edit and one of the first features of his level editor upgrade he wanted to make, a while after Chx left the community.
Microds makes no sense as a term, a pixel in the level editor is worth 10 units, so what about just saying 0.1 pixels? not that hard, but well Chx really liked special names for things.
Chx's code has a few problems and glitches, I might take my time and fix it in the future and then publish it here, maybe even with a hotkey to turn it on and off too, but lately I don't have the time.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 21 April 2019, 21:17

phsc wrote:Pixelbyte found out that you can remove the rouding from the PB2 level editor by editing the HTML, that is extremely annoying and takes a lot of time to do, but it works, he made a slope with it.

whats the map with the slope?
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Ahrora » 22 April 2019, 02:24

From what I've created a simple generator for a map. This is a very tedious and long process for anyone who wants to create something similar to zZNinjasZz's map structure.
Definitely not the real Ahrora, the real Ahrora was taken by Aliens.
Ahrora
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby war_maps » 22 April 2019, 21:01

thx bro :D

war_maps
Recruit

Postby Bear855 » 28 April 2019, 15:43

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:whats the map with the slope?

pixelbyte-slope
What did we see before we were born?
Bear855
Recruit

Postby nightmar » 28 August 2019, 14:43

And now thanks to the new update we can make small objects using the GridSnappingSet. If by now you do not know what that is when you go at the level editor press Shift+Ctrl+I go the the console and type GridSnappingSet(insert value here).
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Jason Eden » 15 September 2019, 00:11

nightmar wrote:And now thanks to the new update we can make small objects using the GridSnappingSet. If by now you do not know what that is when you go at the level editor press Shift+Ctrl+I go the the console and type GridSnappingSet(insert value here).

Very good. Though thanks to the new decoration update the era of pixel art has come to an end.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Return to Tutorials