Map Maker's Interaction

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

Re: Map Maker's Interaction

Postby phsc » 6 March 2019, 23:56

Do not try this at home kids, the testing done in this tutorial was conducted by professional scientists.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Protonoid » 7 March 2019, 08:34

Awesome work, frens. Keep it up.
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Jason Eden » 7 March 2019, 10:32

One of the most useless tutorials I've ever read. No wonder. People who cannot make good maps will never be able to write something good and useful.

Facts like "people prefer maps with short IDs" was known since... the stone age? I mean since the release of PB2. And people should worry about ranks. Rivalry generates activity and enhancement of level editing skills and overall average level of acceptable map quality. And activity is what matters to keep things alive in PB2. Stuff like "ragevoting" and "insulting messages" is already described in Code of Conduct.

Also it's a bit late for a tutorial like this. It could be useful if it was made in 2011-2013. Maybe 2014. But 2019? Please...

I also love how the guy who always ragevotes my maps helps in creating a tutorial about "ragevoters" and calls himself a "scientist". Scientists are mortal gods in this world. And they should be treated with proper respect. You cannot just use this word or call yourself a scientist if you have 0% chances to become one in real life. Especially jokingly. It is a taboo for you.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Oriental » 7 March 2019, 12:54

This is actually true Im a map maker and i have been an asshole in this community since I joined September 2018 and that is why I have deleted some of my toxic posts, My mind always changes idk why.
Oriental
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Protonoid » 7 March 2019, 15:31

Jason Eden wrote:long quote
Spoiler: Show More
One of the most useless tutorials I've ever read. No wonder. People who cannot make good maps will never be able to write something good and useful.

Facts like "people prefer maps with short IDs" was known since... the stone age? I mean since the release of PB2. And people should worry about ranks. Rivalry generates activity and enhancement of level editing skills and overall average level of acceptable map quality. And activity is what matters to keep things alive in PB2. Stuff like "ragevoting" and "insulting messages" is already described in Code of Conduct.

Also it's a bit late for a tutorial like this. It could be useful if it was made in 2011-2013. Maybe 2014. But 2019? Please...

I also love how the guy who always ragevotes my maps helps in creating a tutorial about "ragevoters" and calls himself a "scientist". Scientists are mortal gods in this world. And they should be treated with proper respect. You cannot just use this word or call yourself a scientist if you have 0% chances to become one in real life. Especially jokingly. It is a taboo for you.

Please keep your fights away from the public section of the forums. You can always Private Message to argue.

Whatever it is, it's honest work. They created a tutorial over here, for those who want to learn from it. If you already know about it, ignore.

There's no need to create a drama over it. If you have a problem then report the topic or consent the author of the post.

Consider this a verbal warning. If you want to explain something or give a reply to whatever I've said, please PM me over the forums.
Protonoid

Postby phsc » 7 March 2019, 22:48

Great job mr. Protonoid, but as Jason made his critic public, I will reply to it in public, ignoring any further arguments made in public, but make so people who read his comment know what is wrong about it, but only as that and further than that I will go to PMs, also I will give some extra information on the topic.

Jason Eden wrote:One of the most useless tutorials I've ever read.

Your opinion! great!

Jason Eden wrote:No wonder. People who cannot make good maps will never be able to write something good and useful.

Ad hominem: 100

Jason Eden wrote:Facts like "people prefer maps with short IDs" was known since... the stone age? I mean since the release of PB2.

Some new players do not know about that, I think this is actually useful, I remember seeing a dude with a name like 123456789123456789 making maps and well that is not a very good ID it is easy to memorize but not good for creating the map, it is indeed something one can easily use intuition for but it should be written out.

Jason Eden wrote:And people should worry about ranks.

Your opinion!!

Jason Eden wrote:Rivalry generates activity and enhancement of level editing skills and overall average level of acceptable map quality.

This is wrong, completely.
Maybe for approved maps but then quality related to it is subjective and even your gods such as reject weren't competitive in map making, but most of the community would easily say - as I would also - that Max Teabag, Mrnat444 and Darkstar 1 are very likely the best map makers of the game at least currently, and well, they are not competitive, they don't really worry about level dev rank and I did ask Max Teabag about it when I was in BoZ, and they do their maps for fun, and well, they are indeed the most complex ones and you must agree with that, mostly if it is related to triggering.

Jason Eden wrote:And activity is what matters to keep things alive in PB2.

Other than the argument before, wouldn't this apply to meaning stryde-sniper is the best map ever? and I am sure you do not like that map, and your rvb2 being popular is mostly because you create it daily to play on.

Stuff like "ragevoting" and "insulting messages" is already described in Code of Conduct. [/quote]
One can vote 1 on two or three maps, it is only ragevoting when it is done in all maps, constantly, without valid reasons, you do not seem to know what ragevoting means.

Jason Eden wrote:Also it's a bit late for a tutorial like this. It could be useful if it was made in 2011-2013. Maybe 2014. But 2019? Please...

Well what is the problem? better late than never right?

Jason Eden wrote:I also love how the guy who always ragevotes my maps helps in creating a tutorial about "ragevoters" and calls himself a "scientist".

I am pretty sure Resi has more contributions to map making and finding and creating general new concepts than you, of course not on the same level as Max Teabag who fixed syncing and Mrnat444 who is working on a method for syncing cloned guns, but he did do it and well, not everybody is a Newton but one can be still a physician, this is a metaphor you might have problems towards understanding it.

Jason Eden wrote:Scientists are mortal gods in this world.

Thank you mr. Eden because I am very likely going to become one and actually already work in similar areas and am working on a really interesting academic project on the area of computer SCIENCE so I guess thank you sir!
You can see some of my knowledge related to the area which of course is not much as I am still studying it on the tutorial I did on Javascript, PHP and HTML for PB2 and I might as well make a modding tutorial, this is of course extremely simple but still shows that I know the concepts.

Jason Eden wrote:And they should be treated with proper respect.

Interesting.

Jason Eden wrote:You cannot just use this word or call yourself a scientist if you have 0% chances to become one in real life.

He actually has chances of becoming one, what is a scientist exactly? still this is pure ad hominem.

But of course this is not the most useful tutorial ever done on PB2, this is pretty much common sense, but a lot of people lack it and it is important after all, and there are way less quality tutorials posted here, so why nitpick on this one? even then, this was done with a lot of humor, which you don't seem to get, but I think for a person that might not be able to understand such common sense, using humour does not help on making the tutorial better yet more difficult for a ignorant's mind to understand.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 21 March 2019, 12:23

Now you can fix your mistake and make your hotel map exist.
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby Albzter » 21 March 2019, 19:42

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:Now you can fix your mistake and make your hotel map exist.

Yep and now ur the one who doesn't exist So I gotta fix you too.
Was formerly a T-ROBOT, im an Elite Grub now
Albzter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 22 March 2019, 21:05

Resi wrote:
MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:Now you can fix your mistake and make your hotel map exist.

It will be released alongside Opposing Force Part 4 this Summer 2529.

i heard in 3000 we get half life 3
Also opposing force part 4 will be nicknamed: Opposing people that kill
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Return to Tutorials