Code: Select all
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=supah%20flash-arena

Map Demo:
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=supah%20flash-arena

Map ID:
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=supah%20flash-arena

Before I begin discussing about my map, let's talk about the most popular Custom arena map in PB2 (Not Approved). If you don't want to read it, skip the "Spoiler Bar" Below. It will basically explain, Why did I create this?:

Spoiler: Show More
To this current day, I'm positive most PB2 Users have at least played a map (at least once) by the name of "GLADIATOR WARS" by luki01. If you haven't the map ID is: Luki01-arena
If you don't feel like playing, there are two GIF images to remind you what it is.

Though, in an honest yet respectable manner, this Gladiator Arena is quite outdated. Occasionally, people play the map, but it's declining in popularity to the extent where most people struggle to remember the Map ID until they see it themselves. (I wouldn't need to post screenshots for that, should I?) At the same time, I respect the map out of its originality on the forefront even to be recognized as one of the greatest Custom Maps in PB2.

With that being said, let's discuss about .:Alienated:. I'm currently settling with ALPHA Version 1.0.5 as people are beginning to experiment, test and begin this newly updated Arena.

Version: 1.0.5

In this map, I want to showcase some of the following features you can do as the Favored Gladiator
(replacement of the "god player" who creates the rulers.)

1. They select which guns can be chosen for each round. With the Slot 1 Port Nade Shield, simply aim at a gun and click it to select the specified weapon. If you've mistaken the wrong weapon, press the 'X' button to reset all weaponry. Check out the GIF below:
  2. If the gladiator isn't content with his default armor, he/she can change her apparel up to 5 more options. Look below:[/color]
  3. The favored gladiator can also adjust the speed rate, field of view %, and gravity; look below to see the differences in gravity:[/color]
  4. To include another tip, please don't touch your cell door, if you still see [u]LASERS[/u] on it; it will kill you, and almost every person made this very mistake.
  5. Lastly, the map size looks like an actual wolf, even LoneWolf users would agree to this. ( :P ) Regardless of the exaggeration of course, the map is symmetrical, and allows six of eight players come out of their dungeons.[/color]
IF the map is full, you'll notice that the seventh prisoner doesn't have a door to come out of, the only two ways to release him is by the 'Riot' button, or having the favored gladiator come down himself. When the gladiator comes down, the cells all open, and two doors will seal off the entry ways to the control system/settings. Enjoy the game and become the true champion!Updates will arrive when people show interest.
When life tries to slow you down, you must remember to speed up.

Godspeed, heed thy wisdom; don't forget where you're from.
Supah Flash
Recruit

Re: Arena: Alienated

Postby phsc » 26 June 2018, 00:24

it didnt alienate me
so its fake propaganda
fake! err
i actually met luki01 back then and that map is really old but still, theres a simple factor
its fun
like id prefer any cahir map over any of zzninjazz's maps or anything basically, in pb2, its not about quality, yet about fun! i mean, just look at map teabag-gunshop, back then when everybody was a kid that map was fun because... i mean there was a bar!
and this isnt bad, but it doesnt have the same feeling as the original
and that wolf is sad can i donate my kidney to him
anyway dont give up you can do it! not bad, but it can be greater, make it simpler
and for real make a better arena
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Arena: Alienated

Postby Supah Flash » 27 June 2018, 03:23

phsc wrote:i actually met luki01 back then and that map is really old but still, theres a simple factor
its fun

like id prefer any cahir map over any of zzninjazz's maps or anything basically, in pb2, its not about quality, yet about fun! i mean, just look at map teabag-gunshop, back then when everybody was a kid that map was fun because... i mean there was a bar!
and this isnt bad, but it doesnt have the same feeling as the original
and that wolf is sad can i donate my kidney to him
anyway dont give up you can do it! not bad, but it can be greater, make it simpler
and for real make a better arena

• The secret formula that I still to this day (in PB2 of course) struggle to find, the entertainment, and originality, that urges players to return to the match again. The game has to be equal for all players, but at the same time, I need one to responsibly handle the game. Should there be more features, or more room to fight? I'm not too sure what to do.
  • I think what may cause the problem is that people aren't used to the logistical panels (for settings), nor the complexity difference of a bumpy terrain on a Custom Arena map. I feel like that's the main cause of it being outside of the audience's 'comfort zone'.
  • I absolutely agree, like it's subtitle, this is only an ALPHA version, so changes will be made the more people show interest. There are a couple bugs I need to fix, but I may need advice on the layout. Is it too small, or is it too confusing? Most people leave the game after their first death, too.

Regardless, thank you for the feedback phsc! I just want the audience to meet the complex or the advanced perspective of a map maker, or PB2 will NEVER be improved. If we always stay with simple maps, map makers won't ever improve maps, and sources will become 'repetitive' and soon 'boring'.
When life tries to slow you down, you must remember to speed up.

Godspeed, heed thy wisdom; don't forget where you're from.
Supah Flash
Recruit

Return to Multiplayer Maps