Suppressor

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Suppressor

Postby ECC9 » 9 March 2018, 17:59

Suppressor with right click or idk so people will not hear the shot you take.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Re: Suppressor

Postby Ayano » 10 March 2018, 01:03

Suppressors are pretty cool don't get me wrong.
But im not sure how its supposed to help in terms of actual combat.
Sure lets say that it really does suppress the sound of the weapon.
But hey this is like a 2D game and you can pretty much see projectiles very clearly.
After your enemy sees the incoming bullet from either the front or back and still doesn't die, well then your most likely revealing your location either way.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby ECC9 » 10 March 2018, 15:05

It's like I and Player ''x'' are trying to kill each other. There is a guy ''y'' a bit away from us. So he will not hear my shooting ( that hard ) and he don't know where I am and if I am there.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Hikarikaze » 10 March 2018, 20:18

Gunshot sounds can just be made to be louder or quieter depending on distance with suppressors reducing the minimum range that the weapon can be heard from. It's just a matter of "if player a is b distance from player c, change weapon volume to x%." Audio should also be panned towards the direction of the character shooting to make this work better since all of the audio currently is centered. It's hard to locate someone with centered gunshots. Volume would show distance; audio panning would show direction

Probably not that hard to implement. As for synchronization issues, the game could just keep constantly checking for distances and calling those distances out between clients/entities instead of having a non-constant either-or state like doors (open or closed). The soundscape/audio needs to be reworked first for this idea to work
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Feedback and Insights