Rescue Proxy

Community Events!

Rescue Proxy

Postby Resi » 6 July 2018, 02:26

NOTE: THIS WAS ORIGINALLY IN THE FORUM GAMES SUGGESTIONS AREA BUT WAS MOVED TO EVENTS BY DOOMWRATH, IT'S JUST A LIGHTHEARTED THING, NO PRIZES.


Grab this sample map and rescue Proxy with your imagination, either by allowing the player something to do or an automatic cutscene... then share the map here. Submit as many as you like.

Will it be Funny? Epic? We'll see.

.pb2map file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmfhf6hqw51yw ... b2map?dl=0
Source: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/level_edito ... scue_proxy (May not open in some cases for some reason)

Last edited by silverteen11 on 6 July 2018, 22:17, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Resi
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby Dandamage » 6 July 2018, 02:30

Hey, that actually seems really nice. The only thing I'm a bit worried about would be influence in dev rank for both you and the users for keeping the maps up.
User avatar
Dandamage
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 278
Joined: 15 August 2015, 15:01
Location: dandamage

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby Resi » 6 July 2018, 02:32

Dandamage wrote:Hey, that actually seems really nice. The only thing I'm a bit worried about would be influence in dev rank for both you and the users for keeping the maps up.


Users could make them open source and keep it published for a while.
User avatar
Resi
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby Dandamage » 6 July 2018, 02:34

Oh wait, I totally forgot that maps can be kept as "test areas" which have no influence on dev rank. It would be best to specify that in the instructions. I like the idea. One up.
User avatar
Dandamage
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 278
Joined: 15 August 2015, 15:01
Location: dandamage

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby ChazBurger » 6 July 2018, 03:21

http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=c ... escueproxy

So here is my creation.
Not proud of it.
User avatar
ChazBurger
Recruit
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 October 2015, 23:49
Location: In other dimensions.

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby DoomWrath » 6 July 2018, 17:18

LDR effect isn't a big deal, you can always delete the map later down the line.
User avatar
DoomWrath
Administrator
 
Posts: 503
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:27
Location: PzKpfw. VI/B

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby zhen » 6 July 2018, 19:07

Here is my take on it. It wasn't put together very carefully.
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=zh ... escuething
User avatar
zhen
Recruit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 18 June 2014, 22:16

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby DoomWrath » 6 July 2018, 20:46

User avatar
DoomWrath
Administrator
 
Posts: 503
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:27
Location: PzKpfw. VI/B

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby DanilKravch » 9 July 2018, 20:24

I've trying make it: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=d ... scue_proxy











lol why i make this map?
User avatar
DanilKravch
Recruit
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 7 July 2017, 18:11
Location: Hell

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby lrv » 15 July 2018, 11:12

Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over
User avatar
lrv
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 261
Joined: 2 July 2017, 14:39

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby Resi » 15 July 2018, 20:27



Uh... it's the... same... thing.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby lrv » 20 July 2018, 06:47

silverteen11 wrote:


Uh... it's the... same... thing.

Fixed it.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over
User avatar
lrv
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 261
Joined: 2 July 2017, 14:39

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby yi en » 5 November 2018, 12:35

quick question, is it still available if I am going to post my attempt here?
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby darkstar 1 » 5 November 2018, 15:42

yi en wrote:quick question, is it still available if I am going to post my attempt here?

Resi left pb2, so probably not
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=darkstar%201-pixels
User avatar
darkstar 1
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 849
Joined: 13 September 2014, 13:20
Location: Here... or there :|

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby phsc » 5 November 2018, 15:59

just go an post it
its the same concept as "can i write a fugue? because jacobus of liege is dead"
with that thinking, bach wouldnt have made the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce art of the fugue, or beethoven wouldnt have revolutionized the fugue with the one on the 4th movement of the hammerklavier sonata

but its an event so in theory there is a winner even tho this is quite old and silverteen didnt select anyone as a winner but who cares

tldr: just post it
User avatar
phsc
Phoenix Falkok [450]
 
Posts: 482
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: Ancapistan

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby yi en » 6 November 2018, 11:14

phsc wrote:just go an post it
its the same concept as "can i write a fugue? because jacobus of liege is dead"
with that thinking, bach wouldnt have made the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce art of the fugue, or beethoven wouldnt have revolutionized the fugue with the one on the 4th movement of the hammerklavier sonata

but its an event so in theory there is a winner even tho this is quite old and silverteen didnt select anyone as a winner but who cares

tldr: just post it


Actually I am just worrying about the contest is ended, and I don't even realised resi quited pb2
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby Resi » 5 December 2018, 20:58

Maybe you guys should read the OP, idk why Doomwrath even moved this to events tbh. It was never a competition.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby yi en » 6 December 2018, 05:50

Resi wrote:Maybe you guys should read the OP, idk why Doomwrath even moved this to events tbh. It was never a competition.

ok, thanks for the info. And I am thinking putting this challenge to a series.
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby Ahrora » 16 February 2019, 22:42

The map was pretty solid for the most part.
Definitely not the real Ahrora, the real Ahrora was taken by Aliens.
User avatar
Ahrora
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 20 December 2015, 01:17

Re: Rescue Proxy

Postby Resi » 16 February 2019, 22:48

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this, this should have never been in events.
phsc wrote:WHY ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT REALISM IN A FUTURISTIC 2D FLASH SCROLL SHOOTER THAT HAS ALIENS AND UNREALISTIC UNHOLDABLE GUNS AND REGENERATION AND MANY OTHER THINGS, LOSTMYDOLLAR/JASON EDEN PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT A REALISTIC GAME AND STOP TRYING TO TURN IT INTO ONE BECAUSE IT WONT
User avatar
Resi
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 827
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela


Return to Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



cron